Apr 23 2019
New to the city?
You still donâ€™t know how to get around Barcelona? Donâ€™t worry; weâ€™ll explain it to you. Weâ€™ll tell you how to arrive at an address by Barcelona public transport and how to use public transport in Barcelona.
Barcelona is a relatively small city, and the advantage that the residents have of the student housing in Barcelona, The Lofttown, is that it is to be found in a very good neighbourhood of the city, central and perfect to have access to all types of public transport.
Learning how to get around Barcelona will allow you to find the restaurants you are looking for to eat in Barcelona, watch your favourite series on the long train journey that will await you according to your destination or find your student housing and easily place it on the map.
Being a growing city and in a process of ecologic innovation which will be carried out in 2020, and will mean an increase of green areas and public transport, there are more and moreÂ options to get about which do not harm or pollute the planet.
Following, we will explain to you the options that you have to get around Barcelona:
- Metro: currently Barcelona has eight metrolines which can be identified by the number colour of the line: L1 (red), L2 (purple), L3 (green), L4 (yellow), L5 (blue), L6 (violet), L7 (brown), L8 (pink), L9N y L9S (orange), L10N y L10S (light blue), L11 (light green), and which cover the majority of the city and its surroundings.
- FGC (Ferrocarrils Generalitat de Catalunya): There is also an urban and metropolitan network of trains managed by the Generalitat of Catalunya (FGC), which complements the mentioned Metro network in Barcelona. There are 4 urban lines: L6, L7, L8 and L12. Apart from those which go to different parts of CataluÃ±a: S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9.
- TRAM (tranvÃa): The tram has been running in Barcelona since 2004. This means of public transport, complementary to the metro, is an accessible, ecologic, fast and comfortable system. The tram is made up of two networks â€”Trambaix y TrambesÃ²sâ€”, 6 lines, a total of 29.2 km of track and 56 stops. The Trambaix network is made up of lines T1, T2 y T3, which have a common section of 6 km and pass through the municipalities of Barcelona, Lâ€™Hospitalet de Llobregat, Esplugues de Llobregat, CornellÃ de Llobregat, Sant Joan DespÃ, Sant Just Desvern y Sant Feliu de Llobregat. The network has a length of 15.1 km, and 29 stops. The lines T4, T5 and T6 make up the TrambesÃ²s network. The T4 and the T6 connect Barcelona with Sant AdriÃ de BesÃ²s, and the T5 joins Barcelona with Badalona. The length of this network is 14.1 km and has 27 stops.
- Train (RENFE): If you want to arrive at a town outside Barcelona, check to see if there is a train station nearby. The CercanÃas de RENFEnetwork will easily bring you near to the city centre. And, in the same way as with the tram, there are different options and lines.
- Bus:Barcelona has a fleet of more than 1.000 buses, which cover more than 80 lines to arrive at any area of the city. The buses are low-floor, and adapted for people of reduced mobility.
Do you want to go out to party and come back by public transport?
Barcelona has a service of night buses called Nit Bus,Â which cover a great part of the city and the surroundings.
- Going by bike or using Bicing: Barcelona has bike lanes, where you can go on your own bike, or hire it from one of the rental shops that you will find in the centre. The city is full of open spaces and parks. These conditions, and the mild climate, invite the use of a bike as alternative transport.
There is a public bike rental service which is called Bicing, mainly intended for residents, given that a yearly fee is paid.
- TAXI service:Barcelona has a service of more than 11,000 taxis, easily identifiable by their yellow and black colours. The taxis that are free have a green light, you only have to hail them and they will stop if they see your hand raised. There is also a service of polyvalent taxis to transport people with reduced mobility.
- Own or rented car: during your stay in Barcelona/CataluÃ±a you could consider buying a car or renting. Although it is a comfortable option if you have to often go to the city surroundings, we donâ€™t recommend it; in Barcelona there is a lot of traffic and it is difficult to park, apart from the pollution which a car generates.
- Motorcycle: you will be able to see millions of motorcyclists in Barcelona, as it is easier to get about with them than by car, and they are much more economical. Nevertheless, we recommend that you look at options like Bicing or electric scooters, transport that although it may be private transport does not pollute.
You will be asking yourself: how much will all this cost me? What are the prices of the different options? How do I buy train tickets and what is the best fare for me?
To know the prices that each one of the options has, you can check on the webpage of each of them. Search in Google, for example: Metro Barcelona. There, it specifies what price you have to pay. If you havenâ€™t looked on the webpage before, donâ€™t worry, there are station personnel who will help you, and machines where you can buy tickets in the same place as you take the public transport that you choose.
With relation to the fares offered, as students we recommend to you that you see if there are discounts, because there are offers which will fit your requirement with a reduced price.
How to choose which public transport is best for me?
It will depend on which place in Barcelona that you have to go to, or on your preferences.
- If you like to see the urban landscape and get to know the city without going under it, then choose to go by Bus, Tram, Bicing or private transport.
