Jun 14 2018
Are you new in town?
Sometimes living abroad becomes overwhelming, especially the first months: the culture shock, a new town that you don’t know, maybe a language that you don’t master. These are facts that make you feel out of place a little. So that does not happen, we share with you the essential keys you have to strictly follow so that you can enjoy your experience from day one.
EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO DO
- Friends: we need to be in company, to have someone to talk to and strike up a friendship with, so your first mission will be to make friends. Furthermore it is one of the fastest ways to adapt to the new city, so who better than someone local to teach you the city?
- Lose yourself: Yes, lose yourself in the city, explore, question, discover… There is nothing better than discovering new and charming places in the city that will be your home during your exchange, so don’t wait any more and get out there. For sure, you will go with a map or GPS activated, you will not really be lost and not know how to get back again.
- Watch out for the money: especially if you go to a city where there is a different currency. Please note that here we use the euro and that the conversion is different; so keep control of your expenses at all times to live abroad calmly.
- Have a great time: engrave this sentence with fire, it is a unique and unrepeatable experience (at least under the same conditions), so don’t miss another moment, create memories, take thousands of photos and grow; especially, grow personally and professionally.
And you, would you like to be a thelofttowner?
Jun 08 2018
Why visit Barcelona in summer? What’s special? TheLofttowners, today we say to you that this is your final post, for those who’ve been new on this course we invite you to know the sunniest Barcelona and all the activities that you can do, because if you have come to study here you must know everything. Here we go!
NIGHT LIFE IN BARCELONA
One of the things that we like most when we visit Barcelona in summer is the terraces, and there can be nothing better than to have a drink with friends after dinner on a quiet terrace with background music and facing the sea; the most daring will surely want to have a dip in the sea, and we encourage you to do so 😉
THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS
We know that title is taken by NYC, but let us appropriate it for a few minutes; and it is because Barcelona doesn’t sleep either, both day and night there is a great atmosphere on the street. Do you already know where to have dinner today? Try El Nacional, we’ll say no more 🙂
How were we going to forget our beloved day activities? Being able to visit Barcelona in summer has its advantages, for example bicycle rental is much more enjoyable if what you want is to see the city quietly and without hurry. Shall we go tonight?
To visit Barcelona in summer is something that should be mandatory and desirable; there are thousands of activities waiting for you to know. If you come to study in Barcelona you’ve already been able to know the winter, you now have the best part: THE BEACH! Enjoy yourself. For sure, we will check that you are wearing high protection sunscreen.
May 16 2018
A university internship is that university subject we are keenest to do, it opens doors to the world of work and for the first time in four years we feel truly responsible, and we put into practice all the knowledge acquired. Before you start a university internship, we recommend that you read our post; we’re going to give some recommendations so that you ace it. Shall we start?
- Be punctual: we should not say it but… it isn’t too much if we remind you: it is essential to be punctual in your work. Although it is a university internship, you have to see as if you really worked for that company, so don’t only be punctual on the first day, be punctual until the last day of your internship.
- Lunch: it could be that the first day you don’t know very well how the timetables work in that company, if they go down to lunch, if they take 10 minutes to go to take a coffee. We recommend that you take a sandwich and water just in case, but if the staff go down to lunch, do it with them, that way you will know your workmates better and you will integrate faster.
- Question: it doesn’t matter if you ask questions, and we are not in class where you can be afraid to ask, it’s real life and real problems. So before delivering a project, a job or a task, ask about everything that you’ve had doubts about. You must be efficient and do the work well; nobody is born trained and everyone can be wrong; your boss began like you, so lose your fears already, and ask.
- Be proactive: do you think that the company needs to renew its website? Create social networks? Everything new that you can provide will be positive for the company and for the view your superiors have of you. Think that they do not want problems but solutions, if you contribute solutions and they are applicable, you could be in for a future hiring. So be curious, search, read, learn… all of this will also work for you.
We recommend that you take your university internship period as if it were a real job, which it is, but your condition will be as an intern, so at first you are going to deal with smaller projects, easy and secondary jobs that, little by little, and with confidence, will go toward making more ambitious projects. We all have been through this, so we encourage thelofttowners.
May 03 2018
The reason why you will want to study abroad
We tend to see the famous in a position that intimidates us: they are those people who go on TV, attend galas, are interviewed and sometimes have the best photos on Instagram. Sometimes it seems that they are out of reach but is not like that; in fact there are many famous people that have experienced the feelings of an Erasmus. Today they are the ones who tell us what they learned and how to study abroad. Let’s begin with the list!
