Aug 02 2017
One more day we welcome you to our post and we say to you that if it is the first time you have entered here and you don’t know us… Congratulations! You’ve found (perhaps unintentionally) the blog that you need. Today we bring you a compilation of activities in Barcelona that you have always wanted to do. Will you join us?
- Open air movies: cinema goes onto the streets and the classics are back. This summer Barcelona is filled with cinematographic culture and welcomes you every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 5 to 21 August. Capacity is limited given that it takes place in El Pati de les Dones, and is free 😉
- For those who like sports: discover Barcelona on roller skates, a visit to Camp Nou, enjoy nature by bike, live the sunset from the sea… They are activities in Barcelona which are catalogued as permanent. Do you like moonlight? Then the 9,10 and 11 of August you have a date for paddle surfing in the sea organised by Surf House Barcelona. You are also invited to a post-activity cocktail. Are you going to miss it
- An afternoon in the Museum: Barcelona offers a great selection of museums for all ages and some very interesting ones. We will recommend the Wax Museum, Macba, CCCB, Cosmo Caixa, Chocolate Museum for food-lovers, and a classic among the classics that we cannot leave out… The MNAC full of art and traditions.
Everything you can imagine (awake or dreaming) is possible, there are plenty of activities in Barcelona waiting to be discovered by you. We have given you the first brush-strokes to make your day unforgettable; you fill in the rest.
Thanks for reading us!
Jul 20 2017
One more day we share with you the essentials you must do if you have any doubts about where to go in Barcelona. Barcelona is a big city, but it is the perfect size to visit, so from The Lofttown we’ll tell you what is on our list of unmissables; devour Barcelona!
AN UNFORGETTABLE DAY
- Gaudí and Modernism: If there is anything that characterizes the city it is modernism.
- A different concert: in the Gran Teatro del Liceu.
- Tapas and Vermouth: a very typical “combi” in Barcelona, which fills Las Ramblas for the hours before lunch, a very Catalan break.
- Excursion to Montjuïc: and views that leave you breathless. A visual and sensory spectacle steeped in history that you have to discover.
- Historic el Raval: get to know the history of Barcelona from the centre.
- A swim in the Mediterranean: 4 kilometres of beach to put your towel down and enjoy the sun and the seafront terraces.
- Train your palate: with Barcelona cuisine.
- The Sagrada Familia: which has become the symbol of the city, still not completed.
- The direction to America: Columbus shows it. And you can go up on foot to see a panoramic view of the spectacular city.
- Breathe underwater: in the Barcelona aquarium it is possible; that, and swimming among sharks and manta rays. Do you dare?
All this and more is what you can visit in Barcelona. As you can see, we have the good luck to be in the centre of Barcelona, where everything is happening, to offer you the fun time at hand that you want. Do you want to come and see us? We are here and hope you spend your best university years with us. Thanks once more for reading!
Apr 28 2017
The Lofttown Blog brings you the many advantages that come from living in a student residence, and particularly in ours, because we are a residence that is very different from any other, with a lifestyle that will suit you perfectly because we have created everything thinking of you. If you have thought about student halls of residence Barcelona, we recommend that you read this before deciding.
In The Lofttown we accompany you during your stay in Barcelona, giving you all the assistance you need to make the most of this period of your life, of your stay in the city and to maximize your performance in your studies.
Today our post is taking us to a new Travel section, in which we which are going to give you places to visit that you mustn’t miss. Today Formentera, in the Balearic Islands.
Formentera is the smallest island in the Balearic Islands, and that’s the reason for its charm. Its virgin beaches make it the perfect destination for an idyllic stay. The island is very quiet and you can rent a bike or a motorcycle to enjoy its wonderful natural surroundings. And if you want to enjoy good atmosphere and music at night, get to know the nightlife in Formentera.
Ibiza, the island in the Balearic Islands known for its luxurious Beach Clubs is only thirty minutes away by Ferry.
We take this opportunity to remind you that we are on the homestretch to finishing our residence. This July 1st we are opening our installations! Don’t go to sleep, book your place now and don’t miss out.
Follow us on our social networks and visit our website to learn more about The Lofttown! Welcome!
Mar 24 2017
As can be seen in the Google results when you type “student housing Barcelona” in its search bar, student residences offer you all the possible advantages so that your time at university be idyllic. From 24-hour security, to facilities adapted to the best conditions, to services that will make life easier, to…
However, another result that you will get if you do a search for “student housing Barcelona” in Google, is our blog. And, why should you follow our blog? Because you will get an inside look at what life is like in The Lofttown, you will discover the wonderful things that we have in Barcelona that you shouldn´t miss out on, you will receive useful tips for you and a thousand other things that could help you during your time in Barcelona.
Besides this, today, in our blog, we have announced the newTravel section. Here you will find destinations that we recommend going toas weekend breaks, for example.
Today, we kick off talking about… Seville! A destination that you can´t miss out on. The people, its gastronomy, its sun… actually, avoid going in summer because the temperature gauges reach 45°, and sometimes even 50°!
Seville is Flamenco dancing, bulls, Rebujito and much more.
A quick guide to visiting Seville. The best things to do
Places to visit
The Plaza de España, Seville cathedral and the Santa Cruz neighbourhood, the most beautiful in Seville.
Visit the Town Hall, and the Maestranza bullring.
Gastronomy, wine and nightlife
Take a walk at night and a cruise on the river Guadalquivir, go on a gourmet tapas tour with local wine, sherry or beer and end up at a Flamenco show. Discover the passion of Flamenco in its original birthplace. The Sevillian Patio is one of the main Flamenco stages in the city.
Monuments that shouldn´t be missed
The Giralda Tower, the Plaza Nueva, the Glorieta de Becquer and the beautiful Tower of Gold.
Triana Market, the Roja gallery and the Lonja de Barranco market.
See you at The Lofttown! Reserve your place if you haven´t done so already. Happy Spring!