Summer plans in Barcelona that you can’t miss
Summer has arrived (yes!!!) and the best summer plans in Barcelona have landed on our blog.
And we are sure that you want to know them, because you are part of our great family, because this summer you deserve to know all the plans that are brewing in Barcelona (and there’s a whole load of them); because if there is something truly great that this city has, it is that the lifestyle and the events are something really the order of the day, and because you are a thelofttowner and we know that you’re very interested in this.
So far, so good; now we’ll leave you for a few minutes to get your diary and make a note or make a whatsapp list for all your group of friends, or so that you can refresh your memory about how to make screenshots. Ready? Then on with it!
Agenda of the 4 events that you have to do in Barcelona this summer
Open-air cinema (Cinema a la fresca)
Maybe it rings a bell, and it’s because it’s one of the events that we most recommend and we most like. We believe it’s a perfect way to socialise with other groups of the same age, get to know new friends and enjoy a movie in the open air. In one of the most emblematic places in Barcelona, on Montjuic. We recommend that you go up on the Montjuic cable car to enjoy the views of the city. Don’t you think it’s a great plan? Note it down or send it by whatsapp right now so that you can be letting your friends know to reserve the day.
We’ve come very high with the term. A Rooftop bar or a rooftop terrace are those emblematic places in Barcelona where the views are joined together with a cocktail. Now that you know, surprise your friends with a special plan going on a “chilled” day to have a drink before or after going out for dinner. What’s special about it? You’ll be able to see the sunset from a privileged viewpoint; you will have the opportunity to see Barcelona from another point of view which you had never seen before. And to make the experience even better, we are sharing with you the names of some of the best Rooftop bars:
- Hotel Barceló Raval: we are talking about THE terrace, and we say it is THE terrace because it’s the only one in Barcelona where the views are the widest. It’s open every day, but the plan that we recommend is that you go on Sundays for a light brunch with dj. By day, as much as by night, we are waiting for you on this beautiful terrace.
- Hotel Mandarin: a unique terrace in the middle of the emblematic Paseo de Gracia. We can say that it is an option for special occasions, given that its price isn’t emblematic. But if you want to be the best friend in the whole wide world, you have to invite the birthday boy or birthday girl to enjoy this experience.
- El Terrat: it is a unique terrace due to its location, given that it is at the foot of the Agbar tower. You’ll be able to enjoy a cocktail lying down on one of the terrace deck chairs while you think about how wonderful life is in Barcelona, and how the summer plans in Barcelona that The Lofttown is sharing with you are ideal.
Well, well, there is a beach here
We know that you have walked on it, got fed up with being toasted by the sun (hey! Solar protection SPF 50+ please) but do you believe that we would share with you something that you’ve already done? If you answer that there is no PlayStation for you today, what we want to share with you are some of the water activities that Barcelona has; and what there is to do in summer cannot be only reduced to beach + sun + ice creams. You can get about on the beach.
Let’s go diving, paddle surfing, what about a boat ride? How you like our plans! Hey, you only have to note down each and every one of these options to enjoy the summer like you’ve never done before.
The Gracia Festival
Ta-da! Our fourth option, but no less important, is a bit of a party. You know it, I know it, going out to party and so on isn’t a bad thing (as long as you always do it with your head and in a responsible manner; I’m sorry but we have to adopt the role of parents), so what we don’t want you to do is miss a great plan this summer, and the Gracia Festival is it.
The streets of this neighbourhood get filled with life thanks to the work of the neighbours who decorate each and every one of the streets with different themes in a way that creates elements of fantasy with recycled products; and as a student residence in Barcelona responsible about the environment as we are, we couldn’t enjoy ourselves more.
During the night Gracia becomes the main stage for concerts by the most iconic groups. We are going to put it in capital letters just in case you haven’t got it clear: YOU CANNOT MISS IT. The Gracia Festival is held in August, this way in the middle of the month when everyone goes away you have a definite appointment in Barcelona. You’re already taking too long to note it down in your calendar.
All ready? We’ll leave you a summary if you want to take a screenshot of the 4 most outstanding plans of this summer that you cannot miss under any circumstances; and no, a hangover is not an excuse:
- Open-air cinema: 20 June 2019
- Rooftop bar: All day, all night
- Water activities – All day, all night or, 24/7, which is the same thing
- Gracia Festival – 15 August 2019
Now, do you think that we have left out any plan? Share it in the comments! It is the best way for the other thelofttowners to be able to make a note of more plans than those we have shared with you.
You may also be interested in: