Feb 28 2018
APPS AND TOOLS FOR STUDENTS (AND NOT FOR DUMMIES)
Sometimes university is not easy and even less with so much work, and projects that have to be handed in; as sometimes we see you a little overwhelmed and worried, we have decided to look into tools for students and help you a little. You may know some of them already but… we are sharing them with you anyway 😉
TOOLS FOR STUDENTS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Google Drive: one of the most “popular” Google platforms, where you can share documents online, so you can create a workspace and invite your entire work group so that each one can do their part online.
- Canva: Canva is a free online platform with which, from some templates, you can create incredible designs, from CVs, presentations, posters, Instagram posts, Facebook posts, Facebook home pages, A4… everything!
- Trello: it is ideal to create panels and share them. One of the things you can do is to create three columns, with the tasks you have to do, which are being done and which are completed; the second step is to invite your mates to join in.
- Slack: it is like a group chat, you can exchange documents, and you can also send live messages… everything you need!
- Mendeley: if you do not know… let us tell you that we have discovered something great. Mendeley is an application that (get this) creates bibliographies with APA (and others) only by dragging the online document onto your home page. Just as you hear it.
- VMock: this platform creates instant comments on your improvement plan. The first review is free.
What do you think our tools for students? We want to know!
Feb 20 2018
And that is clearly in TheLofttown! Do you know what we are talking to you about? We are not a residence, we are your residence. And we’re going to give four good reasons, which answer this question:
- Eco-consciousness: we are a new construction residence that has been built with the latest technological processes and with the least environmental impact, which makes us a fully biosustainable building, and our facilities are brand new.
- More than a residence: we create a lifestyle, our residents: the thelofttowners become a family passionate to learn, impatient for success, who live, who dream, who have high aspirations; and we have the great privilege of accompanying all and each of them on their way. We are here for you.
- A unique cuisine: under the famous Mediterranean diet we have taken our philosophy of commitment to the kitchen, so that each and every one of the foods that we serve at our buffet is 100% of organic origin, and everything that you do not eat will be sent to soup kitchens in our city.
- The facilities you need: always thinking about you and your needs, we have equipped our residence with everything you need, so you can enjoy a quiet afternoon playing or watching TV shows in our multipurpose room, studying with your group in our group rooms or relaxing quietly on our outdoor terrace. Do you like doing sport? Don’t worry: we have our own, private gym just for you 😉
What do you think: are we or are we not your residence? Where to live in Barcelona translates into two words: TheLofttown. Come see us and learn everything you want to know, also you can follow us on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Have a good day!
Feb 13 2018
We tell you all the things to do in Barcelona
The situation could be summarized in this way: you’ve arranged to meet this afternoon with other thelofttowners and you do not know the things to do in Barcelona because, let’s say, you have already visited the most touristic places, (we refer to the Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Batlló…). Well then, today we share with you some ideal places that you can enjoy in the fantastic city of Barcelona in good company. Shall we start?
- Icebar: is it time to feel even colder still? Icebar is a bar located in Barceloneta made entirely of ice, which leads to this bar being at an average temperature of -18º, but it is worth it! Being made entirely of ice, you can enjoy a full Siberian experience. Who dares to enter?
- Hidden swimming pools in the middle of the Eixample: yes, it is possible and in fact has a name: the gardens of the Torre de les Aigües, which host the precious and well known beach of the Eixample. They are the first of the Cerdà inner courtyards that were restored for public use. This swimming pool is open only in the summer months. Shall we see each other there?
- The Montjuïc cable car: visit the city of Barcelona from a bird’s-eye view, to reach the mythical mountain which houses one of the best museums of art in Catalunya, MNAC; but if art is not your thing, we challenge you to find the enormous slides hidden on the mountain 😉
- Els Encants: no, we do not mean the charm that Barcelona has (that too) but the Encants market, where you can find bargains and all kinds of antiques; it is close to the Las Glories Shopping Centre, another newly renovated mall that is really well worth the visit.
How about it thelofttowner? This afternoon we are going on a tour to see things to do in Barcelona!
Feb 06 2018
University is a change, that is clear, but there is a common factor which is repeated in all of them, and that is the profiles of university professors. If this is your first year you may not yet be able to make an overall assessment: you have not had them or even may not know them enough or, because you are now entering the second semester, but those who are already veterans can confirm it for you. Let’s see those profiles of professors that are repeated in each university 😉
- The model: needs no introduction, this is the young teacher who unfortunately only goes to teach a couple of weeks, as a substitute or just to give a final touch and extend the concepts of the subject that you’re being given.
- The one who doesn’t get the students’ liking: yes guys, there’s always a teacher willing to ask for the first part of the final project (not literally) for the same week as you have final exams, and they are like that: they like to torture students.
- The one who explains too fast: they always appear and the worst thing is that they are completely aware that they speak too fast. Maybe before you start the class they remind you to stop them if they speak too fast… but even so, these classes are often competitions of who’s able to take notes faster, forgetting nothing: because they don’t put the Power Points on the website 😉
- The funny one: the profile known by students as the one who makes jokes without sense and without any humour; his intention is good but you don’t end up getting everything.
- The example: the teacher who remains in the memory of all the students, who gets more than 40% of students to attend class and gets them motivated, and who in the future you keep in contact with.
How many have you had? Comment on our post! Surely you have a name for each type 😉