- If the traffic and the number of people that are in the street are overwhelming, the Metro is a good option to get around without inconvenience; also they are very frequent and it is easy to identify the stops by their names, which specifically describe the street or place that you are looking for.
- If you have to go far from Barcelona, take RENFE or your own or hired car, as you like.
There are many options and it will be easy for you to find what best suits your needs.
In The Lofttown we believe in the need to preserve the environment and leave the smallest environmental footprint possible. For this reason we recommend that you choose the least polluting means of transport, or do exercise and go on foot.
If you have any doubt whatsoever, we are at reception: weâ€™ll help you.
Feb 25 2019
Do you want to know what is hidden behind university degrees Barcelona? Without a doubt this is your post, because youâ€™re going to discover that all that glitters is not gold and weâ€™re going to tell you things that no one has told you and youâ€™re going to be delighted to find out.
The moment has arrived. We are not children any more. We have finished high school and we have chosen to study university degrees Barcelona. Everything seems so difficult. I donâ€™t know what to choose. I donâ€™t know where to go. I donâ€™t know what I like. I donâ€™t know if I will study abroad. Take it easy, in this post were going to make sure youâ€™re not overwhelmed by all of this. We canâ€™t help you to decide what degree you should study. But yes we can inform you about what we know, so that at least you have one thing less to think about. And the thing is that there are student residences so that you can live your university time in all its splendour. Although it can be a bit scary at first, living in Barcelona with your companions, friends and doing what you yourself have chosen to do is something that you have to experience. Studying with support groups, enjoying the leisure of the city, getting fit in the gyms, going shopping in malls and going on excursions. All of this is possible in our residence, made for you.
And if you decide for one of the university degrees Barcelona or to study master in Barcelona, there is something that we must tell you, and for this you have to keep reading the post so that you have very clear where you should stay, so that you can enjoy the experience.
What are we referring to?
- Â Your university years are yours:Â what do we want to say by that? You are no longer at the age of obligatory education so you are carrying on studying because itâ€™s what you want to do. You choose what to study because you like it, and you are motivated because you are aware that you are already beginning to build your own future. Furthermore, youâ€™ll begin to feel that famous expression of â€œpersonal growthâ€, since you will be away from the family atmosphere and it will be your first step in that. So decide and go for it, it is the moment when you begin to pack your bags to leave the nest.
- Your residence companions will be friends for life:Â although it sounds like a clichÃ© and you believe that they wonâ€™t go beyond simple companions, time will prove us right. Social and even amorous relationships which are going to be created in these years are going to be very special for you. Who knows if the love of your life is near; so you have to live, feel and enjoy. Think that youâ€™ll spend a lot of time in the residence. At the meals, in the corridors, in moments of study, at partiesâ€¦ With the activities inside The Lofttown you will be able to enjoy everything. Leisure, excursions walks, gastronomy, shopping â€¦ You know that you can visit the farms where we get the food that we serve in our buffet? Well imagine the amount of relationships and friends you will be able to make with all the infinity of things that we are offering you.
- Nights behind the scenes: it is sure that in other places they donâ€™t tell you, but we are distinct and we are more than a simple student residence. Although we know that you are doing a university degrees Barcelona, we also know that it wonâ€™t be all study. There will be moments for everything and, of course, there will be nights of fun. Watch out, but you must know that there are not only these moments; we must also remind you that there are moments to study and relax. But when the moment arrives to go out with your friends, you should know that Barcelona offers thousands of possibilities. Movies, theatre, dinners, drinksâ€¦ Escape from the pressure of university degrees in Barcelona and turn on the fun mode.
We could carry on explaining to you all of the advantages of studying away from home, doing it in Barcelona, and doing it in The Lofttown. The problem then would be that we would need 10 more posts so we could tell you everything that we can offer, but as we canâ€™t do this, for the moment what we can say is that we assure you of what you always longed for, learning new things. What do we want to say? In the same way as we said to you before that your companions will end up being your friends, now we say to you in our residence you will keep learning. How? We are also an Erasmus student residence Barcelona, so youâ€™ll be able to meet new people but moreover from other different countries, which means that they bring a different culture with them. Youâ€™ll be able to live together with them because they will be part of the lofttowner community; we give it to you on a plate so that you know new people and, on top of that, learn new things.
Â Now that weâ€™ve got all the future university students hooked, maybe those who have already been through that, and are thinking of continuing studying, believe we are not for them. In this case we must tell you that for you future students of master Barcelona we have room too. We canâ€™t say anything else because we are more than a simple place to sleep, and we have room for all of you. The Lofttown is an experience, a lifestyle that you will only be able to live with us. The mix of different ages and cultures makes our residence an incredible cultural source, not forgetting all the comforts that we have prepared for you. So now, for all those reasons, we have you, we know that youâ€™re going to take us into account, we love being near you and being able to accompany you in this stage that is so beautiful and important for you.
