Aug 15 2018
Golden bodies in the sun and the best Barcelona beaches in front of you; there is nothing better than enjoying this August lying in the sun, but wait, do you actually know all the Barcelona beaches where you can go? And you do not know it, but there are hidden corners in Barcelona which are waiting for your visit. You only have to read our blog post to find out what will be your next stop. Let’s get to it!
OUR SELECTION OF BARCELONA BEACHES
- Barceloneta: the best known of all, and the beach of la Barceloneta is an undisputed symbol of Barcelona; on this beach, starting with a refreshing swim, you can use the services it offers, such as: sports areas, rental of beach umbrellas, beach library, bike rental, lockers and showers and public toilets.
- Mar Bella: one of the most significant bays of Barceloneta, a quiet, family , place, and perfect to have a good time with all the thelofttowners. Now we ask you, please be very careful with the sun, your health is at stake and the sun’s damage is not repairable. What will you find on this beach? Refreshment stands and ice creams on sale, sports areas and lockers.
- Somorrostro: our last beach in this selection, which has a story to tell, was baptized with this name to pay homage to the shanty neighbourhood of Somorrostro , which after one hundred years of life, was knocked down in 1966 for the visit of Franco to Barcelona. The name of the beach and its history are what make this neighborhood an everlasting memory.
Which beach would you prefer? Sincerely, as we are in love with Barcelona we love each and every one of its beaches, and above all the beach bars that are close by. Would you like to sign up to eat a paella with us? There is no better way to enjoy the August.
Jul 11 2018
Gastro sites become fashionable; where to eat in Barcelona:
Do you really know where to eat in Barcelona? We will tell you something, you can’t say you know Barcelona like the palm of your hand if you haven’t been to eat at one of these places we are going to tell you about next, they are the places where to eat in Barcelona that you should already know. Is that so? We found them
Barcelona shows its most gastro and healthy side
Do you think that we had forgotten the healthy part? No guys, your health is paramount to us. On with healthy options!
- MarketCuina Fresca: as you might expect, we start the selection with a healthy, and at the same time organic, option: fresh-daily market produce to eat in Barcelona, an experience beyond limits. The menu is composed of 80% vegetables and 20% meat, and it goes without saying that the menu products are fresh every day.
- Idil·lic: it could not be more idyllic, it is a gastro space offering only organic products and most importantly: no sugar. The sugar in our body becomes like a silent health villain: a sweet temptation we must not fall into. If you want to know all about the sweets of idil·lic, you have it easy, go spend the afternoon with friends enjoying the delicious experience of its secret cakes. Say no more!
- Woki Organic Market: an incredible gastro experience with an unbeatable atmosphere, as if it were a real market. This option located in Barcelona raises the bar of where to eat in Barcelona to another level. We cannot tell you more; you have to try it with your own palate.
Hasn’t it made it your mouth water? Go and try them, and then tell us 😉
Sep 22 2017
One of our biggest concerns is eating habits for students, we know that at study time the brain and energy have to be 100% so you can perform with all your ability; and eating habits are a fundamental pillar, so our buffet offers everything you need: fruits, cereals, vegetables, everything indispensable so that your diet is balanced and healthy. What should you do as a good thelofttowner? Follow our advice:
- Have breakfast every day: breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that will give you energy to face classes, homework and activities outside the university. During breakfast you break your overnight fast, which is very important to reduce fatigue, stress and feelings of hunger.
- Add fruits to your diet: in our buffet you can find, at any time of the day, fresh organic locally-produced fruit . The fresh fruit will allow easier digestion.
- Keep yourself hydrated: preferably with water or juices; cold teas are good choices but they contain too many processed sugars. The best thing to do is to squeeze a few oranges early in the morning to prepare a natural juice full of vitamins, or drink water regularly: eating habits for students in on-mode!
- Avoid fast food: they are types of food that can save you time and money, but are in no way healthy eating habits for students. In TheLofttown, you can choose the option of full board so that you don’t ever have to worry about meals, we will offer you the best for you, take care of you, like at home. Do you remember?
We are aware of the importance of good eating habits for students, as your parents would be. Trust us and enjoy our buffet and enjoy our Mediterranean cuisine daily
Apr 21 2017
If I had to choose to rent a room in Barcelona for students or a residence, I would no doubt choose…
The residence! It is clear, I have already mentioned all its advantages in previous posts, but we have not given all the emphasis we would like to one of the factors that matter most to us. Although you may not believe it, food is closely related to all aspects of your life. And we are not only talking about your health, but we are also talking about your studies, your physique and your standard of living. When you choose to rent a room in Barcelona for students you yourself regulate your diet, and that is not very good sometimes, since due to tiredness we tend to end up resorting to fast food, cheap restaurants, and packaged foods. In a university residence, on the other hand, we make sure that you have first class food, and at the right time.
We constantly hear: “you are what you eat”. Well, stop hating this saying because it is completely true. When we make a bad decision, like deciding to sink our teeth into ‘fast food’ rather than a dish prepared with care from an ecological kitchen, our brain is changed and becomes less able to control its impulsive behaviour. It may seem utopian but regulating your diet during your years of studies can be crucial. In addition, there are foods that help to boost your concentration. We showed them to you in one of our previous posts.
A good diet lets you handle problems better, find an easier way for everything. A University of Pittsburgh study concludes that obesity affects cognitive function, so that an individual who suffers from it will require a greater effort in terms of complex decision-making. So you know, if you want your studies and your body to be in harmony choose our cuisine in The Lofttown and enjoy an unforgettable experience. Have a good week!