May 08 2018
Some of you may ask, what is a gap year? Very briefly, it would be the period before during or after university when you decide to go away for a time to work, do an internship, study a language… and we believe that it is one of the best experiences you can have during your university years; and we are going to give you 4 good reasons that will make you catch a plane tomorrow to take a gap year.
TELL ME MORE
- Improve your performance: and we put it as the first choice because it is believed that “taking a sabbatical” implies a disengagement and delay in studies, but it is not so: returning home after a gap year makes you more independent, more responsible and more eager to continue with your studies, so… think about it well 😉
- Improve your chances of incorporation to the workplace: putting on your CV that you’ve been a year abroad educating yourself, apart from the degree, is a specification that you cannot overlook, and for sure there are many companies that will be interested in your profile. So if you have the chance, don’t lose it.
- Improve your linguistic mastery: If you go to a country with a foreign language, one of the best achievements that you are going to take away will be a mastery of the language, the ease of being able to hold a conversation, and the amount of things that you will learn. This is not taught in a school 😉
- You will have a really good time: it will be the experience that everyone says changes you, and it will: you’ll be out of your home environment, meet new people, cultures, meals, parties, places, feelings… It cannot be measured with words; you have to experience it for yourself.
How do you see it? We, as a student residence, would like you to want to live this experience of the gap year with us; in Barcelona you will find many of the things you were looking for, and others that simply appear. Come, we are waiting 😉
Mar 20 2018
Known worldwide as the student diet, student meals are basically canned food, prefabricated dishes and leftovers from the previous day, right? Thelofttown revolutionizes the world of student meals and offers something that you’ll want (and a lot). Does it arouse your curiosity?
WE GET AWAY FROM FAST FOOD
Just don’t say that the food in a student apartment is blessed gold; each one has their space in the fridge and THEIR food, which is not shared with anyone; and that kind of food is not usually very healthy or varied: pasta, hamburgers, pizza, biscuits and chocolates is what we find in abundance. So, what student meals will you find in a student residence? Specifically in ours: Thelofttown, because we are going to see, right?
- A buffet: take all you want and repeat whenever you wish, our buffet offers fresh, healthy, varied local produce.
- For curious palates: we offer produce from other countries in the world so that you can try everything, also our menus will vary so you’ll not always eat the same thing, but you will eat in the same way: enjoyable and balanced (and delicious).
- A high-class restaurant: Thelofttown has a dining area to make you feel comfortable to enjoy your meal, so you can arrange right away with the other thelofttowners to enjoy our fresh diets, grilled dishes, without fats, home-made desserts… Our mouths are already watering.
Future thelofttowner who is reading us, we have something to tell you: we are your next adventure in Barcelona. As a student residence we want you to become part of our family so that we can take care of you in the most important academic years of your life. Shall we start?
Feb 20 2018
And that is clearly in TheLofttown! Do you know what we are talking to you about? We are not a residence, we are your residence. And we’re going to give four good reasons, which answer this question:
- Eco-consciousness: we are a new construction residence that has been built with the latest technological processes and with the least environmental impact, which makes us a fully biosustainable building, and our facilities are brand new.
- More than a residence: we create a lifestyle, our residents: the thelofttowners become a family passionate to learn, impatient for success, who live, who dream, who have high aspirations; and we have the great privilege of accompanying all and each of them on their way. We are here for you.
- A unique cuisine: under the famous Mediterranean diet we have taken our philosophy of commitment to the kitchen, so that each and every one of the foods that we serve at our buffet is 100% of organic origin, and everything that you do not eat will be sent to soup kitchens in our city.
- The facilities you need: always thinking about you and your needs, we have equipped our residence with everything you need, so you can enjoy a quiet afternoon playing or watching TV shows in our multipurpose room, studying with your group in our group rooms or relaxing quietly on our outdoor terrace. Do you like doing sport? Don’t worry: we have our own, private gym just for you 😉
What do you think: are we or are we not your residence? Where to live in Barcelona translates into two words: TheLofttown. Come see us and learn everything you want to know, also you can follow us on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Have a good day!
Jan 09 2018
For those who are in exam preparation for the change of semester… we tell you that this is your post. Preparing for an exam is not an easy thing, if you dedicate too much time you hate it, and if you dedicate too little you feel guilty; these are the ten stages of exam preparation that we have all gone through.