As we said to you at the beginning, we cannot help you decide which bachelorâ€™s degree or masterâ€™s you should study, but we have indeed at least informed you what you could get from being with us and choosing us to be your second home. We know that there are thousands of university degrees Barcelona, like we also know that there are thousands of places and students residences, but we trust in our way of doing things and we know what we have. So it only remains for us to say to you that it is you who must step up to the plate and begin to decide what you most want for your future, since afterwards youâ€™re going to remember it with great love, and you will be able to confirm that they were your best years.
Donâ€™t miss the opportunity to enjoy The Lofttown experience 100%. Although we know that studying away and being far from home can be scary, we are here so that in these years you feel that your home is not so far away, but you practically live in it (yes, we also know the typical expression â€œthere is no place like homeâ€).
Now weâ€™re going to leave you to read the post again and think what you want. You must have a clear head and choose responsibly because youâ€™re going to carve out your future. We are passionate about looking after you and making your stay more comfortable, so donâ€™t hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt that we havenâ€™t been able to answer in this post, or if you want to know more about us.
Lights, The Lofftown and action! Live, study and enjoy Barcelona.
You may also be interested in:
Jan 30 2019
Keep learning while you disconnect. How? Discover with us the best series to learn English.
Weâ€™ll warn you now so that you wonâ€™t have any surprises. Yes, we are a student residence, but so that you can see that we are distinct and offer things that you had never thought about, we are going to offer you some of the best series to learn English and which, in addition, you going to be able to see in our polyvalent room, my friend. No, you are not dreaming, no; we are real. We are The Lofttown.
We wonâ€™t fool ourselves, we have all been students, us first, and for that reason we know what youâ€™re like and how we can help. When you hear that university is the best period in your life, believe us, it is. Thatâ€™s why we know that itâ€™s not 100% studying, but you also need moments for yourselves to disconnect and to have a little peace in your mind. But so that you can also see that we are concerned about your learning and your personal growth, we are going to suggest how you can have this moment of relaxation but without giving up learning for a moment. Could this be possible? Do Netflix or HBO ring a bell? We have no doubt that you know them. How would it seem to you if we tell you that this is the tool that you need? Sure, you are now beginning to think that we are a distinct student residence. Guys, Netflix has opened many doors and the door of knowledge and learning is one of those.
TO BEGIN WITH VOCABULARY
So we are going to give you a list of the best series to learn English and which, of course, you will be able to enjoy in our installations with your new friends lofttowners:
- Friends: we couldnâ€™t start our list in any other way. It is the American series par excellence. You know it, right? Of course you do. Well now it is we who tell you that you can keep watching it and it is a perfect series to improve your English level; as much for the vocabulary as for the theme it is ideal to learn the language. And we get a few laughs on the way.
- How I met your mother: if we had to begin our list with Friends, we have to continue with another series. Another American series par excellence. We can even dare to tell you that you wonâ€™t need the subtitles to follow the plot, since the simple and daily language turn it into one of the best series to learn English. Learn and laugh at the same time! (We are undeniable fans of Barney).
- Modern family: for sure many of you were already missing it from the list. Another of the American series par excellence and one of the most followed. And you will learn English as well as having a good time. What more could you ask for?
We have already warned you, take it easy, you havenâ€™t jumped a page, we continue being your student residence in Barcelona although we are talking about series, and for that reason what is important for us and what we value is that our students feel the total freedom to do what they like in our installations.
Thelofttowner, donâ€™t be bashful, we know the boom that series have had among you recently, and the great blessing your premium subscription to Netflix or HBO has proved to be.
LETâ€™S MOVE ON TO IMPORTANT MATTERS
If you are already at an advanced level or if you have already seen these series, we suggest other series to learn English so that you can give your level an upgrade.
- Downton Abbey: for those of you who think you already have an intermediate level, this series will put you to the test. It is one of the best series to learn English, pure British, since the accents of the actors are the best. And in addition, you going to be able to learn both the old language of high society as well as that of popular society. Do you dare? You will be a complete Gentleman.
- Sherlock: another indispensable series which has to appear no matter what on your list of â€œrecommended for youâ€, and cannot be any less. The main actors have an excellent British accent, as well as a very complete vocabulary. And youâ€™re going to get all this while you enjoy how the mysteries and adventures are being resolved.
- Peaky Blinders: we recommend it to you emphatically. Youâ€™re going to listen to so many British and Irish accents, and this together with mainly informal language is going to put you to the test. Do you accept the challenge?
- House of cards: this is about polite and political vocabulary;) if you are a lover of politics, without doubt this is your series.
- Black Mirror: AMEN GUYS, the revolution of revolutions has arrived and if we are in love with the series, the movie has now arrived, a complete revolution in the cinematographic field and the experience and interaction of the user, but thatâ€™s another topic. When the publicity of the 80s and a good narrative come together, jewels like this arise, you canâ€™t leave it pending to see, we wonâ€™t forgive you for that.
- Prison Break: donâ€™t go! Here you have your favorite series. The characters have a good accent and the dialogues are short, which will help you to understand better what is going on in the plot. Furthermore, you are going to learn specific vocabulary, and hey, youâ€™re going to love it.
