May 20 2018
During the week of April 13 in Barcelona, Jobarcelona went ahead, where university students and companies do face to face networking. Right now, we’re thinking, do our thelofttowners know how to network? And as they say: when in doubt, full speed ahead, so we bring you this post full of recommendations so that the next time you network you may be experts.
WE ARE GOING NETWORKING
- Make a list: before going networking, research companies and make a list of those that you are most interested in, so you don’t get lost in the crowd and that you go directly to the point. Get interesting contacts.
- Get up early: the early bird gets contacts. Be the first to sit at the tables of the companies that you’ve previously included in the list; be friendly, courteous, answers questions about what you have been asked, and don’t beat around the bush.
- Prepare your CV and something else: having your CD printed in order to hand it over to companies is the golden rule; but if you really want to stand out, take business cards, cover letters… everything extra that can give support to your interview will be so much the better.
- Attend talks: in networking there are often lectures, question and answer sessions… sign up for everything you can, CV checks, personal counselling, mock group meetings with people who you do not know. Do all that you can. It is training and experience for you.
We care for you and your future, so we try to place in your hands all that you need to know about how to network. Would you like us to talk about something specific that worries you or you find interesting? Let us know in the comments and we’ll talk about it 😉
May 16 2018
A university internship is that university subject we are keenest to do, it opens doors to the world of work and for the first time in four years we feel truly responsible, and we put into practice all the knowledge acquired. Before you start a university internship, we recommend that you read our post; we’re going to give some recommendations so that you ace it. Shall we start?
- Be punctual: we should not say it but… it isn’t too much if we remind you: it is essential to be punctual in your work. Although it is a university internship, you have to see as if you really worked for that company, so don’t only be punctual on the first day, be punctual until the last day of your internship.
- Lunch: it could be that the first day you don’t know very well how the timetables work in that company, if they go down to lunch, if they take 10 minutes to go to take a coffee. We recommend that you take a sandwich and water just in case, but if the staff go down to lunch, do it with them, that way you will know your workmates better and you will integrate faster.
- Question: it doesn’t matter if you ask questions, and we are not in class where you can be afraid to ask, it’s real life and real problems. So before delivering a project, a job or a task, ask about everything that you’ve had doubts about. You must be efficient and do the work well; nobody is born trained and everyone can be wrong; your boss began like you, so lose your fears already, and ask.
- Be proactive: do you think that the company needs to renew its website? Create social networks? Everything new that you can provide will be positive for the company and for the view your superiors have of you. Think that they do not want problems but solutions, if you contribute solutions and they are applicable, you could be in for a future hiring. So be curious, search, read, learn… all of this will also work for you.
We recommend that you take your university internship period as if it were a real job, which it is, but your condition will be as an intern, so at first you are going to deal with smaller projects, easy and secondary jobs that, little by little, and with confidence, will go toward making more ambitious projects. We all have been through this, so we encourage thelofttowners.
May 03 2018
The reason why you will want to study abroad
We tend to see the famous in a position that intimidates us: they are those people who go on TV, attend galas, are interviewed and sometimes have the best photos on Instagram. Sometimes it seems that they are out of reach but is not like that; in fact there are many famous people that have experienced the feelings of an Erasmus. Today they are the ones who tell us what they learned and how to study abroad. Let’s begin with the list!
HOLLYWOOD COMES TO OUR BLOG
- Emma Watson: we could not start in a better way; the famous actress who played the role of Hermione in Harry Potter shares the same passion for studies as her fictional character, because she spent 18 months studying English literature and later studied a degree at England’s Oxford University.
- J.K. Rowling: and from the actress, we move on to the writer and creator of Harry Potter, who gave shape to the first edition of the book and the universe of Harry Potter with her first book, Harry Potter and Philosopher’s Stone, while giving English classes in Portugal; on the other hand she studied a university degree in French at Exeter University, England.
- Vera Wang: the fashionable designer from the United States spent some time studying at the Sorbonne, University of Paris, where she fell in love (and who does not) with French style; after working as an editor at fashion magazine Vogue, she took the big step to the design and manufacture of fashion until today she is globally known for her wedding dresses.
As you can see, to study abroad shapes people with the point of view of a future winner, enriches culturally and personally and opens the doors to what you want to be; if you decide it you can, you too can also succeed in life and we are sure that you’re going to do it. Dare to study abroad, we promise that we will look after you a lot 😉
Apr 24 2018
Studying outside is an opportunity you can not miss, and we tell you why.
One of the aspirations of students is to go to school abroad, sometimes it can be complicated by the doubts that appear, first of all we tell you that studying abroad is one of the best things you will do during your university life, especially if you decide come to study in Barcelona, if you keep reading us, we will take all the doubts you may have, will we start?
3 REASONS TO GIVE THE GREAT STEP
- You will be more independent: this is the main reason and most importantly, independence and knowing how to get up is only the first thing you will learn, wherever you go you will be alone at the beginning and you will have to know how to move and ask. It has all happened to us!
- You make new friendships: another of the advantages of studying abroad is that you will make many friends and probably from different parts of the world, who knows, maybe in the future you can visit them and you have a home assured wherever you are live;)
- You will learn to have a routine: put the washing machine, bring your tasks up to date, go to make the purchase, go out with your friends, clean … they are actions that you will include to your agenda, from now on there will be nobody to do these tasks for you
But do you know what is the best of all this? That studying abroad will give you the best years of your life and also the best stories: you will try extraordinary dishes, you will make brilliant friendships, you will go to some of the craziest parties and above all, you will fill your backpack with experiences and personal growth, so Are you ready to take this leap? We wait for you below to catch you;)
Apr 18 2018
Living with friends is something that we have all dreamed of or even planned at some point in our life, the simple fact of sharing a home with your friends is something that excites us, we tell you why living with friends is the best you can do, since our residents live 24 hours a day surrounded by friends and good vibes and we tell you that you can also be one of them. Go ahead!
LIVE WHILE WE WERE YOUNG
- Cooking together is better: in our student residence, we have rooms with kitchen so that you can prepare yourself the menus of each day, the fact of living with friends will make this task much easier, because you can prepare some delicious menus for both of you and have a great time.
- You can share everything: and when we refer to everything we want to say everything, from clothes, confessions, movies, study, homework … life with friends is much better and our residents know what we are talking about
- You have a personal relations consultant: relationships are the daily theme among friendships, and sometimes we think of ourselves as a matchmaker and end up acting as loving counselors, other times we have to give up our shoulders to cry, but for that and for a long time more, it is better to live with friends who understand you and can advise you in these situations.
Our thelofttowners know what we are talking about, they live with friends every day and spend this wonderful stage of personal growth and formation surrounded by friends and of course we are there whenever they need us. Let’s say that during the afternoons, the common areas are filled with the life that you give us and for that reason and for much more we love you, do you want to become part of our big family? We are waiting with open arms 😉
Apr 09 2018
It is something that we always ask ourselves, studying career in Barcelona is one of the best options, because it becomes part of the ranking of the best European cities where to go to study, but … do you know what Barcelona is related to in this ranking? Keep reading to discover it.
TOP 10 OF EUROPEAN CITIES
- Culture and art: in this area the first place is taken by Florence, it is par excellence the city of culture and art, cradle of the Renaissance artistic movement its streets saw artists like Botticelli, Brunelleschi, Michelangelo, Dante and Leonardo da Vinci among others.
- Transport: the first place in the best European city of transport is London, the connections available in this city allow you to be in less than 2 hours to Berlin and 20 minutes more to Paris, in addition if you are a student in London You must have the Oyester card and benefit from the exclusive discounts for students. Are you going to miss it?
- Best nightlife: we appear in the ranking, and the first place is for Barcelona, so if you are thinking of coming to study a career in Barcelona, you can enjoy the best nightlife, bars where you can have a drink and enjoy the best nightspots in the world, we are also very nice;) our thelofttowners can tell you.
- For foodies: San Sebastian enters this ranking with the position of being the European city number one in terms of food and catering is concerned, what to go for skewers along with a zurito will be your best pastime if what you like is to enjoy a culinary culture very particular and very like its character: hard.
So you see, studying a career in Barcelona is going to give you some unique opportunities and advantages, if you think that this is your place, we give you the opportunity to live your most important time of study with us. Welcome to The Lofttown.
Apr 01 2018
It sounds weird, we know it but we assure you that we have been as surprised as you, there are the most extravagant university careers, university studies and modules of two courses willing to teach subjects out of the ordinary, and as we share everything with you, we will not be less on this occasion, so go ahead post!
WHERE IS THE LIMIT?
- Ethical hacking: and we reinforce the word ethics: not all pirates have to be “bad”, we also have to have those that are “good” to counterattack attacks. They are known as ethical “hakers” and are dedicated to fixing security problems.
- Bowling technology: who do you think is responsible for the technology that orders bowling? Yes, there is a race destined to the making of the machines that are in charge of this technology and management.
- Philosophy and The Simpsons: surely we have stayed as much stone as you, yes guys, there is a module of two courses at the prestigious University of California on the campus of Berkeley, the fact that the Simpsons is studied and its philosophy is proof of the diversification that the curriculum has done for years.
