Jul 11 2018
Gastro sites become fashionable; where to eat in Barcelona:
Do you really know where to eat in Barcelona? We will tell you something, you can’t say you know Barcelona like the palm of your hand if you haven’t been to eat at one of these places we are going to tell you about next, they are the places where to eat in Barcelona that you should already know. Is that so? We found them
Barcelona shows its most gastro and healthy side
Do you think that we had forgotten the healthy part? No guys, your health is paramount to us. On with healthy options!
- MarketCuina Fresca: as you might expect, we start the selection with a healthy, and at the same time organic, option: fresh-daily market produce to eat in Barcelona, an experience beyond limits. The menu is composed of 80% vegetables and 20% meat, and it goes without saying that the menu products are fresh every day.
- Idil·lic: it could not be more idyllic, it is a gastro space offering only organic products and most importantly: no sugar. The sugar in our body becomes like a silent health villain: a sweet temptation we must not fall into. If you want to know all about the sweets of idil·lic, you have it easy, go spend the afternoon with friends enjoying the delicious experience of its secret cakes. Say no more!
- Woki Organic Market: an incredible gastro experience with an unbeatable atmosphere, as if it were a real market. This option located in Barcelona raises the bar of where to eat in Barcelona to another level. We cannot tell you more; you have to try it with your own palate.
Hasn’t it made it your mouth water? Go and try them, and then tell us 😉
Jun 27 2018
Hello! Are you looking for an Erasmus accommodation Barcelona, for the next academic year? Well, you’ve come to the right place, maybe it was fate, do you believe in fate? What we believe is that if you have a good time reading this post, imagine how it’s going to be if you decide that we are your Erasmus student residence Barcelona. We are not going to make you wait any longer because for sure you have come here to know the things that you have to take into account at the moment of choosing a student residence to study in. So, on with the post!
Grab pen and paper, or print this sheet (what you prefer) and make notes of what an Erasmus accommodation must have.
- Cuisine: it is said that a person falls in love because of the food, well we already say that we are going to be your Romeo; our residents enjoy local produce and organic Mediterranean cuisine. In fact, we organise trips to farms where we buy the raw ingredients.
- Rooms: for a long period of time they will be your refuge so what you have to take into account about them is: ventilation, natural light, location, good mattresses (very important for relaxation); then there is the decoration, but it already depends most on you. Would you like us to tell you a secret? We have rooms with kitchen and terrace; it is like the dressing room that every woman wants to have but a little better.
- Outdoor areas: very, very important so you can get away a bit from your studies and enjoy your free time with other residents, we guarantee that you will end up as a family because we have seen it before.
What else can we tell you? Nor do we want to reveal all our secrets to you until you come and try our VR glasses 😉
Come and be part of the best community of students in Barcelona.
Jun 22 2018
Survival manual on what to take to a university hall of residence.
What to take to a university hall of residence: one of the most important times is beginning for you, both personally and professionally, an era full of experiences, knowledge and new sensations. How we can help you start this experience on a good footing? Well, packing our bags together and sharing with you everything that you wouldn’t have got round to thinking of.
THE MUST HAVES
- Take some earphones: you will have checked your earphones, and sure you will take them with you, but it is not too much to take another set; you know, headphones tend to be objects that get lost easily, forgotten and break easily; and in a situation where you need to listen to music, no matter what, that extra set is going to be very useful.
- Sewing Kit: maybe you have started to laugh, but a sewing kit is really useful: a sewing needle, black thread, and some replacement buttons will save your life in some situations.
- Clothes pins: very, very convenient; if you wash your clothes by hand you have to hang them to dry. So save yourself the embarrassment of going out to buy simple clothes pins.
- Something from home: we all know what it feels like the first time you leave home (for a long period); at the beginning it is really exciting to start in a new place with new people, but it is when some months begin to pass that you feel disoriented and your room doesn’t feel like it is yours. So that your roots go with you from the beginning to the end of your trip, we recommend that you take something from home to make your room more comfortable for you.
Welcome home thelofttowner
Jun 14 2018
Are you new in town?
Sometimes living abroad becomes overwhelming, especially the first months: the culture shock, a new town that you don’t know, maybe a language that you don’t master. These are facts that make you feel out of place a little. So that does not happen, we share with you the essential keys you have to strictly follow so that you can enjoy your experience from day one.
EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO DO
- Friends: we need to be in company, to have someone to talk to and strike up a friendship with, so your first mission will be to make friends. Furthermore it is one of the fastest ways to adapt to the new city, so who better than someone local to teach you the city?
