Jul 20 2018
Barcelona is one of the most popular Erasmus summer school destinations, and it is not for nothing: we are the city with more lifestyle, tourism, activities, leisure, culture, and good weather (we could be here for days like that) that you will find. For that reason and for everything else that you will discover in this post, we say to you that if you are checking out Barcelona to come for Erasmus summer school, you have to check out the ground where you might find yourself, and we tell it to you in our post 🙂
SET LIST OF THINGS TO DO IN BARCELONA
- Beaches: in August we will share with you a post about the best beaches in Barcelona, so we will not go into this subject too much, but I can say that in Barcelona there are coves and beautiful places where you can meet with your friends from the Erasmus summer school to enjoy the best paellas in Barcelona; if this topic interests you… stay tuned to the blog in August where we’ll talk about the best beaches in Barcelona.
- Entertainment: of course, the culture of Gaudí and modernism that characterize some of the highlights of Barcelona overrun the city most linked to Catalan culture; enjoy Erasmus Barcelona photographing the Sagrada Familia, taking a selfie in the Casa Batlló, walking in the corridors of la Pedrera, enjoying the shade of the trees of Parc Güell or going up to Montjuic, where the magic fountain waits to give you its water and light show.
- Activities: we are talking about skating with in-line skates along the promenade, renting bicycles to enjoy Barcelona on a ride, visiting the aquarium to learn about marine fauna, going to the Columbus statue to have a bird’s eye view of the city, visiting the only museum in the world where you can find all the celebs in wax and bone (we are talking about the Barcelona wax museum)… in every corner of Barcelona there are things to do, and this is what our Erasmus summer school students most like.
You can be one of them; are you up for it? We will waiting for you in our Students residence in Barcelona
Jun 27 2018
Hello! Are you looking for an Erasmus accommodation Barcelona, for the next academic year? Well, you’ve come to the right place, maybe it was fate, do you believe in fate? What we believe is that if you have a good time reading this post, imagine how it’s going to be if you decide that we are your Erasmus student residence Barcelona. We are not going to make you wait any longer because for sure you have come here to know the things that you have to take into account at the moment of choosing a student residence to study in. So, on with the post!
Grab pen and paper, or print this sheet (what you prefer) and make notes of what an Erasmus accommodation must have.
- Cuisine: it is said that a person falls in love because of the food, well we already say that we are going to be your Romeo; our residents enjoy local produce and organic Mediterranean cuisine. In fact, we organise trips to farms where we buy the raw ingredients.
- Rooms: for a long period of time they will be your refuge so what you have to take into account about them is: ventilation, natural light, location, good mattresses (very important for relaxation); then there is the decoration, but it already depends most on you. Would you like us to tell you a secret? We have rooms with kitchen and terrace; it is like the dressing room that every woman wants to have but a little better.
- Outdoor areas: very, very important so you can get away a bit from your studies and enjoy your free time with other residents, we guarantee that you will end up as a family because we have seen it before.
What else can we tell you? Nor do we want to reveal all our secrets to you until you come and try our VR glasses 😉
Come and be part of the best community of students in Barcelona.
Jun 14 2018
Are you new in town?
Sometimes living abroad becomes overwhelming, especially the first months: the culture shock, a new town that you don’t know, maybe a language that you don’t master. These are facts that make you feel out of place a little. So that does not happen, we share with you the essential keys you have to strictly follow so that you can enjoy your experience from day one.
EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO DO
- Friends: we need to be in company, to have someone to talk to and strike up a friendship with, so your first mission will be to make friends. Furthermore it is one of the fastest ways to adapt to the new city, so who better than someone local to teach you the city?
- Lose yourself: Yes, lose yourself in the city, explore, question, discover… There is nothing better than discovering new and charming places in the city that will be your home during your exchange, so don’t wait any more and get out there. For sure, you will go with a map or GPS activated, you will not really be lost and not know how to get back again.
- Watch out for the money: especially if you go to a city where there is a different currency. Please note that here we use the euro and that the conversion is different; so keep control of your expenses at all times to live abroad calmly.
- Have a great time: engrave this sentence with fire, it is a unique and unrepeatable experience (at least under the same conditions), so don’t miss another moment, create memories, take thousands of photos and grow; especially, grow personally and professionally.
And you, would you like to be a thelofttowner?
Feb 13 2018
We tell you all the things to do in Barcelona
The situation could be summarized in this way: you’ve arranged to meet this afternoon with other thelofttowners and you do not know the things to do in Barcelona because, let’s say, you have already visited the most touristic places, (we refer to the Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Batlló…). Well then, today we share with you some ideal places that you can enjoy in the fantastic city of Barcelona in good company. Shall we start?
- Icebar: is it time to feel even colder still? Icebar is a bar located in Barceloneta made entirely of ice, which leads to this bar being at an average temperature of -18º, but it is worth it! Being made entirely of ice, you can enjoy a full Siberian experience. Who dares to enter?
- Hidden swimming pools in the middle of the Eixample: yes, it is possible and in fact has a name: the gardens of the Torre de les Aigües, which host the precious and well known beach of the Eixample. They are the first of the Cerdà inner courtyards that were restored for public use. This swimming pool is open only in the summer months. Shall we see each other there?
- The Montjuïc cable car: visit the city of Barcelona from a bird’s-eye view, to reach the mythical mountain which houses one of the best museums of art in Catalunya, MNAC; but if art is not your thing, we challenge you to find the enormous slides hidden on the mountain 😉
- Els Encants: no, we do not mean the charm that Barcelona has (that too) but the Encants market, where you can find bargains and all kinds of antiques; it is close to the Las Glories Shopping Centre, another newly renovated mall that is really well worth the visit.
How about it thelofttowner? This afternoon we are going on a tour to see things to do in Barcelona!
Aug 02 2017
One more day we welcome you to our post and we say to you that if it is the first time you have entered here and you don’t know us… Congratulations! You’ve found (perhaps unintentionally) the blog that you need. Today we bring you a compilation of activities in Barcelona that you have always wanted to do. Will you join us?
- Open air movies: cinema goes onto the streets and the classics are back. This summer Barcelona is filled with cinematographic culture and welcomes you every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5 to 21 August. Capacity is limited given that it takes place in El Pati de les Dones, and is free 😉
- For those who like sports: discover Barcelona on roller skates, a visit to Camp Nou, enjoy nature by bike, live the sunset from the sea… They are activities in Barcelona which are catalogued as permanent. Do you like moonlight? Then the 9,10 and 11 of August you have a date for paddle surfing in the sea organised by Surf House Barcelona. You are also invited to a post-activity cocktail. Are you going to miss it
- An afternoon in the Museum: Barcelona offers a great selection of museums for all ages and some very interesting ones. We will recommend the Wax Museum, Macba, CCCB, Cosmo Caixa, Chocolate Museum for food-lovers, and a classic among the classics that we cannot leave out… The MNAC full of art and traditions.
Everything you can imagine (awake or dreaming) is possible, there are plenty of activities in Barcelona waiting to be discovered by you. We have given you the first brush-strokes to make your day unforgettable; you fill in the rest.
Thanks for reading us!
Jul 20 2017
One more day we share with you the essentials you must do if you have any doubts about where to go in Barcelona. Barcelona is a big city, but it is the perfect size to visit, so from The Lofttown we’ll tell you what is on our list of unmissables; devour Barcelona!
AN UNFORGETTABLE DAY
- Gaudí and Modernism: If there is anything that characterizes the city it is modernism.
- A different concert: in the Gran Teatro del Liceu.
- Tapas and Vermouth: a very typical “combi” in Barcelona, which fills Las Ramblas for the hours before lunch, a very Catalan break.
- Excursion to Montjuïc: and views that leave you breathless. A visual and sensory spectacle steeped in history that you have to discover.