- Breaking Bad: right now you are thinking why we have left the best to the last. Maybe so that you stay with us a bit longer. The accent, the pronunciation and the way of speaking of the main actor are going to allow you to learn a lot of vocabulary and follow the thread of the plot with relative facility.
Perhaps you are reading the post and you think that we havenâ€™t given even one you like and you donâ€™t like any of the ones we have suggested (something that we donâ€™t believe because there are a couple that are not so bad). But everything can be, since with the infinity of series that there is, it is difficult that everyone likes all of them. But we are not worried about that, since we are sure that you know other best series to learn English and you will understand that these are only some ideas that we are giving you.
Do you think it strange that a student residence talks to you about these things? We like to do the unusual because we know that we offer what you need. Without doubt it is the perfect place to take your studies to the maximum level, since we have totally custom-made study areas. But we also know that you wonâ€™t be studying 24 hours a day. Yes, sorry, we know it. And itâ€™s for that reason we are giving you some ideas about what you can do in those moments that you are not studying (which for sure are few) to allow you to relax and go forward.
We also know that you are now thinking that this is what the others say, and it is what we have to say so that you come with us. Well you are very wrong my friends, we love you with all our heart.
Why turn your university stay into a routine? Donâ€™t limit yourself to spending the best time of your life in simple student accommodation.Take advantage of it!
You may also be interested in:
Dec 20 2018
To all you vegan guys, we tell you that there are vegan restaurants in Barcelona full of deli food that are waiting for you with open arms.
We present the vegan restaurants Barcelona that your carnivorous friends will want to sink their teeth into ;). Itâ€™s always the same, you go out with your friends (the great majority of whom eat meat) and you always have to ask for something â€œspecialâ€; for them to take the chicken off the yakisoba and substitute it for you with onion, you donâ€™t want them to give you barbecue sauce, you want them to take away the egg and give you avocadoâ€¦ And everyone looks at you this way, thinking â€œthis is vegan with its modificationsâ€. It is time for you to stand firm and say no, that you too want to eat calmly without modifications of the menu; so, our object of today is to present a long list of vegan restaurants and vegan hamburgers Barcelona which you wonâ€™t have to convince your friends about, as they will want to have seconds without thinking twice. It sounds good, right? Letâ€™s get to it!
RESERVE YOUR NEXT TABLE IN THESE VEGAN RESTAURANTS BARCELONA
All and each of them promise a faithful relation with healthy food, without animals and a strong commitment for the environment, which makes them some restaurants worthy to admire.
- Vegetalia: a mix between the vegetarian and Italian, so the name already gives us some clues. Weâ€™re talking about a restaurant of Italian cuisine with vegetarian and vegan cuisine. They love people and for â‚¬20 you will be able to taste abundant dishes of authentic healthy food, you will find it in the Gothic quarter. BIENVENUTTI
- Sopa Barcelona: another vegan restaurant that is defined by its name, in all and each one of eight set menus there appears a plate of soup cooked over a slow fire and with totally healthy ingredients. Healthy? Wasnâ€™t it vegan? I see that you are attentive my dear Watson, well yes, weâ€™re talking about a â€œhealthy foodâ€ restaurant which gets a bit absent-minded; well thatâ€™s how they define themselves, healthy food, but all the dishes prepared are so they are totally vegan, an experience facing the sea that you cannot miss. We tell you that your friends are going to lose their keenness to order a plate of calamari or fried baby cuttlefish.
- Vegetart: for lovers of the orthodox, there is your fetish place, a place in which yes, the potato tortilla was your favourite dish and you can continue enjoying it, and with chorizo. Maybe this seems a bad joke but itâ€™s nothing of the kind. Made with two types of flour and with a bonus of seitan chorizo, this tortilla won the prize in the best vegan magazine, in the magazine Anima Naturalis, so to lovers of tortillas and orthodox, we say to you that your RESTAURANT, in capital letters, has arrived in the city. And furthermore at midday you will be able to enjoy an excellent set menu to take away, which costs no more than four Euros, seems unreal, right? Well it is as real as us calling ourselves TheLofttown.
- Veganoteca: we present to you something a little different, concerning a store of 100% vegan, vegetarian, organic and fair trade products; the store of 1000 wonders, wow! Apart from all this, it is also the perfect shop for all of those who have some type of intolerance, whether to egg, or to lactose, or simply for those people who want to look after themselves with a diet low in fat. It is ideal for you and you know it.
Now that we have shared with you some of the secrets of the most valued vegan restaurants, we want to remind you that we, as one of the university residences Barcelona most committed to the environment and sustainable, maintain a firm commitment to the organic label, everything which helps our students and furthermore does not harm the environment is welcomed by us and we have to explain a secret to you.
