Feb 25 2019
Do you want to know what is hidden behind university degrees Barcelona? Without a doubt this is your post, because you’re going to discover that all that glitters is not gold and we’re going to tell you things that no one has told you and you’re going to be delighted to find out.
The moment has arrived. We are not children any more. We have finished high school and we have chosen to study university degrees Barcelona. Everything seems so difficult. I don’t know what to choose. I don’t know where to go. I don’t know what I like. I don’t know if I will study abroad. Take it easy, in this post were going to make sure you’re not overwhelmed by all of this. We can’t help you to decide what degree you should study. But yes we can inform you about what we know, so that at least you have one thing less to think about. And the thing is that there are student residences so that you can live your university time in all its splendour. Although it can be a bit scary at first, living in Barcelona with your companions, friends and doing what you yourself have chosen to do is something that you have to experience. Studying with support groups, enjoying the leisure of the city, getting fit in the gyms, going shopping in malls and going on excursions. All of this is possible in our residence, made for you.
And if you decide for one of the university degrees Barcelona or to study master in Barcelona, there is something that we must tell you, and for this you have to keep reading the post so that you have very clear where you should stay, so that you can enjoy the experience.
What are we referring to?
- Your university years are yours: what do we want to say by that? You are no longer at the age of obligatory education so you are carrying on studying because it’s what you want to do. You choose what to study because you like it, and you are motivated because you are aware that you are already beginning to build your own future. Furthermore, you’ll begin to feel that famous expression of “personal growth”, since you will be away from the family atmosphere and it will be your first step in that. So decide and go for it, it is the moment when you begin to pack your bags to leave the nest.
- Your residence companions will be friends for life: although it sounds like a cliché and you believe that they won’t go beyond simple companions, time will prove us right. Social and even amorous relationships which are going to be created in these years are going to be very special for you. Who knows if the love of your life is near; so you have to live, feel and enjoy. Think that you’ll spend a lot of time in the residence. At the meals, in the corridors, in moments of study, at parties… With the activities inside The Lofttown you will be able to enjoy everything. Leisure, excursions walks, gastronomy, shopping … You know that you can visit the farms where we get the food that we serve in our buffet? Well imagine the amount of relationships and friends you will be able to make with all the infinity of things that we are offering you.
- Nights behind the scenes: it is sure that in other places they don’t tell you, but we are distinct and we are more than a simple student residence. Although we know that you are doing a university degrees Barcelona, we also know that it won’t be all study. There will be moments for everything and, of course, there will be nights of fun. Watch out, but you must know that there are not only these moments; we must also remind you that there are moments to study and relax. But when the moment arrives to go out with your friends, you should know that Barcelona offers thousands of possibilities. Movies, theatre, dinners, drinks… Escape from the pressure of university degrees in Barcelona and turn on the fun mode.
We could carry on explaining to you all of the advantages of studying away from home, doing it in Barcelona, and doing it in The Lofttown. The problem then would be that we would need 10 more posts so we could tell you everything that we can offer, but as we can’t do this, for the moment what we can say is that we assure you of what you always longed for, learning new things. What do we want to say? In the same way as we said to you before that your companions will end up being your friends, now we say to you in our residence you will keep learning. How? We are also an Erasmus student residence Barcelona, so you’ll be able to meet new people but moreover from other different countries, which means that they bring a different culture with them. You’ll be able to live together with them because they will be part of the lofttowner community; we give it to you on a plate so that you know new people and, on top of that, learn new things.
Now that we’ve got all the future university students hooked, maybe those who have already been through that, and are thinking of continuing studying, believe we are not for them. In this case we must tell you that for you future students of master Barcelona we have room too. We can’t say anything else because we are more than a simple place to sleep, and we have room for all of you. The Lofttown is an experience, a lifestyle that you will only be able to live with us. The mix of different ages and cultures makes our residence an incredible cultural source, not forgetting all the comforts that we have prepared for you. So now, for all those reasons, we have you, we know that you’re going to take us into account, we love being near you and being able to accompany you in this stage that is so beautiful and important for you.
As we said to you at the beginning, we cannot help you decide which bachelor’s degree or master’s you should study, but we have indeed at least informed you what you could get from being with us and choosing us to be your second home. We know that there are thousands of university degrees Barcelona, like we also know that there are thousands of places and students residences, but we trust in our way of doing things and we know what we have. So it only remains for us to say to you that it is you who must step up to the plate and begin to decide what you most want for your future, since afterwards you’re going to remember it with great love, and you will be able to confirm that they were your best years.
Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy The Lofttown experience 100%. Although we know that studying away and being far from home can be scary, we are here so that in these years you feel that your home is not so far away, but you practically live in it (yes, we also know the typical expression “there is no place like home”).
Now we’re going to leave you to read the post again and think what you want. You must have a clear head and choose responsibly because you’re going to carve out your future. We are passionate about looking after you and making your stay more comfortable, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt that we haven’t been able to answer in this post, or if you want to know more about us.
Lights, The Lofftown and action! Live, study and enjoy Barcelona.
You may also be interested in:
Jan 30 2019
Keep learning while you disconnect. How? Discover with us the best series to learn English.
We’ll warn you now so that you won’t have any surprises. Yes, we are a student residence, but so that you can see that we are distinct and offer things that you had never thought about, we are going to offer you some of the best series to learn English and which, in addition, you going to be able to see in our polyvalent room, my friend. No, you are not dreaming, no; we are real. We are The Lofttown.
We won’t fool ourselves, we have all been students, us first, and for that reason we know what you’re like and how we can help. When you hear that university is the best period in your life, believe us, it is. That’s why we know that it’s not 100% studying, but you also need moments for yourselves to disconnect and to have a little peace in your mind. But so that you can also see that we are concerned about your learning and your personal growth, we are going to suggest how you can have this moment of relaxation but without giving up learning for a moment. Could this be possible? Do Netflix or HBO ring a bell? We have no doubt that you know them. How would it seem to you if we tell you that this is the tool that you need? Sure, you are now beginning to think that we are a distinct student residence. Guys, Netflix has opened many doors and the door of knowledge and learning is one of those.
TO BEGIN WITH VOCABULARY
So we are going to give you a list of the best series to learn English and which, of course, you will be able to enjoy in our installations with your new friends lofttowners:
- Friends: we couldn’t start our list in any other way. It is the American series par excellence. You know it, right? Of course you do. Well now it is we who tell you that you can keep watching it and it is a perfect series to improve your English level; as much for the vocabulary as for the theme it is ideal to learn the language. And we get a few laughs on the way.
- How I met your mother: if we had to begin our list with Friends, we have to continue with another series. Another American series par excellence. We can even dare to tell you that you won’t need the subtitles to follow the plot, since the simple and daily language turn it into one of the best series to learn English. Learn and laugh at the same time! (We are undeniable fans of Barney).
- Modern family: for sure many of you were already missing it from the list. Another of the American series par excellence and one of the most followed. And you will learn English as well as having a good time. What more could you ask for?
We have already warned you, take it easy, you haven’t jumped a page, we continue being your student residence in Barcelona although we are talking about series, and for that reason what is important for us and what we value is that our students feel the total freedom to do what they like in our installations.
Thelofttowner, don’t be bashful, we know the boom that series have had among you recently, and the great blessing your premium subscription to Netflix or HBO has proved to be.
LET’S MOVE ON TO IMPORTANT MATTERS
If you are already at an advanced level or if you have already seen these series, we suggest other series to learn English so that you can give your level an upgrade.
- Downton Abbey: for those of you who think you already have an intermediate level, this series will put you to the test. It is one of the best series to learn English, pure British, since the accents of the actors are the best. And in addition, you going to be able to learn both the old language of high society as well as that of popular society. Do you dare? You will be a complete Gentleman.
- Sherlock: another indispensable series which has to appear no matter what on your list of “recommended for you”, and cannot be any less. The main actors have an excellent British accent, as well as a very complete vocabulary. And you’re going to get all this while you enjoy how the mysteries and adventures are being resolved.
- Peaky Blinders: we recommend it to you emphatically. You’re going to listen to so many British and Irish accents, and this together with mainly informal language is going to put you to the test. Do you accept the challenge?
- House of cards: this is about polite and political vocabulary;) if you are a lover of politics, without doubt this is your series.
- Black Mirror: AMEN GUYS, the revolution of revolutions has arrived and if we are in love with the series, the movie has now arrived, a complete revolution in the cinematographic field and the experience and interaction of the user, but that’s another topic. When the publicity of the 80s and a good narrative come together, jewels like this arise, you can’t leave it pending to see, we won’t forgive you for that.
- Prison Break: don’t go! Here you have your favorite series. The characters have a good accent and the dialogues are short, which will help you to understand better what is going on in the plot. Furthermore, you are going to learn specific vocabulary, and hey, you’re going to love it.
- Breaking Bad: right now you are thinking why we have left the best to the last. Maybe so that you stay with us a bit longer. The accent, the pronunciation and the way of speaking of the main actor are going to allow you to learn a lot of vocabulary and follow the thread of the plot with relative facility.
