Nov 04 2020
We have just launched a special November promotion to our new, next Lofttowners.
By booking a room with us you can save up to 575€.
This is a limited edition, only few rooms are available.
Mar 06 2020
Preparing your trip to Barcelona is simple and beautiful. You know that soon you will travel to the Catalan capital to carry out your studies, meet new people and live a typical Erasmus experience.
That’s why in XiorLofttown we thought we’d give you a roadmap so you know, step by step, what you’re going to find. We will also give you some tips to make your stay more comfortable and practical.
We put ourselves in your situation when preparing your trip to Barcelona: from your sofa or bed reading this blog; guiding you through the steps to follow when arriving in Barcelona.
As a student you will have a wide range of opportunities and options to enjoy this wonderful city. From its beaches and mountains, through its architecture and gastronomy to its cultural variety, Barcelona is the city you chose and we are sure that you will have an unforgettable experience. Look: you can tempt yourself and choose to live here.
But enough of the preamble and let’s get to it. As a student residence in Barcelona, from XiorLofttown we tell you how to prepare your trip to the city and enjoy your Erasmus or stay as a student.
Barcelona is characterized by good weather and this is not a minor fact when preparing your trip. It’s March, and Spring begins to give its first signs. Maximum temperatures will be around 20 degrees and the minimum 13 degrees. Don’t worry as the sun will be present during the day so the feeling of warmth will be higher. You’ll arrive in perfect weather!
Already thinking about the summer, the maximums will be in the 30s. Why are we talking about this? To keep it in mind when putting together your suitcase: you can come with summer clothes and some other clothing to be a bit warmer at night.
We’ve already talked about this in another article , which we invite you to read. There you will find in detail all the recommendations for the rest of the year.
Then you already know: pack a suitcase with the beach in mind. If you like the mountains you can add specific elements for those activities.
Do you have it clear? Well, come: you arrive at your city airport, get on the plane and land in Barcelona. With your suitcase in your hand you leave El Prat and ask yourself: how do I get to the city centre? Well, read on.
How to travel from the airport
Without a doubt, when preparing your trip you should know how to get to the city centre from the airport. El Prat (Barcelona Airport) is very well connected and you have different options. Since you’re a student, and I’m sure you’ll want to spend money on other activities, we’ll tell you the most accessible.
From either of its two terminals -T1 or T2 – you can take the bus or the metro. Both services can be paid in cash.
During the day the bus that will drop you off in Plaza de España is the 46. We remind you that the Plaza is in the heart of Barcelona and, from there, it will be very easy to get around.
However, during the night, bus number 46 doesn’t run. Don’t be scared: Barcelona has everything in mind. Buses N16, N17 and N18 will deposit you in the heart of the city: in Plaza Universitat, a few steps from Plaza Catalunya.
The metro is also an option thanks to Line 9 (L9). This metro line is new and still under construction, so you’ll have to make a change once you get closer to the city. Please note that the metro provides service between 5 a.m. and 2 a.m.
Note: You can purchase a Casual or Usual card. It will be cheaper and you will have more trips for the future. Here we leave you the link with all the information. You can find the ticket vending machine at Metro stations.
The Aerobús is a service that joins Barcelona Airport to the city in 35 minutes. The cost of the ticket is €5.90 and you can pay by card, cash (€20 note max.) or make the purchase online. Here’s the link.
This service has stops at Plaza de España, Urgell, Universitat and ends at Plaza Catalunya. Inside the bus you will have free Wi-Fi service.
Places you must visit
You have arrived; at the XiorLofttown student residence in Barcelona we welcome you with open arms. You leave your bags and… now what? A little sightseeing is not bad: walking and getting acquainted with the city is a good plan.
Once you are comfortable in our student residence, you can choose to go out to visit different places of interest. XiorLofttown has a prime location within the city: everything is close by!
You can go out to know the Passeig de Gracia and visit its shops and bars. You can’t leave out going to the Sagrada Familia, a Gaudí architectural work of art that will leave you with your jaw dropped.
We also recommend you walk the streets of the district of Gracia, its squares and its cultural diversity of young people who make their social life in the streets.
Now with more time, and having known the neighbourhood, you must go for a walk through the Gothic Quarter, the Rambla, the Born, Barceloneta (its beaches and its gastronomy), and the harbour promenade.