Since the first pillars were established in TheLofttown we can assure that we build our bases with totally organic elements, respecting the environment, we decorate our student residence so that it is modern but with a touch more, we fill it with green, plants which give life, organic in the dining room, games and study rooms completely climate controlled, we use cleaning products totally respectful of the environment and, you know something else? The curtains that you have in your bedroom renew the air, yes, thatâ€™s right, weâ€™re talking about an advanced German technology that is already being used in hospitals around the world; as ever we want to go one step further and offer you only the best, we wanted you to have these curtains so that the air in your bedroom is renewed every day even though the window is closed. Itâ€™s something that turns out to be very comfortable during the winter since the window is usually opened less and the need for fresh air is indisputable. Another of our great advantages is the extreme security of the student residence, since only authorised students can enter the bedrooms area using their fingerprint, and this way we assure you of the maximum security in each and every of the bedrooms, it only remains for you to enjoy to the max your stay, which we know for sure you will.
Another of the great things that we do and makes us feel proud is our organic buffet, we have a wide variety of local produce which day by day offer the most delicious dishes. One of our great attractions, and which our students love, is our thematic dinners and meals and, the thing is, maybe we decide that it is Mexico day and our entire buffet offers Mexican food, or we can do an oriental dinner or a barbecue â€¦. You will be discovering all of this during the length of your stay; we donâ€™t want to reveal any more (neither do we want to tell you that we already have available VR glasses for Play Station).
What do you think about everything we have told you? We are more than sure that your stay in TheLofttown is going to be one (to not say the best) experience that you are going to live during your university time, as much if you are going to study a degree like a masterâ€™s we tell you that your place of residence is to be found in TheLofttown, and we are waiting for you with open arms.
Come in to be part of the best community! We are waiting for you, thelofttownerJ
Nov 24 2018
All those who have been through university have experienced the dreaded first day at university. I remember it as if it were today itself, I arrived a bunch of nerves at a faculty where I did not know anyone and in a city that wasn’t mine… but that is another issue, we are not about talking about my war stories but to give the best advice to you about my experience on the first day at university. Surely you find yourself at a point that could be summarized thus: you have already enrolled and you have had to choose groups of subjects that you want to take part in, you had to choose between being an A1, A2, A3… And obviously here you had your first insecurity: how do I choose to go to one group or another without knowing anyone? Then you choose the group for the hours that suit you, and like this you create your academic schedule. Well, once you have passed this stage (and they taken a beautiful photo for your student card) the first day arrives.
LET’S GO STEP BY STEP: THE BEFORE
Step-by-step, seeking balance and letting myself go… like this is how you have to overcome the first day at university with these tips for university.
Before see you the faces, search Facebook, surely there is a group created with all your future classmates, make the first friendships, give your phone number, create a class group and everything starts there. It is also very useful, you can already see that this group will be the main source of information among you (long before the uni mail) if the teacher is missing in class, if you have a test and you want to revise, if you are going out partying and putting up photos, if you organize the mid-course trip. And the best thing is that you’ll always have it with you.
THE FIRST TRIP
Thanks to this Facebook group you will be able know if there is anyone who lives near you and has to use the same transportation (train, subway, car…) it is the perfect opportunity to meet with them and make your first group, true friendships will come later.
ONCE ARRIVED: THE DURING
The first day of class always tends to be the one that you all are concentrated on: you listen to the professor and (oh miracle) you donâ€™t miss a class, which translates into a mass of 100 students moving throughout the campus. Remember this image well; you will probably never again see so many of your classmates together. Why? We don’t want to upset you but it is during this period when students realize whether this degree is for them or not, so that of the 100 of you that begin, between 50 and 60 will graduate. But that does not mean that youâ€™re going to be one of them. What do you have to do during these classes? Be very attentive to the teacher, he or she will surely explain their working method, how to hand in papers and tests that you will do, as well as the equivalent % within their subject. BE ATTENTIVE! We don’t want anyone to go to second-chance or, worse, fail the subject because there are no second-chance exams.
MORE TIPS FOR UNIVERSITY: THE AFTER
Go out of the university and arrange to meet with your classmates, go to have a drink at the campus bar and make friendships, you’ll see that little by little everything flows and hey, maybe without realizing you’ve directed yourself to the same class group with whom you have become as thick as thieves, it is fate.
THE ETERNAL QUESTION: HOW SHALL I DRESS?
First impressions count so what clothes you wear on the first day will say much about you; we advise you not to go in disguise, you don’t have to go dressed-up only because it is the first day. Be yourself, university is an important step, it is like starting from 0 at a new venue that is no longer the high school, with some new friends, and even (if you’re like me, big time) may have to live in this new city and that is scary. Here we go to TheLofttown as we know first-hand how you feel if you have to go to live in another city, we look after you in the best way and you can see it, all our residents are delighted with us, we are very nice people. We know what you need and give it to you at all times. We continue with our tips as we still have the most important left:
We don’t want to see you shy, open yourself to others as you are, think that they do not know you at all and you do not have the familiarity that you are accustomed to have with your friends so patience, we promise that soon they will become the most indispensable part of the degree. Another of the tips that we give is that you join in, to all practical extent, all parties, dinners, lunches, birthday parties that are organised; these are those dinners where you’ll start to get familiarity with others and from where the best stories will come out that you will keep commenting on throughout the degree. Although we will miss you very much in our student residence Barcelona, we know that it is something that you need; so here goes another of the tips for university which will be useful for you, and this is said by someone saying it already happened to, and now (with some more years) remembers the first day at university as a precious memory full of dreams.
Starting university is something precious, so take a breath, relax and enjoy the day-to-day the maximum, later we want you to tell us everything.
Another little thing, living with friends is something that helps a lot when it comes to classes, organising the work, breaks… If you know of someone in your degree who needs to live in Barcelona we can help you, remember we have double rooms, you could live with him/her!, Think about it, the best way to get to know your classmates is to spend 24 hours together, believe me.
What you think of our blog? We believed it necessary to share with you these tips to overcome the dreaded first day at university, and to make you see that it is nothing like what you imagine. Take it easy guys, we will help you in everything that is in our hands and we are never going to turn our back on you; and it is for this reason that we want to ask you something: what do of you want us to talk about? We give you carte blanche to comment on the blog the issues you want us to deal with, youâ€™re the boss.
Oct 30 2018
There is only one hall of residence Barcelona which will give everything you want and more, do you have a slight idea of which it could be? If the word TheLofttown has resounded in your mind, you are right: we are the residence that gives you everything, and about this you’re probably thinking: what do you mean by everything? Well, we are talking about: we give you a complete service, rooms with all comforts, some of them have kitchen, terrace, some are individual, you access them with your fingerprint, and we have a gym, solarium, terrace, a restaurant with an ample and delicious buffet full of surprises. We usually do theme days; this week we have had dinner with an Arabic theme, and everyone loved it. We have multipurpose rooms, study rooms, games rooms and even movies and playstation so you can relax in moments of complete disconnection. We celebrate the Secret Santa and organize trips and excursions for each and every one of you. Are you still asking yourself what we want to say by we offer you everything?
We have one more thing to say you (in fact two): do you think that you are ready to become part of our family and therefore stay in the hall of residence Barcelona? Well first of all we want to see if you’re ready to live this adventure so we suggest you do our test:
WILL YOU BE A FUTURE THELOFTTOWNER?
Win the medal to see if you’re ready to be part of our great family.
AT THE PROSPECT OF MEETING NEW PEOPLE, HOW DO YOU FEEL?
- Â a)Â Â I love to meet new people and learn from them!
- b) I feel embarrassed, why deny it, but once I get confident no one can get me to shut up.
- c) The truth, it makes me nervous to meet new people; I prefer to do my own thing without having to wait for anyone.
WOULD YOU TRAVEL TO ANOTHER COUNTRY TO DO AN ERASMUS?
- a) I already have the tickets!
- b) It is something I have thought about, but first I have to see it very clearly and see that my subjects will be validated; where will I be able to stay…?
- c) No, I like to travel but an Erasmus is not something I have in mind, I prefer to finish my degree and then see the world.
HOW DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS?
- a) Studying, travelling, meeting new people… really I see myself as I am now but 10 years older.
- b) With my studies finished, perhaps with a family or living the life that I’ve always wanted to.
- c) The truth is I donâ€™t have anything clear, I do not know if I will continue studying or if I will be working.
DO I SEE MYSELF LIVING INDEPENDENTLY?
- a) In fact I think that I’m more away from home than in my own home, so yes, I can live independently easily.
- b) I’ve been living away from home for a few years and yes, I’ve survived.
- c) Â I have thought about it but I do not see that this is the ideal time to begin to do so
WE KNOW THE RESULTS
Mostly a: you are an adventurous person, you have travel and seeing the world in your veins. Aware of the world and the people it holds, we say to you that you already have one foot in TheLofttown. We are waiting for you!
Mostly b: you are passionate to know the world; curious to live away from home, yet you have not dared to definitively take the step because you feel that your home will always be your home even if you are a person of the world. For this reason we want to know you, you’re ready for your next experience in Barcelona, in the best hall of residence Barcelona, we are waiting for you; we assure you that it will be one of the best experiences (if not the best) that you will have during your small trips.
Mostly c: You are what is considered a comfortable person; you are not considering the possibility of an Erasmus. It doesnâ€™t matter; maybe later you will think about the option of doing a masterâ€™s abroad and then we will be in your mind. You have not taken the step yet but you’re going to do it, and so when you do we will be waiting for you. So yes, even though you’ve answered mostly c, TheLofttown is your student residence.
Are you are still wondering why TheLofttown will be your best experience? We will tell you the second reason that we announced at the beginning: THE FRIENDS IN THE RESIDENCE.
And we will tell you the reason why your mates in the residence will be your best friends for life:
YOU ARE GOING TO SHARE UNFORGETTABLE MOMENTS
From the first day that you meet at university you are going to be inseparable, if in addition your friends in the residence are studying the same degree as you or are going to the same class… that is on another level, your friendship will be long-lasting.
EACH ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO HAVE A ROLE
Inside the residence there is: the tidy one, the untidy one, the one who always makes their bed, the one who always has a messy closet, the one at the gym, the one who always goes back for seconds in the buffet… We all know one of them so leave us the names of all of them in the comments; we want to give them a face.