Perhaps you are reading the post and you think that we haven’t given even one you like and you don’t like any of the ones we have suggested (something that we don’t believe because there are a couple that are not so bad). But everything can be, since with the infinity of series that there is, it is difficult that everyone likes all of them. But we are not worried about that, since we are sure that you know other best series to learn English and you will understand that these are only some ideas that we are giving you.
Do you think it strange that a student residence talks to you about these things? We like to do the unusual because we know that we offer what you need. Without doubt it is the perfect place to take your studies to the maximum level, since we have totally custom-made study areas. But we also know that you won’t be studying 24 hours a day. Yes, sorry, we know it. And it’s for that reason we are giving you some ideas about what you can do in those moments that you are not studying (which for sure are few) to allow you to relax and go forward.
We also know that you are now thinking that this is what the others say, and it is what we have to say so that you come with us. Well you are very wrong my friends, we love you with all our heart.
Why turn your university stay into a routine? Don’t limit yourself to spending the best time of your life in simple student accommodation.Take advantage of it!
You may also be interested in:
Dec 20 2018
To all you vegan guys, we tell you that there are vegan restaurants in Barcelona full of deli food that are waiting for you with open arms.
We present the vegan restaurants Barcelona that your carnivorous friends will want to sink their teeth into ;). It’s always the same, you go out with your friends (the great majority of whom eat meat) and you always have to ask for something “special”; for them to take the chicken off the yakisoba and substitute it for you with onion, you don’t want them to give you barbecue sauce, you want them to take away the egg and give you avocado… And everyone looks at you this way, thinking “this is vegan with its modifications”. It is time for you to stand firm and say no, that you too want to eat calmly without modifications of the menu; so, our object of today is to present a long list of vegan restaurants and vegan hamburgers Barcelona which you won’t have to convince your friends about, as they will want to have seconds without thinking twice. It sounds good, right? Let’s get to it!
RESERVE YOUR NEXT TABLE IN THESE VEGAN RESTAURANTS BARCELONA
All and each of them promise a faithful relation with healthy food, without animals and a strong commitment for the environment, which makes them some restaurants worthy to admire.
- Vegetalia: a mix between the vegetarian and Italian, so the name already gives us some clues. We’re talking about a restaurant of Italian cuisine with vegetarian and vegan cuisine. They love people and for €20 you will be able to taste abundant dishes of authentic healthy food, you will find it in the Gothic quarter. BIENVENUTTI
- Sopa Barcelona: another vegan restaurant that is defined by its name, in all and each one of eight set menus there appears a plate of soup cooked over a slow fire and with totally healthy ingredients. Healthy? Wasn’t it vegan? I see that you are attentive my dear Watson, well yes, we’re talking about a “healthy food” restaurant which gets a bit absent-minded; well that’s how they define themselves, healthy food, but all the dishes prepared are so they are totally vegan, an experience facing the sea that you cannot miss. We tell you that your friends are going to lose their keenness to order a plate of calamari or fried baby cuttlefish.
- Vegetart: for lovers of the orthodox, there is your fetish place, a place in which yes, the potato tortilla was your favourite dish and you can continue enjoying it, and with chorizo. Maybe this seems a bad joke but it’s nothing of the kind. Made with two types of flour and with a bonus of seitan chorizo, this tortilla won the prize in the best vegan magazine, in the magazine Anima Naturalis, so to lovers of tortillas and orthodox, we say to you that your RESTAURANT, in capital letters, has arrived in the city. And furthermore at midday you will be able to enjoy an excellent set menu to take away, which costs no more than four Euros, seems unreal, right? Well it is as real as us calling ourselves TheLofttown.
- Veganoteca: we present to you something a little different, concerning a store of 100% vegan, vegetarian, organic and fair trade products; the store of 1000 wonders, wow! Apart from all this, it is also the perfect shop for all of those who have some type of intolerance, whether to egg, or to lactose, or simply for those people who want to look after themselves with a diet low in fat. It is ideal for you and you know it.
Now that we have shared with you some of the secrets of the most valued vegan restaurants, we want to remind you that we, as one of the university residences Barcelona most committed to the environment and sustainable, maintain a firm commitment to the organic label, everything which helps our students and furthermore does not harm the environment is welcomed by us and we have to explain a secret to you.
