Aug 19 2019
It is a known fact that the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019 are something that is in the diary of everyone from Barcelona (and the ones who aren’t as well), and it really is one of the things that is most looked forward to in the year. To our first timers we say: is it your first time in Barcelona? Then you have to pay attention to this blog because we are going to open the doors for you to the most party, musical and fun Barcelona you have ever seen, and once you have attended the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019 you are never going to want to step again into Opium, Shoko and Pachá; we are risking ourselves with this but we know that you’re going to be delighted, we know it because we have been young too (although it doesn’t seem so now) and the moment also arrived for us to know the youngest spirit of Barcelona. We are not going to lead you on! Discover for yourself all the events that are waiting for you this summer.
La Mercè: but wasn’t the blog about the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019? Oui mon amie, but we couldn’t begin this blog without mentioning the party of parties the Tomorrowland of Barcelona; and with that, we refer to THE FESTIVAL OF LA MERCÈ and we tell you in capital letters because we don’t know any other way except for shouting. Yes dear friends, La Mercè is one of the events of the summer, specifically September, most looked forward to by everyone, and rightly so.
Apart from being the patron saint of Barcelona, the festival of La Mercè has an important reception as much for its popular and cultural atmosphere since during the day different activities take place all over Barcelona suitable for all ages, while at night the Forum, the Avenue Maria Cristina and the Bogatell Beach are filled with concerts of all types of music. Are you really going to miss it? We can only tell you musical references from last year, because this year we still don’t know who will perform, but we tell you everything if we mention Green Valley, Love of Lesbians, Dr. Calipso and la Iaia (artists from last year). This year promise yourself: pay attention to your calendar!
Fiestas of Poblenou: hold on, there are curves coming. After Llum Barcelona, Poblenou brings all the neighbours together again to celebrate its Fiesta Mayor and we believe there is no need to tell you, that you have to attend, no matter what, because it is a tradition; you will never have lived a fiesta mayor like it, and it is when neighborhood traditions come together with the best music and cultural activities that jewels like this arise.
Fiestas de Gràcia: another of the important dates that you have this summer. We are not going to detain you a lot on this topic because we told you in a previous post about plans in Barcelona and we want you to go there and note down all the plans you don’t want to miss. So everyone to that blog.
Neighborhood parties: we wanted to highlight the best known, but in general in Barcelona all the neighborhoods or districts have their annual festival, for which reason fun is assured in all its senses. It is for this reason that we don’t want to recommend only some of them; we wanted it to be you yourself who discovers all of them according to the events that are held, as you may be interested in some more than others.
Ready? We believe that you already are, and for our veterans, if you have already spent a summer with us you already know what we are talking about, so we ask you to go with the more recent members of our big family so that they too know what it is to enjoy the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019.
Now we have to adopt a little bit the role of parents; yes we’re sorry, but as we have already told you we look after you as if we were your parents so you’re going to hear the speech twice. Be careful, please, it’s possible to go out to party and enjoy to the maximum the events in Barcelona this summer responsibly. By this we mean to say: be careful with drink, don’t lose sight of your group of friends; although you know Barcelona, there are a lot of people about during these festivals so it’s not difficult to get lost and sometimes the mobile phone coverage doesn’t work well. For this reason we recommend previously arranging a meeting point with your group of friends in a way that if someone gets lost they can go there to meet up again with all the group (the idea is that you go there too); look after your belongings and don’t carry anything of value on you as the pickpockets are expert thieves. Better to leave them in the residence where we will look after them very well. Understood?
This said, we give you free rein to enjoy to the maximum these parties, all the events and we hope you squeeze the maximum out of your stay with us in our university residence in Barcelona.
Jul 22 2019
Where to eat and be happy makes sense, and we don’t only have delightful rooftop terraces in Barcelona to go out and have a drink; and we’re going to show you.
Terraces Barcelona, two words which cover so very much: on the one hand the unique lifestyle, and on the other the opportunity to get to know gastronomic Barcelona within an almost impossible atmosphere.
With the arrival of the good weather you feel like eating out, it’s like that, but literally out, in the street. And as your wish is our command, this is exactly what we are going to do, but guys, you already know us. We are not going to present to you whatever Barcelona terrace, no, we’re going to present the best restaurants with terrace in Barcelona from within.
Let’s start from the secret, and what we are suggesting are those interior Barcelona terraces, those which escape from the city noise and promise (and fulfil) unique experiences. As of now we’ll tell you that we are going to present for all tastes, from more exclusive terraces to others ideal to have a good time with friends, enjoying a delicious economical set menu. Is your mouth watering? Ours is, we are not going to delay any more in presenting the best Barcelona terraces. We’ll tell you something before we present the best Barcelona terraces. Remember that we love you very much, because you are not going to forgive us for not having told you before (sorry).
WE GO TO THE TERRACES
First stop, Brummel Kitchen: where are the hipsters of our student residence? Let them show themselves. In the heart of Poble Sec is hidden your interior Barcelona terrace that you dreamed about. And it is the obligatory stop because of its obvious reasons: simple, minimalist, photogenic (amen to our posing); you don’t feel like anything is out of place. Certainly it will end up becoming one of your favourite places for the moment, and it won’t only be because they serve one of the most exquisite brunches in the area, no. And the neighbours? My beloved friends, this jewel of a place has a truce with the neighbours of Palo Cortao, it is a good sign. We’ll tell you something else: we know that you love our buffet at midday, that the food is the best in the whole wide world, and nothing could be better, we know, but for one day (not more as we miss you) we’ll let you go to enjoy its midday set menu for €12.50. We approve, we have to confess. This precious Barcelona terrace is to be found at Nou de la Rambla 174.