HOLLYWOOD COMES TO OUR BLOG
- Emma Watson: we could not start in a better way; the famous actress who played the role of Hermione in Harry Potter shares the same passion for studies as her fictional character, because she spent 18 months studying English literature and later studied a degree at England’s Oxford University.
- J.K. Rowling: and from the actress, we move on to the writer and creator of Harry Potter, who gave shape to the first edition of the book and the universe of Harry Potter with her first book, Harry Potter and Philosopher’s Stone, while giving English classes in Portugal; on the other hand she studied a university degree in French at Exeter University, England.
- Vera Wang: the fashionable designer from the United States spent some time studying at the Sorbonne, University of Paris, where she fell in love (and who does not) with French style; after working as an editor at fashion magazine Vogue, she took the big step to the design and manufacture of fashion until today she is globally known for her wedding dresses.
As you can see, to study abroad shapes people with the point of view of a future winner, enriches culturally and personally and opens the doors to what you want to be; if you decide it you can, you too can also succeed in life and we are sure that you’re going to do it. Dare to study abroad, we promise that we will look after you a lot 😉
Apr 18 2018
Living with friends is something that we have all dreamed of or even planned at some point in our life, the simple fact of sharing a home with your friends is something that excites us, we tell you why living with friends is the best you can do, since our residents live 24 hours a day surrounded by friends and good vibes and we tell you that you can also be one of them. Go ahead!
LIVE WHILE WE WERE YOUNG
- Cooking together is better: in our student residence, we have rooms with kitchen so that you can prepare yourself the menus of each day, the fact of living with friends will make this task much easier, because you can prepare some delicious menus for both of you and have a great time.
- You can share everything: and when we refer to everything we want to say everything, from clothes, confessions, movies, study, homework … life with friends is much better and our residents know what we are talking about
- You have a personal relations consultant: relationships are the daily theme among friendships, and sometimes we think of ourselves as a matchmaker and end up acting as loving counselors, other times we have to give up our shoulders to cry, but for that and for a long time more, it is better to live with friends who understand you and can advise you in these situations.
Our thelofttowners know what we are talking about, they live with friends every day and spend this wonderful stage of personal growth and formation surrounded by friends and of course we are there whenever they need us. Let’s say that during the afternoons, the common areas are filled with the life that you give us and for that reason and for much more we love you, do you want to become part of our big family? We are waiting with open arms 😉
Apr 01 2018
It sounds weird, we know it but we assure you that we have been as surprised as you, there are the most extravagant university careers, university studies and modules of two courses willing to teach subjects out of the ordinary, and as we share everything with you, we will not be less on this occasion, so go ahead post!
WHERE IS THE LIMIT?
- Ethical hacking: and we reinforce the word ethics: not all pirates have to be “bad”, we also have to have those that are “good” to counterattack attacks. They are known as ethical “hakers” and are dedicated to fixing security problems.
- Bowling technology: who do you think is responsible for the technology that orders bowling? Yes, there is a race destined to the making of the machines that are in charge of this technology and management.
- Philosophy and The Simpsons: surely we have stayed as much stone as you, yes guys, there is a module of two courses at the prestigious University of California on the campus of Berkeley, the fact that the Simpsons is studied and its philosophy is proof of the diversification that the curriculum has done for years.
- Science and technology of surfing: if you thought that nothing could beat the philosophy of the Simpsons, hold on because there are also studies to study the science related to surfing, do not get excited that you do not teach surfing, if you’re interested, it’s taught in the some of the British coastal universities such as Cronwall and Plymouth.
- Science of the turf: now if we have given in the height of the highs, if the sport is not your thing you can always have this exit, you can specialize in placing the grass on the football fields. How about? Maybe you can meet Messi …
There are many university degrees, and the important thing is that you have a good time doing them and can dedicate yourself to what you really like.
Mar 27 2018
Dear thelofttowners, today we are talking about sport for students as a way to escape the work, the university, the stress… Surely you are not aware of it, but doing sport at exam time or high-stress times does not take away time, on the contrary you’re going to get more benefits than you think.
4 ENVIABLE BENEFITS
- Let’s go to the simple one: it is a healthy, complete and very active hobby. So far, so good.
- Sport for students calms nerves, takes you away from stressful situations so that you can go more relaxed and with new energy for the challenges of the day.
- The importance of rest: it is when we sleep that we assimilate the knowledge learned during the day and it is assimilated during the night if on this day we have done sport for students; the knowledge will be assimilated better since your rest will be full and deep.
- Easier to endure long hours; do know why? Because those who are not used to exercise tend to suffer more back pain and get irritated more quickly.