- Lose yourself: Yes, lose yourself in the city, explore, question, discover… There is nothing better than discovering new and charming places in the city that will be your home during your exchange, so don’t wait any more and get out there. For sure, you will go with a map or GPS activated, you will not really be lost and not know how to get back again.
- Watch out for the money: especially if you go to a city where there is a different currency. Please note that here we use the euro and that the conversion is different; so keep control of your expenses at all times to live abroad calmly.
- Have a great time: engrave this sentence with fire, it is a unique and unrepeatable experience (at least under the same conditions), so don’t miss another moment, create memories, take thousands of photos and grow; especially, grow personally and professionally.
And you, would you like to be a thelofttowner?
Jun 08 2018
Why visit Barcelona in summer? What’s special? TheLofttowners, today we say to you that this is your final post, for those who’ve been new on this course we invite you to know the sunniest Barcelona and all the activities that you can do, because if you have come to study here you must know everything. Here we go!
NIGHT LIFE IN BARCELONA
One of the things that we like most when we visit Barcelona in summer is the terraces, and there can be nothing better than to have a drink with friends after dinner on a quiet terrace with background music and facing the sea; the most daring will surely want to have a dip in the sea, and we encourage you to do so 😉
THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS
We know that title is taken by NYC, but let us appropriate it for a few minutes; and it is because Barcelona doesn’t sleep either, both day and night there is a great atmosphere on the street. Do you already know where to have dinner today? Try El Nacional, we’ll say no more 🙂
How were we going to forget our beloved day activities? Being able to visit Barcelona in summer has its advantages, for example bicycle rental is much more enjoyable if what you want is to see the city quietly and without hurry. Shall we go tonight?
To visit Barcelona in summer is something that should be mandatory and desirable; there are thousands of activities waiting for you to know. If you come to study in Barcelona you’ve already been able to know the winter, you now have the best part: THE BEACH! Enjoy yourself. For sure, we will check that you are wearing high protection sunscreen.
May 20 2018
During the week of April 13 in Barcelona, Jobarcelona went ahead, where university students and companies do face to face networking. Right now, we’re thinking, do our thelofttowners know how to network? And as they say: when in doubt, full speed ahead, so we bring you this post full of recommendations so that the next time you network you may be experts.
WE ARE GOING NETWORKING
- Make a list: before going networking, research companies and make a list of those that you are most interested in, so you don’t get lost in the crowd and that you go directly to the point. Get interesting contacts.
- Get up early: the early bird gets contacts. Be the first to sit at the tables of the companies that you’ve previously included in the list; be friendly, courteous, answers questions about what you have been asked, and don’t beat around the bush.
- Prepare your CV and something else: having your CD printed in order to hand it over to companies is the golden rule; but if you really want to stand out, take business cards, cover letters… everything extra that can give support to your interview will be so much the better.
- Attend talks: in networking there are often lectures, question and answer sessions… sign up for everything you can, CV checks, personal counselling, mock group meetings with people who you do not know. Do all that you can. It is training and experience for you.
We care for you and your future, so we try to place in your hands all that you need to know about how to network. Would you like us to talk about something specific that worries you or you find interesting? Let us know in the comments and we’ll talk about it 😉
May 16 2018
A university internship is that university subject we are keenest to do, it opens doors to the world of work and for the first time in four years we feel truly responsible, and we put into practice all the knowledge acquired. Before you start a university internship, we recommend that you read our post; we’re going to give some recommendations so that you ace it. Shall we start?
- Be punctual: we should not say it but… it isn’t too much if we remind you: it is essential to be punctual in your work. Although it is a university internship, you have to see as if you really worked for that company, so don’t only be punctual on the first day, be punctual until the last day of your internship.
- Lunch: it could be that the first day you don’t know very well how the timetables work in that company, if they go down to lunch, if they take 10 minutes to go to take a coffee. We recommend that you take a sandwich and water just in case, but if the staff go down to lunch, do it with them, that way you will know your workmates better and you will integrate faster.
- Question: it doesn’t matter if you ask questions, and we are not in class where you can be afraid to ask, it’s real life and real problems. So before delivering a project, a job or a task, ask about everything that you’ve had doubts about. You must be efficient and do the work well; nobody is born trained and everyone can be wrong; your boss began like you, so lose your fears already, and ask.