Second stop, Casa Bonay: pay attention as this Barcelona terrace comes with a surprise. You know it, or at least it rings a bell that you’ve heard it spoken about. Well yes, it’s a hotel, but like all good hotels, it has a terrace to be reconciled with the peace of urban life, which also exists, you only have to look up and go up a few floors (minimum 9). We’ll tell you that this is one of the best Barcelona terraces where you can enjoy a private space, where the food is heavenly. But… we’ve already told you that it comes with a surprise, if the Barcelona street is not your thing, let us tell you that we’ll move this atmosphere to the beach. It’s a joke, we would do it for you but in this case we have already been overtaken.
This marine experience is called Casa Bonay Goes to Sea (original? Not a lot) we simply move the idea of private space and the exclusivity of the food to the sea but we add an extra touch. The menu is prepared by Estanislao Carenzo himself of the Elephant Crocodile and Monkey, ta-da!
To enjoy this so extremely incredible experience we tell you to hurry up since Casa Bonay only organises outings in May, July and September on board the Narinan, Kenneth Perdigon’s sailboat (yes, baby), for a maximum of six people. The price? € 145 per person but for once in a lifetime it’s really worth it.
Third stop, Marea Baja: aha, no we’re not going to the beach, we are sorry if we are really making you want to go to the beach to eat. Guilty! We’ll tell you that Marea Baja has nothing to envy of its big brother, Marea Alta. We find ourselves on the lower floor where it gives competition. It offers a menu of Finger food (with oysters included) where you can enjoy a wide menu of cocktails, sangrias, and you can even appreciate the presence of binoculars. Are you up for it? We are 😉
Fourth stop, the terrace of the Cercle: we are leaving the beach to present another of our selection of restaurants with terrace in Barcelona, and in this case we are going to none other than the Cercle Artístic de Barcelona, which has become a Barcelona basic that you must visit no matter what. We’ll tell you that for many years there have been a lot of questions about how to get into such an appealing terrace that opens onto Portal del Àngel. In its interior we will be able to enjoy a delicious set menu of Mediterranean food (two courses and desert) full of love, but we will also have the option to taste dishes of Japanese cuisine, ask for a cocktail, some tapas and, above all, enjoy the character of being in a five-century-old building. Touché.
We’ll put a full stop to our selection of Barcelona terraces. Why? Because we are going to be sharing them with you little by little. For the moment enjoy these, there are many more to come. We love you!
Jun 26 2019
Summer has arrived (yes!!!) and the best summer plans in Barcelona have landed on our blog.
And we are sure that you want to know them, because you are part of our great family, because this summer you deserve to know all the plans that are brewing in Barcelona (and there’s a whole load of them); because if there is something truly great that this city has, it is that the lifestyle and the events are something really the order of the day, and because you are a thelofttowner and we know that you’re very interested in this.
So far, so good; now we’ll leave you for a few minutes to get your diary and make a note or make a whatsapp list for all your group of friends, or so that you can refresh your memory about how to make screenshots. Ready? Then on with it!
Agenda of the 4 events that you have to do in Barcelona this summer
Open-air cinema (Cinema a la fresca)
Maybe it rings a bell, and it’s because it’s one of the events that we most recommend and we most like. We believe it’s a perfect way to socialise with other groups of the same age, get to know new friends and enjoy a movie in the open air. In one of the most emblematic places in Barcelona, on Montjuic. We recommend that you go up on the Montjuic cable car to enjoy the views of the city. Don’t you think it’s a great plan? Note it down or send it by whatsapp right now so that you can be letting your friends know to reserve the day.
We’ve come very high with the term. A Rooftop bar or a rooftop terrace are those emblematic places in Barcelona where the views are joined together with a cocktail. Now that you know, surprise your friends with a special plan going on a “chilled” day to have a drink before or after going out for dinner. What’s special about it? You’ll be able to see the sunset from a privileged viewpoint; you will have the opportunity to see Barcelona from another point of view which you had never seen before. And to make the experience even better, we are sharing with you the names of some of the best Rooftop bars:
- Hotel Barceló Raval: we are talking about THE terrace, and we say it is THE terrace because it’s the only one in Barcelona where the views are the widest. It’s open every day, but the plan that we recommend is that you go on Sundays for a light brunch with dj. By day, as much as by night, we are waiting for you on this beautiful terrace.
- Hotel Mandarin: a unique terrace in the middle of the emblematic Paseo de Gracia. We can say that it is an option for special occasions, given that its price isn’t emblematic. But if you want to be the best friend in the whole wide world, you have to invite the birthday boy or birthday girl to enjoy this experience.
- El Terrat: it is a unique terrace due to its location, given that it is at the foot of the Agbar tower. You’ll be able to enjoy a cocktail lying down on one of the terrace deck chairs while you think about how wonderful life is in Barcelona, and how the summer plans in Barcelona that The Lofttown is sharing with you are ideal.
Well, well, there is a beach here
We know that you have walked on it, got fed up with being toasted by the sun (hey! Solar protection SPF 50+ please) but do you believe that we would share with you something that you’ve already done? If you answer that there is no PlayStation for you today, what we want to share with you are some of the water activities that Barcelona has; and what there is to do in summer cannot be only reduced to beach + sun + ice creams. You can get about on the beach.
Let’s go diving, paddle surfing, what about a boat ride? How you like our plans! Hey, you only have to note down each and every one of these options to enjoy the summer like you’ve never done before.
