Jul 26 2018
Do you really know the best Costa Brava towns ? Thelofttowners, today we will share with you one of those posts that you like so much, in which we give tips of the best places to enjoy your stay in Barcelona 24/7. Are you up for finding out which are the best Costa Brava towns? We assure you that will you love them.
THIS IS ABOUT TOWNS
- Pals: one of the Costa Brava towns with the most charm; so far it has kept its medieval essence, being a walled town. Travelling to Pals is like travelling in time, and it is for this reason that we share with you this beautiful town so you can enjoy it as it is.
- Calella de Palafrugell: better known as the town in which, every year, there takes place the Cap Roig Festival, where the likes of Elton John, Antonio Orozco, David Bisbal, Jason Derulo, among others, have left their mark. If what you want is to enjoy good music and dream beaches, you cannot let the opportunity pass by to visit this beautiful town on the Costa Brava.
- Figueres: birthplace of surrealist artist Salvador Dalí, known worldwide for his extravagant moustache and his iconic paintings, including one of the most famous: Melting Clocks. If you want to know what inspired this artist you have to visit this beautiful town on the Costa Brava, and if you feel passion for this famous painter and sculptor, you can visit the museum.
What do you think of our choice? We know that you’ve been waiting for us to share with you the best Costa Brava towns so… here you have them! It is time to take your towel, your sun cream and your friends, and go to enjoy the best summer of your life. We, as a Barcelona students’ residence, will be waiting for you to come back with open arms.
Jul 20 2018
Barcelona is one of the most popular Erasmus summer school destinations, and it is not for nothing: we are the city with more lifestyle, tourism, activities, leisure, culture, and good weather (we could be here for days like that) that you will find. For that reason and for everything else that you will discover in this post, we say to you that if you are checking out Barcelona to come for Erasmus summer school, you have to check out the ground where you might find yourself, and we tell it to you in our post 🙂
SET LIST OF THINGS TO DO IN BARCELONA
- Beaches: in August we will share with you a post about the best beaches in Barcelona, so we will not go into this subject too much, but I can say that in Barcelona there are coves and beautiful places where you can meet with your friends from the Erasmus summer school to enjoy the best paellas in Barcelona; if this topic interests you… stay tuned to the blog in August where we’ll talk about the best beaches in Barcelona.
- Entertainment: of course, the culture of Gaudí and modernism that characterize some of the highlights of Barcelona overrun the city most linked to Catalan culture; enjoy Erasmus Barcelona photographing the Sagrada Familia, taking a selfie in the Casa Batlló, walking in the corridors of la Pedrera, enjoying the shade of the trees of Parc Güell or going up to Montjuic, where the magic fountain waits to give you its water and light show.
- Activities: we are talking about skating with in-line skates along the promenade, renting bicycles to enjoy Barcelona on a ride, visiting the aquarium to learn about marine fauna, going to the Columbus statue to have a bird’s eye view of the city, visiting the only museum in the world where you can find all the celebs in wax and bone (we are talking about the Barcelona wax museum)… in every corner of Barcelona there are things to do, and this is what our Erasmus summer school students most like.
You can be one of them; are you up for it? We will waiting for you in our Students residence in Barcelona
Jul 11 2018
Gastro sites become fashionable; where to eat in Barcelona:
Do you really know where to eat in Barcelona? We will tell you something, you can’t say you know Barcelona like the palm of your hand if you haven’t been to eat at one of these places we are going to tell you about next, they are the places where to eat in Barcelona that you should already know. Is that so? We found them
Barcelona shows its most gastro and healthy side
Do you think that we had forgotten the healthy part? No guys, your health is paramount to us. On with healthy options!
- MarketCuina Fresca: as you might expect, we start the selection with a healthy, and at the same time organic, option: fresh-daily market produce to eat in Barcelona, an experience beyond limits. The menu is composed of 80% vegetables and 20% meat, and it goes without saying that the menu products are fresh every day.
- Idil·lic: it could not be more idyllic, it is a gastro space offering only organic products and most importantly: no sugar. The sugar in our body becomes like a silent health villain: a sweet temptation we must not fall into. If you want to know all about the sweets of idil·lic, you have it easy, go spend the afternoon with friends enjoying the delicious experience of its secret cakes. Say no more!
- Woki Organic Market: an incredible gastro experience with an unbeatable atmosphere, as if it were a real market. This option located in Barcelona raises the bar of where to eat in Barcelona to another level. We cannot tell you more; you have to try it with your own palate.
Hasn’t it made it your mouth water? Go and try them, and then tell us 😉
Jul 04 2018
Well, thelofttowners, we are going to that subject which interests you, where to go out partying in Barcelona; we know that as students you have to enjoy your nightlife, and going out to dinner and for a drink is fine, but sometimes you want to dance a bit, right? So here we are to bring you the places where to go out partying in Barcelona and have a great time. Let’s do this!
WHAT THE NIGHT HAS IN STORE
- Barceloneta: it is a very good choice if you are looking for nightlife and going for a drink. In Barceloneta you will find famous restaurants by day, pubs by night with direct access to the beach. One of these most famous places is Opium: among other artists, it has been the place of performance for David Guetta. There are also other options such as Shoko, Soho, Pachá and Carpe Diem.
- Sala Razzmataz: the mythical concert hall of Barcelona, next to Glories, you can find this place offering live music from time to time… On this stage, artists as big as Niall Horan or Coldplay have performed… You cannot miss it.
- Sala Apolo: another mythic concert hall and disco that you have to know if you are looking for where to go out partying in Barcelona. You cannot miss the NastyMondays; I do not want to reveal anything, discover it yourself 😉
Well well, thelofttowners, it is time to make the most of your summer with us. That is why we always offer what you need at any time. It is time to have fun with your friends and live the nightlife of Barcelona. It is not too much to say: please be responsible at all times, your safety is paramount.