Then… you will discover all the options that Barcelona offers you: Park Güell, the beaches of Bogatell and much more. That’s it… we leave it to you to be surprised on your own.
Getting around in Barcelona
You’ll walk a lot at first. Come on… everything is close. But then you’ll want to get about using other means.
In Barcelona you can find Bicing, the public bicycle system. To use it, you will need to meet two requirements: have a NIE or DNI, and pay €50 for the service. Don’t panic: payment is made only once and is valid for one year.
You can use the mechanical bikes for free as many times as you want; unlimited service. You will also find electric bikes. These have an additional cost of €0.35.
Finally, as mentioned above, you will be able to purchase the Usual or Casual cards. Once you choose one of them you can take any public transport service: train, metro and bus.
For more detailed information, we leave you this article on mobility in Barcelona.
Ready! You already have all the necessary information to prepare your trip to Barcelona. A roadmap for you to start imagining your student days in this beautiful Mediterranean city.
If you have any questions write to the XiorLofttown team. We will be happy to know you!
Aug 19 2019
It is a known fact that the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019 are something that is in the diary of everyone from Barcelona (and the ones who aren’t as well), and it really is one of the things that is most looked forward to in the year. To our first timers we say: is it your first time in Barcelona? Then you have to pay attention to this blog because we are going to open the doors for you to the most party, musical and fun Barcelona you have ever seen, and once you have attended the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019 you are never going to want to step again into Opium, Shoko and Pachá; we are risking ourselves with this but we know that you’re going to be delighted, we know it because we have been young too (although it doesn’t seem so now) and the moment also arrived for us to know the youngest spirit of Barcelona. We are not going to lead you on! Discover for yourself all the events that are waiting for you this summer.
La Mercè: but wasn’t the blog about the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019? Oui mon amie, but we couldn’t begin this blog without mentioning the party of parties the Tomorrowland of Barcelona; and with that, we refer to THE FESTIVAL OF LA MERCÈ and we tell you in capital letters because we don’t know any other way except for shouting. Yes dear friends, La Mercè is one of the events of the summer, specifically September, most looked forward to by everyone, and rightly so.
Apart from being the patron saint of Barcelona, the festival of La Mercè has an important reception as much for its popular and cultural atmosphere since during the day different activities take place all over Barcelona suitable for all ages, while at night the Forum, the Avenue Maria Cristina and the Bogatell Beach are filled with concerts of all types of music. Are you really going to miss it? We can only tell you musical references from last year, because this year we still don’t know who will perform, but we tell you everything if we mention Green Valley, Love of Lesbians, Dr. Calipso and la Iaia (artists from last year). This year promise yourself: pay attention to your calendar!
Fiestas of Poblenou: hold on, there are curves coming. After Llum Barcelona, Poblenou brings all the neighbours together again to celebrate its Fiesta Mayor and we believe there is no need to tell you, that you have to attend, no matter what, because it is a tradition; you will never have lived a fiesta mayor like it, and it is when neighborhood traditions come together with the best music and cultural activities that jewels like this arise.
Fiestas de Gràcia: another of the important dates that you have this summer. We are not going to detain you a lot on this topic because we told you in a previous post about plans in Barcelona and we want you to go there and note down all the plans you don’t want to miss. So everyone to that blog.
Neighborhood parties: we wanted to highlight the best known, but in general in Barcelona all the neighborhoods or districts have their annual festival, for which reason fun is assured in all its senses. It is for this reason that we don’t want to recommend only some of them; we wanted it to be you yourself who discovers all of them according to the events that are held, as you may be interested in some more than others.
Ready? We believe that you already are, and for our veterans, if you have already spent a summer with us you already know what we are talking about, so we ask you to go with the more recent members of our big family so that they too know what it is to enjoy the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019.
Now we have to adopt a little bit the role of parents; yes we’re sorry, but as we have already told you we look after you as if we were your parents so you’re going to hear the speech twice. Be careful, please, it’s possible to go out to party and enjoy to the maximum the events in Barcelona this summer responsibly. By this we mean to say: be careful with drink, don’t lose sight of your group of friends; although you know Barcelona, there are a lot of people about during these festivals so it’s not difficult to get lost and sometimes the mobile phone coverage doesn’t work well. For this reason we recommend previously arranging a meeting point with your group of friends in a way that if someone gets lost they can go there to meet up again with all the group (the idea is that you go there too); look after your belongings and don’t carry anything of value on you as the pickpockets are expert thieves. Better to leave them in the residence where we will look after them very well. Understood?