The Gracia Festival
Ta-da! Our fourth option, but no less important, is a bit of a party. You know it, I know it, going out to party and so on isn’t a bad thing (as long as you always do it with your head and in a responsible manner; I’m sorry but we have to adopt the role of parents), so what we don’t want you to do is miss a great plan this summer, and the Gracia Festival is it.
The streets of this neighbourhood get filled with life thanks to the work of the neighbours who decorate each and every one of the streets with different themes in a way that creates elements of fantasy with recycled products; and as a student residence in Barcelona responsible about the environment as we are, we couldn’t enjoy ourselves more.
During the night Gracia becomes the main stage for concerts by the most iconic groups. We are going to put it in capital letters just in case you haven’t got it clear: YOU CANNOT MISS IT. The Gracia Festival is held in August, this way in the middle of the month when everyone goes away you have a definite appointment in Barcelona. You’re already taking too long to note it down in your calendar.
All ready? We’ll leave you a summary if you want to take a screenshot of the 4 most outstanding plans of this summer that you cannot miss under any circumstances; and no, a hangover is not an excuse:
- Open-air cinema: 20 June 2019
- Rooftop bar: All day, all night
- Water activities – All day, all night or, 24/7, which is the same thing
- Gracia Festival – 15 August 2019
Now, do you think that we have left out any plan? Share it in the comments! It is the best way for the other thelofttowners to be able to make a note of more plans than those we have shared with you.
You may also be interested in:
Jun 21 2019
Like every year, the International Sun Day sides with the Summer Solstice in the
North Hemisphere, being the longest day of the year and also the first day of summer.
From The Lofttown, first sustainable student housing in Barcelona we would like to thanks the energy that the sun provides to our life.
If we had to describe its energy in a few words, those ones would be: Free, Unlimited and Free.
We believe that in Spain the sun energy is still lose out on and it’s sad because it has been always with us.
Thanks to the sun all the humans and species in the earth exist. There isn’t certainty life in other planets in the solar system yet. We are a unique specie with a big advantage: the temperature of the sun facing our planet favors life.
This big principle is sometimes forgotten by some governments that nowadays aren’t promoting the renewable energies and its use for a better life. The traditional energies, if we can call them like that, are the ones we have been using so far.
Furthermore, there is a definition of the word Tradition, to be considered:
Def. From the Latin tradition. A Tradition is the handing down of statements, beliefs, legends, customs, information, etc… from generation to generation, especially by word of mouth or by practice: a story that has come down to us by popular tradition.
The current energies are the only ones that has been offered to us so far. ¿But let me ask you, isn’t it time to start turning this old tradition into a new one to the new generations? Gas and Petrol are behind the times.
The world is not stopping here, we need to be conscious about how to take care of it and change the way we are living in order to preserve it, and of course, we do have the moral responsibility to protect the sun, make good use of it and thanks the energy that it’s given to us.
And yes, this is another calling to set up the renewable energies to see finally in the near future, buildings full of solar panels, plants, sustainability and love.
May 30 2019
The tricks to study better that you have always wanted to know
Hello again Thelofttowners, today we give you something that you are always looking for (and no it’s not the elixir of eternal youth); they are the definitive tricks to study better. Because we will tell you a secret, we were students too and we went through each and every one of the aspects that you are going through now, we’ve been through it before. And it is for this very reason that we want you to have everything within reach to get the best grades and be the smartest in the class.
First of all we want to tell you something: we know that you are at a stage in which everything is new experiences, new companions, new studies, new environments, a new city (we refer to our newest Thelofttowners, for the veterans you already have good knowledge about it); it’s at this time that you fancy going out of the student residence with your friends, spending the evening walking along Las Ramblas, arriving at Maremagnum and having an ice cream in front of the sea, going to the aquarium… and even more now that the weather is good and you fancy going skating along the Paseo Marítimo on roller blades, for example. But guys, this is very nice and very idyllic but in these periods of absolute freedom there also has to be time for study, assignments and exam preparation. We are not saying that you have to lock yourself up in a library for hours and it is for this reason that we will give you tricks to study better in incredible, and in no way boring, environments. LET’S GET TO IT!
YOUR BEST STUDENT FACET AND CONCENTRATION TRICKS TO STUDY
1. Cut the time
Ve-ry im-por-tant. It’s not worth doing four hours of study flat out to later go out with your friends. It has been demonstrated that we can only focus on a concentration time of 30 minutes; it is for this reason that if you try to study four hours together it could be in vain, since you will not be paying the attention that you should. So we recommend that you cut the time to 30 minutes blocks at one go; it may seem crazy, but we assure you that you will assimilate the concepts that you have to study very much better, and afterwards you will be able to calmly enjoying the evening with your friends. You deserve an ice cream!
2. Study routine mode on
This is one of the principal tricks to study that we very much recommend to you. Having a routine organised with all your work and study time allows you to do what you want to do in a day, and we assure you of this. We don’t want you to become obsessive about organisation and set a timer to everything, even to assure that you only have a 20 minutes nap and not one minute more. This neither, but what will indeed allow you to organise your day (more or less, there could always be unforeseen events). You know what you have to avoid above all? Having to study at all hours of the night because you haven’t had previous organisation, and we’ll tell you something: sleep is one of the most important foundations of a good student and another of the most important tricks to study better that you will be able to read here. So nobody takes away your nightly 8h of healing sleep.