THEIR PROBLEMS ARE YOUR PROBLEMS
It sounds very romantic but thatâ€™s how it is, the love that is created among you is something that we canâ€™t fully understand either; you take care of each other, you spoil each other, go out to drink together in the evening, you eat together, you go to the gym together… The chemistry that is created by all of you is something from another world that only the people who form part of it can understand. Do you want to discover it yourself? You only have to come and visit our residence one day; we guarantee that you will notice the good vibrations just by entering the door.
THEY WILL BE THE WITNESSES TO YOUR CRAZIEST DECISIONS
What will be the main topic of conversation whenever you all get together again? That wild night you spent drinking, that wrong number that you called thinking that it was the guy who you like, or that message that you sent accidentally to the wrong person. Those moments when you got into a difficult situation and things could have gone badly are those that are later going to be remembered for posterity. Create them in our studentsâ€™ hall of residence! We already have some that we can tell you.
SMILE WHEN SOME SPECIAL MOMENT PASSES THROUGH YOUR MIND
That happens to us all, but here it is very usual, your residence mates are going to become the most special thing that you are going to have here inside; so each and every of the moments that you remember with them will bring on a giggle. And this is what we want to take home when it is sadly the time to say goodbye.
Convinced? I think that we can say nothing more about us, you will have to discover it yourself, we have told you what we are like and what you’ll find once you enter to become part of our family. Shall we put one more chair at the table?
Sep 21 2018
Are you looking for rooms for rent for university district Barcelona? Read this post. It will help you.
Whether you’re already a thelofttowners from head to toe, or if you just now joined the family, everything we talk about today rooms for rent for university district Barcelona will interest you (a lot, a lot, a lot). Word of honour. For our veterans this is not coming as something new, but what we are going to say in this post will interest you guys, so you need to stay to read as if it were a kind of compulsory attendance class at uni. For the new guys… (how many new things this year, right?) we say to you that you are going to discover a world that you do not know.
First question: Are you going to study a master’s degree, your bachelorâ€™s degree in Barcelona, are you coming on an Erasmus…? And, are you are looking for rooms for rent for university district Barcelona to stay? Before choosing your accommodation, get informed of all the options offered by the city. What you should keep in mind: you are well located, that it is a safe place and have assistance if you need it; and no less important, that you enjoy the experience to the max. Because the accommodation is one of the factors that most influences when it comes to making your stay here be wonderful or turn it into a nightmare.
Among all the options, choosing to live in a student residence may be most suitable. Why?
- It helps you in your personal growth
- A single monthly expense includes everything
- Maximum safety, comfort and freedom
- You engage with other students like yourself, with the same interests
How good all of this sounds. Hey veterans that got this far, everything we you say is true, right? Be careful what you reply or today you will go without dinner ha ha. (Just kidding, wink wink)
Second question: Will I have advantages when choosing this student residence Barcelona? Discover the advantages when you choose to live in the student residence THE LOFTTOWN. Advantages you say? You are going to live like a total king (or better), absolutely everything we do within TheLofttown is designed for you and your well-being, so be attentive to some advances in our advantages; we don’t want to tell you everything so you have some surprises when you arrive, which we assure you that you will have, but yes we want to prepare you a little bit.
- A NEW CONCEPT OF STUDENT RESIDENCES, unique and pioneering in Barcelona.
- A NEW BUILDING. You going to brand new facilities and it is also a biosustainable building, we care about the environment and all our philosophy is governed by this pillar.
- ORGANIC BUFFET AND LOCAL PRODUCE. All the food from our kitchen is quality and natural.
- A PRIVILEGED LOCATION. In the GrÃ cia district of Barcelona, one of the best locations. Close to everything: universities, restaurants, shops, gardens… and with all public transport next to you.
Third question: Veteran guys, this is for you, we want to expand the family but we are not forgetting our beloved veterans, there you go: how will I feel in TheLofttown?
A big family: together we form the big family that we are, and this you will see reflected from the first day. Laughter in the halls, leisure rooms, meetings of friends in the dining room, unexpected after-dinner conversations, and long, endless evenings on the terrace, training together in the gym, holiday surprises, unexpected friendships, your other half found, leisure in the university rooms… all this and much more is what you live day to day in our residence and we are very happy, because it is thanks to you, veterans, we have this spectacular environment in the corridors. Thank you for being as you are, and thank you for making TheLofttown the place that is.
Sep 13 2018
Hello! Are you looking for an Erasmus student residence Barcelona for this next year? Hey, then you’ve arrived at the right place, maybe it was fate. Do you believe in fate? What we believe is that if you have a good time reading this post, imagine how you’re going to spend your time if you decide that we are your Erasmus student residence Barcelona. We wonâ€™t make you wait any more; for sure you have entered here to know the things that you have to take into account when choosing a student residence to study. It is very important and you should not choose the first one you see, because your academic day to day will develop accompanied by the atmosphere of the Erasmus student residence Barcelona. Do you remember when you had to choose your degree? In this case, no way will test you so that you can gain entrance, the only thing we will do, will be to give you some (good) reasons so that we may be your next best friends and even family. What do you think? We wonâ€™t make you wait any more, discover it yourself 😉 on with the post!