This said, we give you free rein to enjoy to the maximum these parties, all the events and we hope you squeeze the maximum out of your stay with us in our university residence in Barcelona.
Jul 22 2019
Where to eat and be happy makes sense, and we don’t only have delightful rooftop terraces in Barcelona to go out and have a drink; and we’re going to show you.
Terraces Barcelona, two words which cover so very much: on the one hand the unique lifestyle, and on the other the opportunity to get to know gastronomic Barcelona within an almost impossible atmosphere.
With the arrival of the good weather you feel like eating out, it’s like that, but literally out, in the street. And as your wish is our command, this is exactly what we are going to do, but guys, you already know us. We are not going to present to you whatever Barcelona terrace, no, we’re going to present the best restaurants with terrace in Barcelona from within.
Let’s start from the secret, and what we are suggesting are those interior Barcelona terraces, those which escape from the city noise and promise (and fulfil) unique experiences. As of now we’ll tell you that we are going to present for all tastes, from more exclusive terraces to others ideal to have a good time with friends, enjoying a delicious economical set menu. Is your mouth watering? Ours is, we are not going to delay any more in presenting the best Barcelona terraces. We’ll tell you something before we present the best Barcelona terraces. Remember that we love you very much, because you are not going to forgive us for not having told you before (sorry).
WE GO TO THE TERRACES
First stop, Brummel Kitchen: where are the hipsters of our student residence? Let them show themselves. In the heart of Poble Sec is hidden your interior Barcelona terrace that you dreamed about. And it is the obligatory stop because of its obvious reasons: simple, minimalist, photogenic (amen to our posing); you don’t feel like anything is out of place. Certainly it will end up becoming one of your favourite places for the moment, and it won’t only be because they serve one of the most exquisite brunches in the area, no. And the neighbours? My beloved friends, this jewel of a place has a truce with the neighbours of Palo Cortao, it is a good sign. We’ll tell you something else: we know that you love our buffet at midday, that the food is the best in the whole wide world, and nothing could be better, we know, but for one day (not more as we miss you) we’ll let you go to enjoy its midday set menu for €12.50. We approve, we have to confess. This precious Barcelona terrace is to be found at Nou de la Rambla 174.
Second stop, Casa Bonay: pay attention as this Barcelona terrace comes with a surprise. You know it, or at least it rings a bell that you’ve heard it spoken about. Well yes, it’s a hotel, but like all good hotels, it has a terrace to be reconciled with the peace of urban life, which also exists, you only have to look up and go up a few floors (minimum 9). We’ll tell you that this is one of the best Barcelona terraces where you can enjoy a private space, where the food is heavenly. But… we’ve already told you that it comes with a surprise, if the Barcelona street is not your thing, let us tell you that we’ll move this atmosphere to the beach. It’s a joke, we would do it for you but in this case we have already been overtaken.
This marine experience is called Casa Bonay Goes to Sea (original? Not a lot) we simply move the idea of private space and the exclusivity of the food to the sea but we add an extra touch. The menu is prepared by Estanislao Carenzo himself of the Elephant Crocodile and Monkey, ta-da!
To enjoy this so extremely incredible experience we tell you to hurry up since Casa Bonay only organises outings in May, July and September on board the Narinan, Kenneth Perdigon’s sailboat (yes, baby), for a maximum of six people. The price? € 145 per person but for once in a lifetime it’s really worth it.
Third stop, Marea Baja: aha, no we’re not going to the beach, we are sorry if we are really making you want to go to the beach to eat. Guilty! We’ll tell you that Marea Baja has nothing to envy of its big brother, Marea Alta. We find ourselves on the lower floor where it gives competition. It offers a menu of Finger food (with oysters included) where you can enjoy a wide menu of cocktails, sangrias, and you can even appreciate the presence of binoculars. Are you up for it? We are 😉
Fourth stop, the terrace of the Cercle: we are leaving the beach to present another of our selection of restaurants with terrace in Barcelona, and in this case we are going to none other than the Cercle Artístic de Barcelona, which has become a Barcelona basic that you must visit no matter what. We’ll tell you that for many years there have been a lot of questions about how to get into such an appealing terrace that opens onto Portal del Àngel. In its interior we will be able to enjoy a delicious set menu of Mediterranean food (two courses and desert) full of love, but we will also have the option to taste dishes of Japanese cuisine, ask for a cocktail, some tapas and, above all, enjoy the character of being in a five-century-old building. Touché.