3. Goodbye distractions
And we say really goodbye, no Facebook or mobile phone or calls or television, nothing at all. It’s for this reason that we have a study room set up so that none of that slows down your studies. If the library is not your thing or it is too far, we give you all the facilities that we have for you so that your study time may be as efficient as possible. You might feel lazy, but that cannot be, think that later a swim at the beach is waiting for you or an evening with your friends on the terrace of a bar facing the sea.
4. Stay away from lineal memorisation
What do you mean to say by this? Don’t be satisfied with only studying the subject. Now try to relate concepts, look for synonyms, find the sense; and something that can help you a lot is to think about what type of questions could come up in the exam.
5. Tell me a story
Literal, just like you read it. Explain what you’ve studied to a classmate, by this simple method you get a lot of benefits:
A. Structuring of the learned concepts: explaining to a classmate everything that you have studied helps your brain organise the concepts like a chronological core idea of the facts.
B. Comprehension of the concepts: speaking aloud helps you understand some concepts that you will never manage to understand by simply reading; you’ll see that when you say it aloud you understand many things, so no embarrassment and get talking.
C. Self-evaluate: reading aloud everything that you have learned will help you to detect those points that you thought you understood but in reality didn’t, you’ll find out immediately because you will be caught out without knowing how to continue the theory. What is usually most difficult to learn are the dates, formulas and names of strange theories. So now you know to give a special emphasis to learning, not memorising, that information. We’ll give you a trick: to learn these more complicated things well, we recommend that you relate them to a topic that is easy for you to remember. Let your creativity fly.
What you think of our tricks to study better? If you put them in practice you will see that they really work for you and you will begin to have time for everything, in a way that those hours you spent studying instead of sleeping will begin to be a vague memory. It is now that you take control of your life to have time for everything and enjoys the best time of your student life. Come on guys, we trust in all of you and we know that you can do this and very much more. We want to suggest a challenge:
Starting from today until the end of the course (we know that this depends on the University, this time can vary), put into practice the study methods that we have suggested, above all the one where you have to read aloud or explain to a classmate the entire subject that you have learned. If you have never put this into practice you will see that it is one of the techniques that we most stand by, it really works.
Finally thelofttowners, we say goodbye to you until the next post, not without previously inviting you to follow us in all your social networks so that you are up-to-date with everything that we are doing in the student housing in Barcelona. We share many things that for sure you need to see! And like this, creating Hype we leave you keen to follow us on our social networks. See you later!
You may be interested in:
Apr 23 2019
New to the city?
You still don’t know how to get around Barcelona? Don’t worry; we’ll explain it to you. We’ll tell you how to arrive at an address by Barcelona public transport and how to use public transport in Barcelona.
Barcelona is a relatively small city, and the advantage that the residents have of the student housing in Barcelona, The Lofttown, is that it is to be found in a very good neighbourhood of the city, central and perfect to have access to all types of public transport.
Learning how to get around Barcelona will allow you to find the restaurants you are looking for to eat in Barcelona, watch your favourite series on the long train journey that will await you according to your destination or find your student housing and easily place it on the map.
Being a growing city and in a process of ecologic innovation which will be carried out in 2020, and will mean an increase of green areas and public transport, there are more and more options to get about which do not harm or pollute the planet.
Following, we will explain to you the options that you have to get around Barcelona:
- Metro: currently Barcelona has eight metrolines which can be identified by the number colour of the line: L1 (red), L2 (purple), L3 (green), L4 (yellow), L5 (blue), L6 (violet), L7 (brown), L8 (pink), L9N y L9S (orange), L10N y L10S (light blue), L11 (light green), and which cover the majority of the city and its surroundings.
- FGC (Ferrocarrils Generalitat de Catalunya): There is also an urban and metropolitan network of trains managed by the Generalitat of Catalunya (FGC), which complements the mentioned Metro network in Barcelona. There are 4 urban lines: L6, L7, L8 and L12. Apart from those which go to different parts of Cataluña: S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9.
- TRAM (tranvía): The tram has been running in Barcelona since 2004. This means of public transport, complementary to the metro, is an accessible, ecologic, fast and comfortable system. The tram is made up of two networks —Trambaix y Trambesòs—, 6 lines, a total of 29.2 km of track and 56 stops. The Trambaix network is made up of lines T1, T2 y T3, which have a common section of 6 km and pass through the municipalities of Barcelona, L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Esplugues de Llobregat, Cornellà de Llobregat, Sant Joan Despí, Sant Just Desvern y Sant Feliu de Llobregat. The network has a length of 15.1 km, and 29 stops. The lines T4, T5 and T6 make up the Trambesòs network. The T4 and the T6 connect Barcelona with Sant Adrià de Besòs, and the T5 joins Barcelona with Badalona. The length of this network is 14.1 km and has 27 stops.
- Train (RENFE): If you want to arrive at a town outside Barcelona, check to see if there is a train station nearby. The Cercanías de RENFEnetwork will easily bring you near to the city centre. And, in the same way as with the tram, there are different options and lines.
- Bus:Barcelona has a fleet of more than 1.000 buses, which cover more than 80 lines to arrive at any area of the city. The buses are low-floor, and adapted for people of reduced mobility.
Do you want to go out to party and come back by public transport?
Barcelona has a service of night buses called Nit Bus, which cover a great part of the city and the surroundings.
- Going by bike or using Bicing: Barcelona has bike lanes, where you can go on your own bike, or hire it from one of the rental shops that you will find in the centre. The city is full of open spaces and parks. These conditions, and the mild climate, invite the use of a bike as alternative transport.
There is a public bike rental service which is called Bicing, mainly intended for residents, given that a yearly fee is paid.