- Historic el Raval: get to know the history of Barcelona from the centre.
- A swim in the Mediterranean: 4 kilometres of beach to put your towel down and enjoy the sun and the seafront terraces.
- Train your palate: with Barcelona cuisine.
- The Sagrada Familia: which has become the symbol of the city, still not completed.
- The direction to America: Columbus shows it. And you can go up on foot to see a panoramic view of the spectacular city.
- Breathe underwater: in the Barcelona aquarium it is possible; that, and swimming among sharks and manta rays. Do you dare?
All this and more is what you can visit in Barcelona. As you can see, we have the good luck to be in the centre of Barcelona, where everything is happening, to offer you the fun time at hand that you want. Do you want to come and see us? We are here and hope you spend your best university years with us. Thanks once more for reading!
Apr 28 2017
The Lofttown Blog brings you the many advantages that come from living in a student residence, and particularly in ours, because we are a residence that is very different from any other, with a lifestyle that will suit you perfectly because we have created everything thinking of you. If you have thought about student halls of residence Barcelona, we recommend that you read this before deciding.
In The Lofttown we accompany you during your stay in Barcelona, giving you all the assistance you need to make the most of this period of your life, of your stay in the city and to maximize your performance in your studies.
Today our post is taking us to a new Travel section, in which we which are going to give you places to visit that you mustn’t miss. Today Formentera, in the Balearic Islands.
Formentera is the smallest island in the Balearic Islands, and that’s the reason for its charm. Its virgin beaches make it the perfect destination for an idyllic stay. The island is very quiet and you can rent a bike or a motorcycle to enjoy its wonderful natural surroundings. And if you want to enjoy good atmosphere and music at night, get to know the nightlife in Formentera.
Ibiza, the island in the Balearic Islands known for its luxurious Beach Clubs is only thirty minutes away by Ferry.
We take this opportunity to remind you that we are on the homestretch to finishing our residence. This July 1st we are opening our installations! Don’t go to sleep, book your place now and don’t miss out.
Follow us on our social networks and visit our website to learn more about The Lofttown! Welcome!
Mar 24 2017
As can be seen in the Google results when you type “student housing Barcelona” in its search bar, student residences offer you all the possible advantages so that your time at university be idyllic. From 24-hour security, to facilities adapted to the best conditions, to services that will make life easier, to…
However, another result that you will get if you do a search for “student housing Barcelona” in Google, is our blog. And, why should you follow our blog? Because you will get an inside look at what life is like in The Lofttown, you will discover the wonderful things that we have in Barcelona that you shouldn´t miss out on, you will receive useful tips for you and a thousand other things that could help you during your time in Barcelona.
Besides this, today, in our blog, we have announced the newTravel section. Here you will find destinations that we recommend going toas weekend breaks, for example.
Today, we kick off talking about… Seville! A destination that you can´t miss out on. The people, its gastronomy, its sun… actually, avoid going in summer because the temperature gauges reach 45°, and sometimes even 50°!
Seville is Flamenco dancing, bulls, Rebujito and much more.
A quick guide to visiting Seville. The best things to do
Places to visit
The Plaza de España, Seville cathedral and the Santa Cruz neighbourhood, the most beautiful in Seville.
Visit the Town Hall, and the Maestranza bullring.
Gastronomy, wine and nightlife
Take a walk at night and a cruise on the river Guadalquivir, go on a gourmet tapas tour with local wine, sherry or beer and end up at a Flamenco show. Discover the passion of Flamenco in its original birthplace. The Sevillian Patio is one of the main Flamenco stages in the city.
Monuments that shouldn´t be missed
The Giralda Tower, the Plaza Nueva, the Glorieta de Becquer and the beautiful Tower of Gold.
Triana Market, the Roja gallery and the Lonja de Barranco market.
See you at The Lofttown! Reserve your place if you haven´t done so already. Happy Spring!