Dec 27 2017
With the rise of Netflix, what series to see becomes a question that is supported by hours of reading about series and series that all seem interesting, and in the end we do not know which one to go with. To make this task easier, we’ve delved into the world of trends in Netflix to bring you today a selection of the best series so that you do not miss out 😉 and do you know what is best? That you can see them in our The Lofttown TV room with all your friends. Sorted!
Maybe you won’t discover anything new, but at least you’ll know what series to see
- The Walking Dead: one of the most vibrant series of the season, again on everyone’s lips after the premiere of season 8. If you have not seen it… you have many episodes to see before you get up-to-date; you can take advantage of the hours you spend in The Lofttown to get together a group of friends and see the episodes in the TV room.
- Stranger Things: the vibrant companion comes to Netflix with the announcement of the second season. It seems to be the series that everyone knows about and you can’t be one less.
- Game of Thrones: season after season this promises to be the centre of attention; let’s say that without it #winterisn’tcoming.
- Vikings: the reason why you will want to call yourself Ragnar Lothbrok is only known by fans of this series. Another good series to share long evenings with friends in our bar.
- Shameless: the daily life of a strange, a little dysfunctional and poor family has become one of the series of the season. Would you like to know why?
We believe that 5 are enough to get started. On with the series marathon!
Dec 19 2017
For our thelofttowners not returning home for Christmas, we have a surprise prepared; we know that some of you need to work at Christmas, so under our commitment to support and take care of you, we are sharing with you a list of the apps that will help you find work at Christmas, company placements or temporary jobs. Shall we start?
- Jovid: the app that helps you to find company placements without previous experience. It connects students with companies in the sector of your interest so that you get to know them from the inside.
- Worktoday: it is as easy as downloading the app, filling in the fields, and starting to look for offers that are of interest to you; some of the temporary contracts can become long term contracts. Will you be you one of them?
- Guudjob: this application allows you to create a personal profile with your achievements, with which you will receive comments on your professional profile, which can open the doors when it comes to finding a job.
- Job today: its motto is: “Find work in 24 hours” and it perfectly sums up the philosophy of the platform to get a quick job. If you’re one of those who want to work at Christmas and wants it now, this is your app.
For all our residents who stay to enjoy Christmas in Barcelona I want to say that if you want to work at Christmas it is a very good option to learn a little more about the city where you live, the culture and above all the language (if this is one of your weak points). We want you to feel at home and we do everything we can to make it happen. Happy Holidays to all! And to those of you who have gone away for Christmas… see you soon!
Dec 12 2017
Objective: get the perfect suitcase for the Christmas holidays
Come the Christmas holidays, for us it is a precious time in which some of our residents travel to see their families and spend Christmas with them, and it is at this time when we are facing the dreaded “empty case”, and that translates into : unknowns and uncertainties, what to wear for New Year’s Eve? What gifts/souvenirs to take and where to put them? How many coats to take? And shoes? And thus to infinity and beyond. To achieve the perfect balance we are giving you some elements that you have to keep in mind when packing your suitcase. Let’s do this!
TIME. EVENTS. WARDROBE.
3 magic words that define what you must have in your suitcase:
- A couple of days’ break: also known as express breaks, they are those Christmas holidays that must be divided between seeing friends, family and being in the city where you study to enjoy the atmosphere that it has. If this is your plan, your suitcase must have: two looks, one for New Year’s Eve-Christmas or New Year’s Eve-New Year, and another for day to day to be comfortable. Ready!
- A weekend getaway: the known 4 vacation days compress into the trolley 3 looks: one more risky, another more relaxed and the last more versatile that you can easily complement with different accessories.
- Holidays from start to finish: known as the two weeks’ Christmas holidays and they are those that colleges and universities tend to have, so you’re in luck. For this occasion, you have to take the 4 basic essentials; and success!
Enjoy yourself with your family, thelofttowner, we are waiting for you here on your return. Happy holidays!
Dec 05 2017
… BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO WANT THEM FOR YOURSELF
In The Lofttown we celebrate Christmas above all else, and this is also very special since it is our first Christmas! And we are excited to be able to celebrate with you all, but surprises will come soon enough, we are not giving anything away. Today I want to talk about Christmas gifts because it is very common among you to celebrate the Secret Santa; and as you’ll probably have to buy many presents, we give you some ideas for gifts, within your budget, and which are original. Looks like mission impossible but we have made it reality.
- Chocolate fondue: you want it and we know. Who doesn’t like sharing an evening with a chocolate fondue? We are sure of laughter, games, delicious food and a few laughs among friends.
- Memory book: you can give a memory book where each and every resident you know in The Lofttown can sign it, writing moments to remember with you, add stickers or memories in it…this way not only are you going to take away a unique experience during your years of study, you are going to take a bit of all and each of the residents and friends (for life).
- Sports kit: there is always the typical friend who insists you go with them to the gym and that friend needs you to put on your tracksuit and use the sports kit that they have given you so that you go with them, and having a gym like the one that you have in The Lofttown you cannot make any more excuses.
- The magic of films: a classic gift that recreates one of the most appealing expressions: movie and blanket. So give this, a movie and a blanket so the cold winter evenings become pleasant movie marathons 😉
Did you like our suggestions? Happy Holidays thelofttowners