- TAXI service:Barcelona has a service of more than 11,000 taxis, easily identifiable by their yellow and black colours. The taxis that are free have a green light, you only have to hail them and they will stop if they see your hand raised. There is also a service of polyvalent taxis to transport people with reduced mobility.
- Own or rented car: during your stay in Barcelona/Cataluña you could consider buying a car or renting. Although it is a comfortable option if you have to often go to the city surroundings, we don’t recommend it; in Barcelona there is a lot of traffic and it is difficult to park, apart from the pollution which a car generates.
- Motorcycle: you will be able to see millions of motorcyclists in Barcelona, as it is easier to get about with them than by car, and they are much more economical. Nevertheless, we recommend that you look at options like Bicing or electric scooters, transport that although it may be private transport does not pollute.
You will be asking yourself: how much will all this cost me? What are the prices of the different options? How do I buy train tickets and what is the best fare for me?
To know the prices that each one of the options has, you can check on the webpage of each of them. Search in Google, for example: Metro Barcelona. There, it specifies what price you have to pay. If you haven’t looked on the webpage before, don’t worry, there are station personnel who will help you, and machines where you can buy tickets in the same place as you take the public transport that you choose.
With relation to the fares offered, as students we recommend to you that you see if there are discounts, because there are offers which will fit your requirement with a reduced price.
How to choose which public transport is best for me?
It will depend on which place in Barcelona that you have to go to, or on your preferences.
- If you like to see the urban landscape and get to know the city without going under it, then choose to go by Bus, Tram, Bicing or private transport.
- If the traffic and the number of people that are in the street are overwhelming, the Metro is a good option to get around without inconvenience; also they are very frequent and it is easy to identify the stops by their names, which specifically describe the street or place that you are looking for.
- If you have to go far from Barcelona, take RENFE or your own or hired car, as you like.
There are many options and it will be easy for you to find what best suits your needs.
In The Lofttown we believe in the need to preserve the environment and leave the smallest environmental footprint possible. For this reason we recommend that you choose the least polluting means of transport, or do exercise and go on foot.
If you have any doubt whatsoever, we are at reception: we’ll help you.
You may also be interested in:
Mar 10 2019
TheLofttown isn’t only a student residence Barcelona, it is a very special place that will accompany you during the most important and decisive years of your life. For this reason, we have a great responsibility and we want to be a place that helps you to shape yourself as an adult.
What you should take into account at the moment of choosing your student residence Barcelona
The time at university is a stage of crucial importance in our lives, since it is the moment that we leave the protective environment of our home and family and move on to the real world. But they are also fantastic years that we have to live intensely.
If this is your current situation you are lucky. And if, in addition, you are going to study abroad or away from home, you are even luckier. And one of the main things that you will have to sort out is where to stay during this university period; TheLofttown gives you the keys to choose the best student accommodation in Barcelona. Are you ready? Well then, let’s begin,
Near, very near!
One of the things that cause the most worry is the location of the student residence Barcelona that is chosen. It is very important that your future home isn’t far away, either from your studies or from the city centre. You’ll spend less time travelling and it’ll be easy to get around because you will have everything nearby. TheLofttown is located in one of the best locations in Barcelona, in the Gracia neighbourhood. You will have everything at hand: universities, leisure, shopping and restaurants, green areas … Are you going to miss out?
It is very important to be well located, but also to be able to move around at ease; that is to say to be in the heart of the metropolis. Having several public transport connections nearby. The ideal student residence Barcelona should make getting about easy by being located in areas with different transport options.
Take it easy!
Another of the characteristics to take into account at the moment of deciding your student residence Barcelona is the peace and quiet of the neighbourhood and of the residents in it. Although for sure it’s great to be in the centre of the city and have all the activity at hand, it’s also good to be able to have spaces to relax where you are able to study and have an environment suitable for the exam periods and so that you are relaxed at “home”. And that is why the student residence Barcelona that you choose should be provided with areas specially dedicated to study as much as to leisure, to be able to take advantage, to the maximum, of the study hours, the moments you relax in the breaks and your deserved free time.
Manna from heaven!
We have good news! Everything necessary: quiet, connections, nearness, comfort and all type of quality services, we have them! This cocktail has its own name: TheLofttown. This student residence Barcelona is a new concept of student residences designed at the highest level of comfort to offer you a unique university experience. Designed thinking about what a student needs and with every detail. Creating a safe and comfortable space so that your parents can be easy knowing that you will be like at home.
Now that we have given a name to this cocktail of factors that you need to choose your student residence Barcelona, we can already say to you that TheLofttown is a lifestyle that inspires the awakening of an honest, strong and fighting attitude so that you get your dreams in the wonderful life you have in front of you.
TheLofttown is your student residence Barcelona, perfect if you’re looking for a quiet place to live, with all the comforts of home, with all the freedom as if you were living alone, with infinite new friends and with multiple opportunities to build your future at the level of personal relationships and unique experiences.
A student residence Barcelona where you learn the habit of a positive attitude in life, to achieve professional success and all that you decide. Because with attitude we can get all of our dreams. And, of course, a place designed so that above all you have a good time.
And some of you are still not convinced that this residence is the best choice; allow us to give you another of our tips so that you can see that the most important thing for us is you. At the end of the day, you are here to study a university degree, so what we are going to do is provide a guide so that you can recognise that, apart from all the other advantages TheLofttown has, it is also the best place to study that you’re going to find.
Secrets waiting to be discovered
- Create a study plan: it is very easy; the difficult thing is to keep it up. For this reason, this course put your perseverance to the test; you have to have a monthly planning and function of the tasks, jobs, exams that you’re going to have during the course and the time you are going to dedicate to each one. This is the only way that you will have time left over to enjoy with your friends in the student residence Barcelona.