We’ll put a full stop to our selection of Barcelona terraces. Why? Because we are going to be sharing them with you little by little. For the moment enjoy these, there are many more to come. We love you!
Jun 26 2019
Summer has arrived (yes!!!) and the best summer plans in Barcelona have landed on our blog.
And we are sure that you want to know them, because you are part of our great family, because this summer you deserve to know all the plans that are brewing in Barcelona (and there’s a whole load of them); because if there is something truly great that this city has, it is that the lifestyle and the events are something really the order of the day, and because you are a thelofttowner and we know that you’re very interested in this.
So far, so good; now we’ll leave you for a few minutes to get your diary and make a note or make a whatsapp list for all your group of friends, or so that you can refresh your memory about how to make screenshots. Ready? Then on with it!
Agenda of the 4 events that you have to do in Barcelona this summer
Open-air cinema (Cinema a la fresca)
Maybe it rings a bell, and it’s because it’s one of the events that we most recommend and we most like. We believe it’s a perfect way to socialise with other groups of the same age, get to know new friends and enjoy a movie in the open air. In one of the most emblematic places in Barcelona, on Montjuic. We recommend that you go up on the Montjuic cable car to enjoy the views of the city. Don’t you think it’s a great plan? Note it down or send it by whatsapp right now so that you can be letting your friends know to reserve the day.
We’ve come very high with the term. A Rooftop bar or a rooftop terrace are those emblematic places in Barcelona where the views are joined together with a cocktail. Now that you know, surprise your friends with a special plan going on a “chilled” day to have a drink before or after going out for dinner. What’s special about it? You’ll be able to see the sunset from a privileged viewpoint; you will have the opportunity to see Barcelona from another point of view which you had never seen before. And to make the experience even better, we are sharing with you the names of some of the best Rooftop bars:
- Hotel Barceló Raval: we are talking about THE terrace, and we say it is THE terrace because it’s the only one in Barcelona where the views are the widest. It’s open every day, but the plan that we recommend is that you go on Sundays for a light brunch with dj. By day, as much as by night, we are waiting for you on this beautiful terrace.
- Hotel Mandarin: a unique terrace in the middle of the emblematic Paseo de Gracia. We can say that it is an option for special occasions, given that its price isn’t emblematic. But if you want to be the best friend in the whole wide world, you have to invite the birthday boy or birthday girl to enjoy this experience.
- El Terrat: it is a unique terrace due to its location, given that it is at the foot of the Agbar tower. You’ll be able to enjoy a cocktail lying down on one of the terrace deck chairs while you think about how wonderful life is in Barcelona, and how the summer plans in Barcelona that The Lofttown is sharing with you are ideal.
Well, well, there is a beach here
We know that you have walked on it, got fed up with being toasted by the sun (hey! Solar protection SPF 50+ please) but do you believe that we would share with you something that you’ve already done? If you answer that there is no PlayStation for you today, what we want to share with you are some of the water activities that Barcelona has; and what there is to do in summer cannot be only reduced to beach + sun + ice creams. You can get about on the beach.
Let’s go diving, paddle surfing, what about a boat ride? How you like our plans! Hey, you only have to note down each and every one of these options to enjoy the summer like you’ve never done before.
The Gracia Festival
Ta-da! Our fourth option, but no less important, is a bit of a party. You know it, I know it, going out to party and so on isn’t a bad thing (as long as you always do it with your head and in a responsible manner; I’m sorry but we have to adopt the role of parents), so what we don’t want you to do is miss a great plan this summer, and the Gracia Festival is it.
The streets of this neighbourhood get filled with life thanks to the work of the neighbours who decorate each and every one of the streets with different themes in a way that creates elements of fantasy with recycled products; and as a student residence in Barcelona responsible about the environment as we are, we couldn’t enjoy ourselves more.