Since the first pillars were established in TheLofttown we can assure that we build our bases with totally organic elements, respecting the environment, we decorate our student residence so that it is modern but with a touch more, we fill it with green, plants which give life, organic in the dining room, games and study rooms completely climate controlled, we use cleaning products totally respectful of the environment and, you know something else? The curtains that you have in your bedroom renew the air, yes, that’s right, we’re talking about an advanced German technology that is already being used in hospitals around the world; as ever we want to go one step further and offer you only the best, we wanted you to have these curtains so that the air in your bedroom is renewed every day even though the window is closed. It’s something that turns out to be very comfortable during the winter since the window is usually opened less and the need for fresh air is indisputable. Another of our great advantages is the extreme security of the student residence, since only authorised students can enter the bedrooms area using their fingerprint, and this way we assure you of the maximum security in each and every of the bedrooms, it only remains for you to enjoy to the max your stay, which we know for sure you will.
Another of the great things that we do and makes us feel proud is our organic buffet, we have a wide variety of local produce which day by day offer the most delicious dishes. One of our great attractions, and which our students love, is our thematic dinners and meals and, the thing is, maybe we decide that it is Mexico day and our entire buffet offers Mexican food, or we can do an oriental dinner or a barbecue …. You will be discovering all of this during the length of your stay; we don’t want to reveal any more (neither do we want to tell you that we already have available VR glasses for Play Station).
What do you think about everything we have told you? We are more than sure that your stay in TheLofttown is going to be one (to not say the best) experience that you are going to live during your university time, as much if you are going to study a degree like a master’s we tell you that your place of residence is to be found in TheLofttown, and we are waiting for you with open arms.
Come in to be part of the best community! We are waiting for you, thelofttownerJ
Aug 27 2018
What is NEAT, some of you may ask? Well, NEAT is Not-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, known to many of you as “I’ve thinned out without doing any sport”, understanding sport as a physical activity that is sustained over time, (how professional that sounds). Let’s get to the point: so, we know NEAT as those activities within our routine that make us lose weight. And today we are going to see what can help us activate NEAT. Why? Because we care about your health.
WE GET OUT OF THE ARMCHAIR, CHAIR OR BED
So, all the activities that we do, like, for example, climbing stairs, washing the car, taking the dog for a walk, are activities that activate NEAT; but this does not end here, we have more things to say.
Physical inactivity is one of the leading causes of heart problems, diabetes, hypertension, obesity and cancer. Having said that, we are going to see how we can improve these parameters.
- Walking 10,000 steps a day: experts have shown that walking between 8,000 and 10,000 steps is healthy, because that person is considered as moderately active; obviously the more you walk, so much the better. So, all of you download an application that has your daily steps and the recommended physical activity. And if what you want is to do sport… we have a gym and a solarium more than prepared to accompany your training routine.
- At the office: for all our thelofttowners who are working in an office this summer, we recommend that you get up once each hour, so not only will you be activating NEAT but you can rest your vision and improve circulation in your legs.
- Use the stairs: instead of the elevator; even if you believe that it is nonsense, we assure you that those steps you take to walk up the stairs will do you a lot of good during all your routine.
Have you got it all down? Believe us, that as student housing we are always looking for the best for you. It is for that reason that we investigate trends to always bring you the latest. Let’s all activate NEAT!
Aug 10 2018
The bases of the Mediterranean diet to be an exemplary student
Do you really think that we were going to forget about the Mediterranean diet for you? None of that! Indeed, you students who have spent this first year with us have been able to discover that our buffet always has a wide variety of the bright colours of the healthy Mediterranean diet. This (obviously) brings some benefits to you that we are going to reveal
WE HAVE THE SECRET RECIPE FOR STUDENT SUCCESS
- Quality produce: the most basic; without quality produce there is no Mediterranean diet that is worth anything, and we refer to fresh meat, fresh fish, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, raw extra virgin olive oils, whole-grain cereals, daily-fresh dairy products… with all of this, we build the healthiest base for your food.
- Goodbye to ultra-processed food: fruit, vegetables, vitamins, healthy food and quality is what you will find in our kitchens. We attach great importance to the issue of food because without energy foods it is very difficult to start the day with energy.
- We go further: healthy eating goes far beyond taste; we refer to health, eliminating all those elements harmful to health, such as refined flour, and industrial bakery. We manage to greatly reduce the risk of suffering heart disease, obesity, diabetes… Being healthy is our main concern.
As you already know, thelofttowners, we say to you that we care for you as if you were at home, we care about your food and lifestyles; so that, apart from thinking about the buffet with the care that it deserves, we put at your disposal a fitness centre so that you are always fit. One more week, thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy your stay in our students’ residence! Have a good day.