- Your own notes please: the business of asking for notes from your classmates has to stop. Taking your own notes allows rapid memorisation of the topic, a structure of the subject itself, which will allow an easy visual recognition. And if you are very meticulous we suggest that you take your notes in rough of the topic given in class; and once you arrive at your student residence Barcelona, you lock yourself away in one of the study rooms and make clean notes.
- Sleep enough: and it is during dreaming that the brain assimilates everything that has been learnt during the day. Sleep is the best medicine for tiredness and it is during dreaming that the brain assimilates what has been learned during the day, for which reason the more you sleep the better, so today stay in your room in the TheLofttown and dedicate the night to yourself. We know that sometimes it can end up complicated, but there are moments when you have to prioritise. There is time for everything.
For sure, those of you who still didn’t have it clear if this student residence Barcelona was a good place to study, now you shouldn’t have any doubt. We don’t only want you to be well and have all comforts, but we are also aware that, at the end of the day, you are here because you are studying a university degree, and we don’t want the main reason to be the last in our list of priorities. Simply, TheLofttown is a community which allows you to include everything, so that you enjoy studying.
We have given you a lot of clues and tips about how your stay could be with us, so now the next step is up to you. Right now you should begin by calling us and get better informed about which room suits you best. To do that, you can consult our webpage or contact us, so you can have all our options for you at first hand.
You may also be interested in:
Feb 25 2019
Do you want to know what is hidden behind university degrees Barcelona? Without a doubt this is your post, because you’re going to discover that all that glitters is not gold and we’re going to tell you things that no one has told you and you’re going to be delighted to find out.
The moment has arrived. We are not children any more. We have finished high school and we have chosen to study university degrees Barcelona. Everything seems so difficult. I don’t know what to choose. I don’t know where to go. I don’t know what I like. I don’t know if I will study abroad. Take it easy, in this post were going to make sure you’re not overwhelmed by all of this. We can’t help you to decide what degree you should study. But yes we can inform you about what we know, so that at least you have one thing less to think about. And the thing is that there are student residences so that you can live your university time in all its splendour. Although it can be a bit scary at first, living in Barcelona with your companions, friends and doing what you yourself have chosen to do is something that you have to experience. Studying with support groups, enjoying the leisure of the city, getting fit in the gyms, going shopping in malls and going on excursions. All of this is possible in our residence, made for you.
And if you decide for one of the university degrees Barcelona or to study master in Barcelona, there is something that we must tell you, and for this you have to keep reading the post so that you have very clear where you should stay, so that you can enjoy the experience.
What are we referring to?
- Your university years are yours: what do we want to say by that? You are no longer at the age of obligatory education so you are carrying on studying because it’s what you want to do. You choose what to study because you like it, and you are motivated because you are aware that you are already beginning to build your own future. Furthermore, you’ll begin to feel that famous expression of “personal growth”, since you will be away from the family atmosphere and it will be your first step in that. So decide and go for it, it is the moment when you begin to pack your bags to leave the nest.
- Your residence companions will be friends for life: although it sounds like a cliché and you believe that they won’t go beyond simple companions, time will prove us right. Social and even amorous relationships which are going to be created in these years are going to be very special for you. Who knows if the love of your life is near; so you have to live, feel and enjoy. Think that you’ll spend a lot of time in the residence. At the meals, in the corridors, in moments of study, at parties… With the activities inside The Lofttown you will be able to enjoy everything. Leisure, excursions walks, gastronomy, shopping … You know that you can visit the farms where we get the food that we serve in our buffet? Well imagine the amount of relationships and friends you will be able to make with all the infinity of things that we are offering you.
- Nights behind the scenes: it is sure that in other places they don’t tell you, but we are distinct and we are more than a simple student residence. Although we know that you are doing a university degrees Barcelona, we also know that it won’t be all study. There will be moments for everything and, of course, there will be nights of fun. Watch out, but you must know that there are not only these moments; we must also remind you that there are moments to study and relax. But when the moment arrives to go out with your friends, you should know that Barcelona offers thousands of possibilities. Movies, theatre, dinners, drinks… Escape from the pressure of university degrees in Barcelona and turn on the fun mode.
We could carry on explaining to you all of the advantages of studying away from home, doing it in Barcelona, and doing it in The Lofttown. The problem then would be that we would need 10 more posts so we could tell you everything that we can offer, but as we can’t do this, for the moment what we can say is that we assure you of what you always longed for, learning new things. What do we want to say? In the same way as we said to you before that your companions will end up being your friends, now we say to you in our residence you will keep learning. How? We are also an Erasmus student residence Barcelona, so you’ll be able to meet new people but moreover from other different countries, which means that they bring a different culture with them. You’ll be able to live together with them because they will be part of the lofttowner community; we give it to you on a plate so that you know new people and, on top of that, learn new things.
Now that we’ve got all the future university students hooked, maybe those who have already been through that, and are thinking of continuing studying, believe we are not for them. In this case we must tell you that for you future students of master Barcelona we have room too. We can’t say anything else because we are more than a simple place to sleep, and we have room for all of you. The Lofttown is an experience, a lifestyle that you will only be able to live with us. The mix of different ages and cultures makes our residence an incredible cultural source, not forgetting all the comforts that we have prepared for you. So now, for all those reasons, we have you, we know that you’re going to take us into account, we love being near you and being able to accompany you in this stage that is so beautiful and important for you.