During the night Gracia becomes the main stage for concerts by the most iconic groups. We are going to put it in capital letters just in case you haven’t got it clear: YOU CANNOT MISS IT. The Gracia Festival is held in August, this way in the middle of the month when everyone goes away you have a definite appointment in Barcelona. You’re already taking too long to note it down in your calendar.
All ready? We’ll leave you a summary if you want to take a screenshot of the 4 most outstanding plans of this summer that you cannot miss under any circumstances; and no, a hangover is not an excuse:
- Open-air cinema: 20 June 2019
- Rooftop bar: All day, all night
- Water activities – All day, all night or, 24/7, which is the same thing
- Gracia Festival – 15 August 2019
Now, do you think that we have left out any plan? Share it in the comments! It is the best way for the other thelofttowners to be able to make a note of more plans than those we have shared with you.
You may also be interested in:
Jan 30 2019
Keep learning while you disconnect. How? Discover with us the best series to learn English.
We’ll warn you now so that you won’t have any surprises. Yes, we are a student residence, but so that you can see that we are distinct and offer things that you had never thought about, we are going to offer you some of the best series to learn English and which, in addition, you going to be able to see in our polyvalent room, my friend. No, you are not dreaming, no; we are real. We are The Lofttown.
We won’t fool ourselves, we have all been students, us first, and for that reason we know what you’re like and how we can help. When you hear that university is the best period in your life, believe us, it is. That’s why we know that it’s not 100% studying, but you also need moments for yourselves to disconnect and to have a little peace in your mind. But so that you can also see that we are concerned about your learning and your personal growth, we are going to suggest how you can have this moment of relaxation but without giving up learning for a moment. Could this be possible? Do Netflix or HBO ring a bell? We have no doubt that you know them. How would it seem to you if we tell you that this is the tool that you need? Sure, you are now beginning to think that we are a distinct student residence. Guys, Netflix has opened many doors and the door of knowledge and learning is one of those.
TO BEGIN WITH VOCABULARY
So we are going to give you a list of the best series to learn English and which, of course, you will be able to enjoy in our installations with your new friends lofttowners:
- Friends: we couldn’t start our list in any other way. It is the American series par excellence. You know it, right? Of course you do. Well now it is we who tell you that you can keep watching it and it is a perfect series to improve your English level; as much for the vocabulary as for the theme it is ideal to learn the language. And we get a few laughs on the way.
- How I met your mother: if we had to begin our list with Friends, we have to continue with another series. Another American series par excellence. We can even dare to tell you that you won’t need the subtitles to follow the plot, since the simple and daily language turn it into one of the best series to learn English. Learn and laugh at the same time! (We are undeniable fans of Barney).
- Modern family: for sure many of you were already missing it from the list. Another of the American series par excellence and one of the most followed. And you will learn English as well as having a good time. What more could you ask for?
We have already warned you, take it easy, you haven’t jumped a page, we continue being your student residence in Barcelona although we are talking about series, and for that reason what is important for us and what we value is that our students feel the total freedom to do what they like in our installations.
Thelofttowner, don’t be bashful, we know the boom that series have had among you recently, and the great blessing your premium subscription to Netflix or HBO has proved to be.
LET’S MOVE ON TO IMPORTANT MATTERS
If you are already at an advanced level or if you have already seen these series, we suggest other series to learn English so that you can give your level an upgrade.
- Downton Abbey: for those of you who think you already have an intermediate level, this series will put you to the test. It is one of the best series to learn English, pure British, since the accents of the actors are the best. And in addition, you going to be able to learn both the old language of high society as well as that of popular society. Do you dare? You will be a complete Gentleman.
- Sherlock: another indispensable series which has to appear no matter what on your list of “recommended for you”, and cannot be any less. The main actors have an excellent British accent, as well as a very complete vocabulary. And you’re going to get all this while you enjoy how the mysteries and adventures are being resolved.
- Peaky Blinders: we recommend it to you emphatically. You’re going to listen to so many British and Irish accents, and this together with mainly informal language is going to put you to the test. Do you accept the challenge?
- House of cards: this is about polite and political vocabulary;) if you are a lover of politics, without doubt this is your series.