- THERE IS STILL A LONG TIME: you think that two weeks is a long time to study and you keep putting it to one side until the time comes.
- I SHOULD START: your friends begin to prepare for the exam and to talk about it.
- I WILL ONLY SEE ONE EPISODE OF NETFLIX TO CLEAR MY HEAD: then I’ll start studying.
- THE WEATHER’S TOO NICE TO STUDY: I’ll go out a while to take advantage of the sun.
- I SHOULD HAVE FOLLOWED THE SCHEDULE THAT I MADE: it is already getting late.
- HAVE YOU STARTED TO STUDY? A self motivating sentence for those friends that are doing worse than you.
- I’M GOING TO FAIL: the sentence with which you start to study, you have little time and much to revise.
- THEY ARE JUST EXAMS: you think you can narrowly pass with what you’ve studied.
- CAN I GET OUT OF THE CAVE AND GET MY SOCIAL LIFE BACK? You have been locked up in your room studying and your friends could have got married without you knowing it.
- FREEDOM: that’s it! You are completely free and your worries have gone until the next exams.
Who feels identified? Be encouraged in your studies, thelofttowners, we are here to help you in everything 😉 You have all the classrooms you need at your disposal: individual rooms, group rooms, work rooms… we want the best for you. Carry on like this and you will succeed.
Dec 12 2017
Objective: get the perfect suitcase for the Christmas holidays
Come the Christmas holidays, for us it is a precious time in which some of our residents travel to see their families and spend Christmas with them, and it is at this time when we are facing the dreaded “empty case”, and that translates into : unknowns and uncertainties, what to wear for New Year’s Eve? What gifts/souvenirs to take and where to put them? How many coats to take? And shoes? And thus to infinity and beyond. To achieve the perfect balance we are giving you some elements that you have to keep in mind when packing your suitcase. Let’s do this!
TIME. EVENTS. WARDROBE.
3 magic words that define what you must have in your suitcase:
- A couple of days’ break: also known as express breaks, they are those Christmas holidays that must be divided between seeing friends, family and being in the city where you study to enjoy the atmosphere that it has. If this is your plan, your suitcase must have: two looks, one for New Year’s Eve-Christmas or New Year’s Eve-New Year, and another for day to day to be comfortable. Ready!
- A weekend getaway: the known 4 vacation days compress into the trolley 3 looks: one more risky, another more relaxed and the last more versatile that you can easily complement with different accessories.
- Holidays from start to finish: known as the two weeks’ Christmas holidays and they are those that colleges and universities tend to have, so you’re in luck. For this occasion, you have to take the 4 basic essentials; and success!
Enjoy yourself with your family, thelofttowner, we are waiting for you here on your return. Happy holidays!
Jul 13 2017
The challenge was complicated, but not impossible; Barcelona is a city full of activities, museums, routes, attractions, amusement parks, but we’ve done it! We have brought together the best “must haves” for free time in Barcelona that one way or another you have to visit if you ever come to study your university degree here. Discover Barcelona step-by-step!
- Music runs through your veins: for lovers of music and concerts, Barcelona hosts from 5 to 14 July the V Festival dels Jardins de Pedralbes. The best music, an idyllic climate and select gastronomy is what makes this festival so special. An appointment that cannot be missing from your diary.
- Nights under the stars: for fans of the big screen you can enjoy from June 30 to August 4, the 15th edition of open air cinema on Montjuic, which returns with a program that promises a very pleasant meeting with picnics, outdoor concerts prior to the films, which this year are combined between classics and well known. We advance you that some of them are: La La Land, The Revenant, The Hateful Eight and The Next Skin… A complete entertainment event in Barcelona!
- Dizzying entertainment: in Halka, Grec 2017. Moroccan tradition together with aerobatic practice give a high voltage spectacle mixed with contemporary creation, music and humor. An event that you can’t let go by: from 12 to 13 July you have an appointment at the Teatre Grec in Barcelona.
There is an easy way to visit Barcelona and get to know free time in Barcelona; in The Lofftown we wanted to bring together, by categories, some of the most important events so that your stay in Barcelona is not just that, but you live it, you feel it. We want you to enjoy Barcelona.