As we said to you at the beginning, we cannot help you decide which bachelor’s degree or master’s you should study, but we have indeed at least informed you what you could get from being with us and choosing us to be your second home. We know that there are thousands of university degrees Barcelona, like we also know that there are thousands of places and students residences, but we trust in our way of doing things and we know what we have. So it only remains for us to say to you that it is you who must step up to the plate and begin to decide what you most want for your future, since afterwards you’re going to remember it with great love, and you will be able to confirm that they were your best years.
Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy The Lofttown experience 100%. Although we know that studying away and being far from home can be scary, we are here so that in these years you feel that your home is not so far away, but you practically live in it (yes, we also know the typical expression “there is no place like home”).
Now we’re going to leave you to read the post again and think what you want. You must have a clear head and choose responsibly because you’re going to carve out your future. We are passionate about looking after you and making your stay more comfortable, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt that we haven’t been able to answer in this post, or if you want to know more about us.
Lights, The Lofftown and action! Live, study and enjoy Barcelona.
You may also be interested in:
Jan 30 2019
Keep learning while you disconnect. How? Discover with us the best series to learn English.
We’ll warn you now so that you won’t have any surprises. Yes, we are a student residence, but so that you can see that we are distinct and offer things that you had never thought about, we are going to offer you some of the best series to learn English and which, in addition, you going to be able to see in our polyvalent room, my friend. No, you are not dreaming, no; we are real. We are The Lofttown.
We won’t fool ourselves, we have all been students, us first, and for that reason we know what you’re like and how we can help. When you hear that university is the best period in your life, believe us, it is. That’s why we know that it’s not 100% studying, but you also need moments for yourselves to disconnect and to have a little peace in your mind. But so that you can also see that we are concerned about your learning and your personal growth, we are going to suggest how you can have this moment of relaxation but without giving up learning for a moment. Could this be possible? Do Netflix or HBO ring a bell? We have no doubt that you know them. How would it seem to you if we tell you that this is the tool that you need? Sure, you are now beginning to think that we are a distinct student residence. Guys, Netflix has opened many doors and the door of knowledge and learning is one of those.
TO BEGIN WITH VOCABULARY
So we are going to give you a list of the best series to learn English and which, of course, you will be able to enjoy in our installations with your new friends lofttowners:
- Friends: we couldn’t start our list in any other way. It is the American series par excellence. You know it, right? Of course you do. Well now it is we who tell you that you can keep watching it and it is a perfect series to improve your English level; as much for the vocabulary as for the theme it is ideal to learn the language. And we get a few laughs on the way.
- How I met your mother: if we had to begin our list with Friends, we have to continue with another series. Another American series par excellence. We can even dare to tell you that you won’t need the subtitles to follow the plot, since the simple and daily language turn it into one of the best series to learn English. Learn and laugh at the same time! (We are undeniable fans of Barney).
- Modern family: for sure many of you were already missing it from the list. Another of the American series par excellence and one of the most followed. And you will learn English as well as having a good time. What more could you ask for?
We have already warned you, take it easy, you haven’t jumped a page, we continue being your student residence in Barcelona although we are talking about series, and for that reason what is important for us and what we value is that our students feel the total freedom to do what they like in our installations.
Thelofttowner, don’t be bashful, we know the boom that series have had among you recently, and the great blessing your premium subscription to Netflix or HBO has proved to be.
LET’S MOVE ON TO IMPORTANT MATTERS
If you are already at an advanced level or if you have already seen these series, we suggest other series to learn English so that you can give your level an upgrade.
- Downton Abbey: for those of you who think you already have an intermediate level, this series will put you to the test. It is one of the best series to learn English, pure British, since the accents of the actors are the best. And in addition, you going to be able to learn both the old language of high society as well as that of popular society. Do you dare? You will be a complete Gentleman.
- Sherlock: another indispensable series which has to appear no matter what on your list of “recommended for you”, and cannot be any less. The main actors have an excellent British accent, as well as a very complete vocabulary. And you’re going to get all this while you enjoy how the mysteries and adventures are being resolved.
- Peaky Blinders: we recommend it to you emphatically. You’re going to listen to so many British and Irish accents, and this together with mainly informal language is going to put you to the test. Do you accept the challenge?
- House of cards: this is about polite and political vocabulary;) if you are a lover of politics, without doubt this is your series.
- Black Mirror: AMEN GUYS, the revolution of revolutions has arrived and if we are in love with the series, the movie has now arrived, a complete revolution in the cinematographic field and the experience and interaction of the user, but that’s another topic. When the publicity of the 80s and a good narrative come together, jewels like this arise, you can’t leave it pending to see, we won’t forgive you for that.
- Prison Break: don’t go! Here you have your favorite series. The characters have a good accent and the dialogues are short, which will help you to understand better what is going on in the plot. Furthermore, you are going to learn specific vocabulary, and hey, you’re going to love it.
- Breaking Bad: right now you are thinking why we have left the best to the last. Maybe so that you stay with us a bit longer. The accent, the pronunciation and the way of speaking of the main actor are going to allow you to learn a lot of vocabulary and follow the thread of the plot with relative facility.
Perhaps you are reading the post and you think that we haven’t given even one you like and you don’t like any of the ones we have suggested (something that we don’t believe because there are a couple that are not so bad). But everything can be, since with the infinity of series that there is, it is difficult that everyone likes all of them. But we are not worried about that, since we are sure that you know other best series to learn English and you will understand that these are only some ideas that we are giving you.