Grab pen and paper, or print this sheet (what you prefer) and make notes of what an ErasmusÂ accommodation Barcelona must have.Â Letâ€™s make a checklist, it will be fun.
- Cuisine: it is said that a person falls in love because of the food, well we are telling you now that we are going to be your Romeo and you our Juliet (or vice versa); our residents enjoy Mediterranean cuisine of local organic produce. In fact we organize excursions to farms where we buy the raw ingredients. At certain indicated times of the year we do special welcome or farewell dinners, last year we did a barbecue to bid farewell to all our residents until next year. And to get away a little from the routine, we do themed dinners; for example we have a Mexican dinner, a Japanese dinner, Spanish… and at Christmas… we do the Secret Santa! The food becomes something special for a family, it is the moment that we all get together to explain how our day went or our concerns about exams. Like the big family that we believe ourselves to be, as you can expect, dinners or lunches are always one of the most important moments of our day to day and, do you know what? We want you to become part of them.
- Rooms: for a long period of time they will be your refuge so what you have to take account about them is: ventilation, natural light, location, mattresses (very important for relaxation) and, well, then there is the decoration but it now depends most on you. Would you like us to tell you a secret? We have rooms with kitchen and terrace; it is like the dressing room that every woman wants to have but a little better since they come to be the little flat everyone dreams about but without giving up friends, because you have them in the same room or in the room next door. Living with friends in the best way possible! And also you don’t have to worry about anything, our room service will take care to clean it and give you clean sheets each week.
- Outdoor areas:Â very, very important so you can get away a bit from your studies and enjoy your free time with other residents, we guarantee that you will end up as a family because we have seen it before.
What else can we tell you? Nor do we want to reveal all our secrets to you until you come and try our VR glasses 😉
Come and be part of the best community of students in Barcelona .
Aug 27 2018
What is NEAT, some of you may ask? Well, NEAT is Not-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, known to many of you as “I’ve thinned out without doing any sport”, understanding sport as a physical activity that is sustained over time, (how professional that sounds). Letâ€™s get to the point: so, we know NEAT as those activities within our routine that make us lose weight. And today we are going to see what can help us activate NEAT. Why? Because we care about your health.
WE GET OUT OF THE ARMCHAIR, CHAIR OR BED
So, all the activities that we do, like, for example, climbing stairs, washing the car, taking the dog for a walk, are activities that activate NEAT; but this does not end here, we have more things to say.
Physical inactivity is one of the leading causes of heart problems, diabetes, hypertension, obesity and cancer. Having said that, we are going to see how we can improve these parameters.
- Walking 10,000 steps a day: experts have shown that walking between 8,000 and 10,000 steps is healthy, because that person is considered as moderately active; obviously the more you walk, so much the better. So, all of you download an application that has your daily steps and the recommended physical activity. And if what you want is to do sport… we have a gym and a solarium more than prepared to accompany your training routine.
- At the office: for all our thelofttowners who are working in an office this summer, we recommend that you get up once each hour, so not only will you be activating NEAT but you can rest your vision and improve circulation in your legs.
- Use the stairs: instead of the elevator; even if you believe that it is nonsense, we assure you that those steps you take to walk up the stairs will do you a lot of good during all your routine.
Have you got it all down? Believe us, that as student housing we are always looking for the best for you. It is for that reason that we investigate trends to always bring you the latest. Letâ€™s all activate NEAT!
Aug 20 2018
We cannot say no when it comes to erasmus trips, seeing the world as we learn things from it and we train ourselves as future professionals; it is a concern that many of us have and we want to dive into the deep end to see the world. Well done! If not now, never. So for all those who still have doubts what to do, which erasmus trips may interest you most, or in which cities you want to live during your formative years… we leave a small compilation of best sellers of cities for your educational trips. Letâ€™s get to it!
THE CORNERS OF THE WORLD THAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW
- Miami: it is impossible that the word beach doesnâ€™t come to mind hearing Miami, and who has not dreamed of going there? Few cities in the world can compete with Miami when it comes to summer: the combination of beach, long days and crazy parties create the perfect cocktail to make it one of the favourite destination places for Erasmus trips. Right?
- Paris: the city of love, and where you can get lost among the big streets and tall buildings that make you feel in some way very small; it is a good time for fans of The Da Vinci Code, for example, to go to visit the Louvre Museum, climb the Eiffel Tower, go on a boat trip along the Seine and start to practice French; because another language on your record is never a bad thing.
- Barcelona: as if we were going to forget our beloved city! Last month we talked about the reason to come for Erasmus trips Barcelona, it will be a pleasant experience for you all, so we wonâ€™t go on any more; we just want to remind you that we are the student residence in Barcelona with the best community, and we await you with open arms.
Youâ€™re thinking about it twice, right? Don’t think any more and enjoy your Erasmus trips today.