- Be proactive: do you think that the company needs to renew its website? Create social networks? Everything new that you can provide will be positive for the company and for the view your superiors have of you. Think that they do not want problems but solutions, if you contribute solutions and they are applicable, you could be in for a future hiring. So be curious, search, read, learn… all of this will also work for you.
We recommend that you take your university internship period as if it were a real job, which it is, but your condition will be as an intern, so at first you are going to deal with smaller projects, easy and secondary jobs that, little by little, and with confidence, will go toward making more ambitious projects. We all have been through this, so we encourage thelofttowners.
May 03 2018
The reason why you will want to study abroad
We tend to see the famous in a position that intimidates us: they are those people who go on TV, attend galas, are interviewed and sometimes have the best photos on Instagram. Sometimes it seems that they are out of reach but is not like that; in fact there are many famous people that have experienced the feelings of an Erasmus. Today they are the ones who tell us what they learned and how to study abroad. Let’s begin with the list!
HOLLYWOOD COMES TO OUR BLOG
- Emma Watson: we could not start in a better way; the famous actress who played the role of Hermione in Harry Potter shares the same passion for studies as her fictional character, because she spent 18 months studying English literature and later studied a degree at England’s Oxford University.
- J.K. Rowling: and from the actress, we move on to the writer and creator of Harry Potter, who gave shape to the first edition of the book and the universe of Harry Potter with her first book, Harry Potter and Philosopher’s Stone, while giving English classes in Portugal; on the other hand she studied a university degree in French at Exeter University, England.
- Vera Wang: the fashionable designer from the United States spent some time studying at the Sorbonne, University of Paris, where she fell in love (and who does not) with French style; after working as an editor at fashion magazine Vogue, she took the big step to the design and manufacture of fashion until today she is globally known for her wedding dresses.
As you can see, to study abroad shapes people with the point of view of a future winner, enriches culturally and personally and opens the doors to what you want to be; if you decide it you can, you too can also succeed in life and we are sure that you’re going to do it. Dare to study abroad, we promise that we will look after you a lot 😉
Apr 24 2018
Studying outside is an opportunity you can not miss, and we tell you why.
One of the aspirations of students is to go to school abroad, sometimes it can be complicated by the doubts that appear, first of all we tell you that studying abroad is one of the best things you will do during your university life, especially if you decide come to study in Barcelona, if you keep reading us, we will take all the doubts you may have, will we start?
3 REASONS TO GIVE THE GREAT STEP
- You will be more independent: this is the main reason and most importantly, independence and knowing how to get up is only the first thing you will learn, wherever you go you will be alone at the beginning and you will have to know how to move and ask. It has all happened to us!
- You make new friendships: another of the advantages of studying abroad is that you will make many friends and probably from different parts of the world, who knows, maybe in the future you can visit them and you have a home assured wherever you are live;)
- You will learn to have a routine: put the washing machine, bring your tasks up to date, go to make the purchase, go out with your friends, clean … they are actions that you will include to your agenda, from now on there will be nobody to do these tasks for you
But do you know what is the best of all this? That studying abroad will give you the best years of your life and also the best stories: you will try extraordinary dishes, you will make brilliant friendships, you will go to some of the craziest parties and above all, you will fill your backpack with experiences and personal growth, so Are you ready to take this leap? We wait for you below to catch you;)
Apr 18 2018
Living with friends is something that we have all dreamed of or even planned at some point in our life, the simple fact of sharing a home with your friends is something that excites us, we tell you why living with friends is the best you can do, since our residents live 24 hours a day surrounded by friends and good vibes and we tell you that you can also be one of them. Go ahead!
LIVE WHILE WE WERE YOUNG
- Cooking together is better: in our student residence, we have rooms with kitchen so that you can prepare yourself the menus of each day, the fact of living with friends will make this task much easier, because you can prepare some delicious menus for both of you and have a great time.
- You can share everything: and when we refer to everything we want to say everything, from clothes, confessions, movies, study, homework … life with friends is much better and our residents know what we are talking about
- You have a personal relations consultant: relationships are the daily theme among friendships, and sometimes we think of ourselves as a matchmaker and end up acting as loving counselors, other times we have to give up our shoulders to cry, but for that and for a long time more, it is better to live with friends who understand you and can advise you in these situations.
Our thelofttowners know what we are talking about, they live with friends every day and spend this wonderful stage of personal growth and formation surrounded by friends and of course we are there whenever they need us. Let’s say that during the afternoons, the common areas are filled with the life that you give us and for that reason and for much more we love you, do you want to become part of our big family? We are waiting with open arms 😉