Do you think it strange that a student residence talks to you about these things? We like to do the unusual because we know that we offer what you need. Without doubt it is the perfect place to take your studies to the maximum level, since we have totally custom-made study areas. But we also know that you won’t be studying 24 hours a day. Yes, sorry, we know it. And it’s for that reason we are giving you some ideas about what you can do in those moments that you are not studying (which for sure are few) to allow you to relax and go forward.
We also know that you are now thinking that this is what the others say, and it is what we have to say so that you come with us. Well you are very wrong my friends, we love you with all our heart.
Why turn your university stay into a routine? Don’t limit yourself to spending the best time of your life in simple student accommodation.Take advantage of it!
You may also be interested in:
Dec 20 2018
To all you vegan guys, we tell you that there are vegan restaurants in Barcelona full of deli food that are waiting for you with open arms.
We present the vegan restaurants Barcelona that your carnivorous friends will want to sink their teeth into ;). It’s always the same, you go out with your friends (the great majority of whom eat meat) and you always have to ask for something “special”; for them to take the chicken off the yakisoba and substitute it for you with onion, you don’t want them to give you barbecue sauce, you want them to take away the egg and give you avocado… And everyone looks at you this way, thinking “this is vegan with its modifications”. It is time for you to stand firm and say no, that you too want to eat calmly without modifications of the menu; so, our object of today is to present a long list of vegan restaurants and vegan hamburgers Barcelona which you won’t have to convince your friends about, as they will want to have seconds without thinking twice. It sounds good, right? Let’s get to it!
RESERVE YOUR NEXT TABLE IN THESE VEGAN RESTAURANTS BARCELONA
All and each of them promise a faithful relation with healthy food, without animals and a strong commitment for the environment, which makes them some restaurants worthy to admire.
- Vegetalia: a mix between the vegetarian and Italian, so the name already gives us some clues. We’re talking about a restaurant of Italian cuisine with vegetarian and vegan cuisine. They love people and for €20 you will be able to taste abundant dishes of authentic healthy food, you will find it in the Gothic quarter. BIENVENUTTI
- Sopa Barcelona: another vegan restaurant that is defined by its name, in all and each one of eight set menus there appears a plate of soup cooked over a slow fire and with totally healthy ingredients. Healthy? Wasn’t it vegan? I see that you are attentive my dear Watson, well yes, we’re talking about a “healthy food” restaurant which gets a bit absent-minded; well that’s how they define themselves, healthy food, but all the dishes prepared are so they are totally vegan, an experience facing the sea that you cannot miss. We tell you that your friends are going to lose their keenness to order a plate of calamari or fried baby cuttlefish.
- Vegetart: for lovers of the orthodox, there is your fetish place, a place in which yes, the potato tortilla was your favourite dish and you can continue enjoying it, and with chorizo. Maybe this seems a bad joke but it’s nothing of the kind. Made with two types of flour and with a bonus of seitan chorizo, this tortilla won the prize in the best vegan magazine, in the magazine Anima Naturalis, so to lovers of tortillas and orthodox, we say to you that your RESTAURANT, in capital letters, has arrived in the city. And furthermore at midday you will be able to enjoy an excellent set menu to take away, which costs no more than four Euros, seems unreal, right? Well it is as real as us calling ourselves TheLofttown.
- Veganoteca: we present to you something a little different, concerning a store of 100% vegan, vegetarian, organic and fair trade products; the store of 1000 wonders, wow! Apart from all this, it is also the perfect shop for all of those who have some type of intolerance, whether to egg, or to lactose, or simply for those people who want to look after themselves with a diet low in fat. It is ideal for you and you know it.
Now that we have shared with you some of the secrets of the most valued vegan restaurants, we want to remind you that we, as one of the university residences Barcelona most committed to the environment and sustainable, maintain a firm commitment to the organic label, everything which helps our students and furthermore does not harm the environment is welcomed by us and we have to explain a secret to you.
Since the first pillars were established in TheLofttown we can assure that we build our bases with totally organic elements, respecting the environment, we decorate our student residence so that it is modern but with a touch more, we fill it with green, plants which give life, organic in the dining room, games and study rooms completely climate controlled, we use cleaning products totally respectful of the environment and, you know something else? The curtains that you have in your bedroom renew the air, yes, that’s right, we’re talking about an advanced German technology that is already being used in hospitals around the world; as ever we want to go one step further and offer you only the best, we wanted you to have these curtains so that the air in your bedroom is renewed every day even though the window is closed. It’s something that turns out to be very comfortable during the winter since the window is usually opened less and the need for fresh air is indisputable. Another of our great advantages is the extreme security of the student residence, since only authorised students can enter the bedrooms area using their fingerprint, and this way we assure you of the maximum security in each and every of the bedrooms, it only remains for you to enjoy to the max your stay, which we know for sure you will.
Another of the great things that we do and makes us feel proud is our organic buffet, we have a wide variety of local produce which day by day offer the most delicious dishes. One of our great attractions, and which our students love, is our thematic dinners and meals and, the thing is, maybe we decide that it is Mexico day and our entire buffet offers Mexican food, or we can do an oriental dinner or a barbecue …. You will be discovering all of this during the length of your stay; we don’t want to reveal any more (neither do we want to tell you that we already have available VR glasses for Play Station).
What do you think about everything we have told you? We are more than sure that your stay in TheLofttown is going to be one (to not say the best) experience that you are going to live during your university time, as much if you are going to study a degree like a master’s we tell you that your place of residence is to be found in TheLofttown, and we are waiting for you with open arms.
Come in to be part of the best community! We are waiting for you, thelofttownerJ