- Science and technology of surfing: if you thought that nothing could beat the philosophy of the Simpsons, hold on because there are also studies to study the science related to surfing, do not get excited that you do not teach surfing, if you’re interested, it’s taught in the some of the British coastal universities such as Cronwall and Plymouth.
- Science of the turf: now if we have given in the height of the highs, if the sport is not your thing you can always have this exit, you can specialize in placing the grass on the football fields. How about? Maybe you can meet Messi …
There are many university degrees, and the important thing is that you have a good time doing them and can dedicate yourself to what you really like.
Mar 27 2018
Dear thelofttowners, today we are talking about sport for students as a way to escape the work, the university, the stress… Surely you are not aware of it, but doing sport at exam time or high-stress times does not take away time, on the contrary you’re going to get more benefits than you think.
4 ENVIABLE BENEFITS
- Let’s go to the simple one: it is a healthy, complete and very active hobby. So far, so good.
- Sport for students calms nerves, takes you away from stressful situations so that you can go more relaxed and with new energy for the challenges of the day.
- The importance of rest: it is when we sleep that we assimilate the knowledge learned during the day and it is assimilated during the night if on this day we have done sport for students; the knowledge will be assimilated better since your rest will be full and deep.
- Easier to endure long hours; do know why? Because those who are not used to exercise tend to suffer more back pain and get irritated more quickly.
- Better results: and guys, we are talking about grades, it is shown that students who do sport have more capacity for concentration; correct our posture and we will feel better.
Would you like us to give you some very good news? We have a gym and a solarium that is prepared for you, for you to do your favourite sport and get rid of the stressful situation which you are living; and as we like giving advice, let us tell you that having a daily routine of exercises will be your passport to healthy and personal university success. Shall we start? See you at the gym in an hour with the other thelofttowners 🙂
Mar 11 2018
If you wonder what it is like living in a student residence, it is because you are thinking of going to live in one of them: CONGRATULATIONS! You have just found your residence in Barcelona, and we’re going to tell you the reason why.
WHO ARE WE?
- A family: our residents, known as thelofttowners, are our engine, together we are one big family that we could not do without.
- We care for you: as your parents would, we give you everything you need to live very comfortably: facilities to your liking, study rooms, buffet restaurant (we’ll talk about this wonder in a moment), cinema room, room areas with private access, and rooms with kitchen and terrace and… our parties!
- The cuisine: we cook local produce and what you don’t eat will be earmarked for soup kitchens in our city. We are totally respectful with the environment and our facilities have been created like that, and you know what? If you wish you can visit the farms where the buffet produce comes from 😉
- The experience: something that cannot be described, living in a student residence is vitality, energy, laughs, good times, company, parties, games, meals, work… We could summarize that living in a student residence is life, a life that you can’t miss.
And that said, dear reader, we would love you to visit our website so that you can also enter part of “this”, what is called a family, which we share together. We want to know your motivations, your studies, your goals; we care about you and are going to care for you (our word). We are waiting with open arms.
Mar 05 2018
We are not the same; that is the first thing we say to you, university life can change in many ways and the main thing that we change is our way of being. Hazing, parties, classes, your friends from the beginning… Shall we look together?
WE SHARE YOUR ‘ME’ AT THE BEGINNING WITH YOUR ‘ME’ OF THE LAST YEAR
- Class: your ‘ME’ of the first year is applied, answers the questions in class, participates, and sits in the first row (Yes! In the front row). Your ‘ME’ of the last year no longer knows what topic is covered in class and if one day you decide to go to class, you stay looking at the wall. Is it like that or not? 😉
- With colleagues: your ‘ME’ of the first year will want to know everyone, become friends with everyone and not rule out anyone, while your ‘ME’ of the last year already has a group of friends formed and will not interact with anyone else.
- Work: your ‘ME’ of the first year will begin super-motivated with the tasks, you’ll want to stand out and go beyond, be able to do images, creative titles, home pages at the level of an advertising festival and even add comments at the bottom of the page. While your ‘ME’ of the past year will do the work on the last day and your biggest obstacle will be the dreaded final project.
- Outfits: girls and boys, we are talking about style: your ‘ME’ of the first year will go to the university as if it were the 080, while your ‘ME’ of the last year will grab the first thing you find in the wardrobe to go ‘OK’, and if we are at exam time, forget the makeup.
Do you feel identified? We want to know what stage you find yourselves at. We hope to have brought out a small smile with this post. We love you thelofttowners.