Jul 26 2018
Do you really know the best Costa Brava towns ? Thelofttowners, today we will share with you one of those posts that you like so much, in which we give tips of the best places to enjoy your stay in Barcelona 24/7. Are you up for finding out which are the best Costa Brava towns? We assure you that will you love them.
THIS IS ABOUT TOWNS
- Pals: one of the Costa Brava towns with the most charm; so far it has kept its medieval essence, being a walled town. Travelling to Pals is like travelling in time, and it is for this reason that we share with you this beautiful town so you can enjoy it as it is.
- Calella de Palafrugell: better known as the town in which, every year, there takes place the Cap Roig Festival, where the likes of Elton John, Antonio Orozco, David Bisbal, Jason Derulo, among others, have left their mark. If what you want is to enjoy good music and dream beaches, you cannot let the opportunity pass by to visit this beautiful town on the Costa Brava.
- Figueres: birthplace of surrealist artist Salvador Dalí, known worldwide for his extravagant moustache and his iconic paintings, including one of the most famous: Melting Clocks. If you want to know what inspired this artist you have to visit this beautiful town on the Costa Brava, and if you feel passion for this famous painter and sculptor, you can visit the museum.
What do you think of our choice? We know that you’ve been waiting for us to share with you the best Costa Brava towns so… here you have them! It is time to take your towel, your sun cream and your friends, and go to enjoy the best summer of your life. We, as a Barcelona students’ residence, will be waiting for you to come back with open arms.
Jul 20 2018
Barcelona is one of the most popular Erasmus summer school destinations, and it is not for nothing: we are the city with more lifestyle, tourism, activities, leisure, culture, and good weather (we could be here for days like that) that you will find. For that reason and for everything else that you will discover in this post, we say to you that if you are checking out Barcelona to come for Erasmus summer school, you have to check out the ground where you might find yourself, and we tell it to you in our post 🙂
SET LIST OF THINGS TO DO IN BARCELONA
- Beaches: in August we will share with you a post about the best beaches in Barcelona, so we will not go into this subject too much, but I can say that in Barcelona there are coves and beautiful places where you can meet with your friends from the Erasmus summer school to enjoy the best paellas in Barcelona; if this topic interests you… stay tuned to the blog in August where we’ll talk about the best beaches in Barcelona.
- Entertainment: of course, the culture of Gaudí and modernism that characterize some of the highlights of Barcelona overrun the city most linked to Catalan culture; enjoy Erasmus Barcelona photographing the Sagrada Familia, taking a selfie in the Casa Batlló, walking in the corridors of la Pedrera, enjoying the shade of the trees of Parc Güell or going up to Montjuic, where the magic fountain waits to give you its water and light show.
- Activities: we are talking about skating with in-line skates along the promenade, renting bicycles to enjoy Barcelona on a ride, visiting the aquarium to learn about marine fauna, going to the Columbus statue to have a bird’s eye view of the city, visiting the only museum in the world where you can find all the celebs in wax and bone (we are talking about the Barcelona wax museum)… in every corner of Barcelona there are things to do, and this is what our Erasmus summer school students most like.
You can be one of them; are you up for it? We will waiting for you in our Students residence in Barcelona
Jul 04 2018
Well, thelofttowners, we are going to that subject which interests you, where to go out partying in Barcelona; we know that as students you have to enjoy your nightlife, and going out to dinner and for a drink is fine, but sometimes you want to dance a bit, right? So here we are to bring you the places where to go out partying in Barcelona and have a great time. Let’s do this!
WHAT THE NIGHT HAS IN STORE
- Barceloneta: it is a very good choice if you are looking for nightlife and going for a drink. In Barceloneta you will find famous restaurants by day, pubs by night with direct access to the beach. One of these most famous places is Opium: among other artists, it has been the place of performance for David Guetta. There are also other options such as Shoko, Soho, Pachá and Carpe Diem.
- Sala Razzmataz: the mythical concert hall of Barcelona, next to Glories, you can find this place offering live music from time to time… On this stage, artists as big as Niall Horan or Coldplay have performed… You cannot miss it.
- Sala Apolo: another mythic concert hall and disco that you have to know if you are looking for where to go out partying in Barcelona. You cannot miss the NastyMondays; I do not want to reveal anything, discover it yourself 😉
Well well, thelofttowners, it is time to make the most of your summer with us. That is why we always offer what you need at any time. It is time to have fun with your friends and live the nightlife of Barcelona. It is not too much to say: please be responsible at all times, your safety is paramount.