- Better results: and guys, we are talking about grades, it is shown that students who do sport have more capacity for concentration; correct our posture and we will feel better.
Would you like us to give you some very good news? We have a gym and a solarium that is prepared for you, for you to do your favourite sport and get rid of the stressful situation which you are living; and as we like giving advice, let us tell you that having a daily routine of exercises will be your passport to healthy and personal university success. Shall we start? See you at the gym in an hour with the other thelofttowners 🙂
Mar 20 2018
Known worldwide as the student diet, student meals are basically canned food, prefabricated dishes and leftovers from the previous day, right? Thelofttown revolutionizes the world of student meals and offers something that you’ll want (and a lot). Does it arouse your curiosity?
WE GET AWAY FROM FAST FOOD
Just don’t say that the food in a student apartment is blessed gold; each one has their space in the fridge and THEIR food, which is not shared with anyone; and that kind of food is not usually very healthy or varied: pasta, hamburgers, pizza, biscuits and chocolates is what we find in abundance. So, what student meals will you find in a student residence? Specifically in ours: Thelofttown, because we are going to see, right?
- A buffet: take all you want and repeat whenever you wish, our buffet offers fresh, healthy, varied local produce.
- For curious palates: we offer produce from other countries in the world so that you can try everything, also our menus will vary so you’ll not always eat the same thing, but you will eat in the same way: enjoyable and balanced (and delicious).
- A high-class restaurant: Thelofttown has a dining area to make you feel comfortable to enjoy your meal, so you can arrange right away with the other thelofttowners to enjoy our fresh diets, grilled dishes, without fats, home-made desserts… Our mouths are already watering.
Future thelofttowner who is reading us, we have something to tell you: we are your next adventure in Barcelona. As a student residence we want you to become part of our family so that we can take care of you in the most important academic years of your life. Shall we start?
Mar 05 2018
We are not the same; that is the first thing we say to you, university life can change in many ways and the main thing that we change is our way of being. Hazing, parties, classes, your friends from the beginning… Shall we look together?
WE SHARE YOUR ‘ME’ AT THE BEGINNING WITH YOUR ‘ME’ OF THE LAST YEAR
- Class: your ‘ME’ of the first year is applied, answers the questions in class, participates, and sits in the first row (Yes! In the front row). Your ‘ME’ of the last year no longer knows what topic is covered in class and if one day you decide to go to class, you stay looking at the wall. Is it like that or not? 😉
- With colleagues: your ‘ME’ of the first year will want to know everyone, become friends with everyone and not rule out anyone, while your ‘ME’ of the last year already has a group of friends formed and will not interact with anyone else.
- Work: your ‘ME’ of the first year will begin super-motivated with the tasks, you’ll want to stand out and go beyond, be able to do images, creative titles, home pages at the level of an advertising festival and even add comments at the bottom of the page. While your ‘ME’ of the past year will do the work on the last day and your biggest obstacle will be the dreaded final project.
- Outfits: girls and boys, we are talking about style: your ‘ME’ of the first year will go to the university as if it were the 080, while your ‘ME’ of the last year will grab the first thing you find in the wardrobe to go ‘OK’, and if we are at exam time, forget the makeup.
Do you feel identified? We want to know what stage you find yourselves at. We hope to have brought out a small smile with this post. We love you thelofttowners.
Feb 20 2018
And that is clearly in TheLofttown! Do you know what we are talking to you about? We are not a residence, we are your residence. And we’re going to give four good reasons, which answer this question:
- Eco-consciousness: we are a new construction residence that has been built with the latest technological processes and with the least environmental impact, which makes us a fully biosustainable building, and our facilities are brand new.
- More than a residence: we create a lifestyle, our residents: the thelofttowners become a family passionate to learn, impatient for success, who live, who dream, who have high aspirations; and we have the great privilege of accompanying all and each of them on their way. We are here for you.
- A unique cuisine: under the famous Mediterranean diet we have taken our philosophy of commitment to the kitchen, so that each and every one of the foods that we serve at our buffet is 100% of organic origin, and everything that you do not eat will be sent to soup kitchens in our city.
- The facilities you need: always thinking about you and your needs, we have equipped our residence with everything you need, so you can enjoy a quiet afternoon playing or watching TV shows in our multipurpose room, studying with your group in our group rooms or relaxing quietly on our outdoor terrace. Do you like doing sport? Don’t worry: we have our own, private gym just for you 😉
What do you think: are we or are we not your residence? Where to live in Barcelona translates into two words: TheLofttown. Come see us and learn everything you want to know, also you can follow us on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Have a good day!