- Black Mirror: AMEN GUYS, the revolution of revolutions has arrived and if we are in love with the series, the movie has now arrived, a complete revolution in the cinematographic field and the experience and interaction of the user, but that’s another topic. When the publicity of the 80s and a good narrative come together, jewels like this arise, you can’t leave it pending to see, we won’t forgive you for that.
- Prison Break: don’t go! Here you have your favorite series. The characters have a good accent and the dialogues are short, which will help you to understand better what is going on in the plot. Furthermore, you are going to learn specific vocabulary, and hey, you’re going to love it.
- Breaking Bad: right now you are thinking why we have left the best to the last. Maybe so that you stay with us a bit longer. The accent, the pronunciation and the way of speaking of the main actor are going to allow you to learn a lot of vocabulary and follow the thread of the plot with relative facility.
Perhaps you are reading the post and you think that we haven’t given even one you like and you don’t like any of the ones we have suggested (something that we don’t believe because there are a couple that are not so bad). But everything can be, since with the infinity of series that there is, it is difficult that everyone likes all of them. But we are not worried about that, since we are sure that you know other best series to learn English and you will understand that these are only some ideas that we are giving you.
Do you think it strange that a student residence talks to you about these things? We like to do the unusual because we know that we offer what you need. Without doubt it is the perfect place to take your studies to the maximum level, since we have totally custom-made study areas. But we also know that you won’t be studying 24 hours a day. Yes, sorry, we know it. And it’s for that reason we are giving you some ideas about what you can do in those moments that you are not studying (which for sure are few) to allow you to relax and go forward.
We also know that you are now thinking that this is what the others say, and it is what we have to say so that you come with us. Well you are very wrong my friends, we love you with all our heart.
Why turn your university stay into a routine? Don’t limit yourself to spending the best time of your life in simple student accommodation.Take advantage of it!
You may also be interested in:
Dec 20 2018
To all you vegan guys, we tell you that there are vegan restaurants in Barcelona full of deli food that are waiting for you with open arms.
We present the vegan restaurants Barcelona that your carnivorous friends will want to sink their teeth into ;). It’s always the same, you go out with your friends (the great majority of whom eat meat) and you always have to ask for something “special”; for them to take the chicken off the yakisoba and substitute it for you with onion, you don’t want them to give you barbecue sauce, you want them to take away the egg and give you avocado… And everyone looks at you this way, thinking “this is vegan with its modifications”. It is time for you to stand firm and say no, that you too want to eat calmly without modifications of the menu; so, our object of today is to present a long list of vegan restaurants and vegan hamburgers Barcelona which you won’t have to convince your friends about, as they will want to have seconds without thinking twice. It sounds good, right? Let’s get to it!
RESERVE YOUR NEXT TABLE IN THESE VEGAN RESTAURANTS BARCELONA
All and each of them promise a faithful relation with healthy food, without animals and a strong commitment for the environment, which makes them some restaurants worthy to admire.
- Vegetalia: a mix between the vegetarian and Italian, so the name already gives us some clues. We’re talking about a restaurant of Italian cuisine with vegetarian and vegan cuisine. They love people and for €20 you will be able to taste abundant dishes of authentic healthy food, you will find it in the Gothic quarter. BIENVENUTTI
- Sopa Barcelona: another vegan restaurant that is defined by its name, in all and each one of eight set menus there appears a plate of soup cooked over a slow fire and with totally healthy ingredients. Healthy? Wasn’t it vegan? I see that you are attentive my dear Watson, well yes, we’re talking about a “healthy food” restaurant which gets a bit absent-minded; well that’s how they define themselves, healthy food, but all the dishes prepared are so they are totally vegan, an experience facing the sea that you cannot miss. We tell you that your friends are going to lose their keenness to order a plate of calamari or fried baby cuttlefish.
- Vegetart: for lovers of the orthodox, there is your fetish place, a place in which yes, the potato tortilla was your favourite dish and you can continue enjoying it, and with chorizo. Maybe this seems a bad joke but it’s nothing of the kind. Made with two types of flour and with a bonus of seitan chorizo, this tortilla won the prize in the best vegan magazine, in the magazine Anima Naturalis, so to lovers of tortillas and orthodox, we say to you that your RESTAURANT, in capital letters, has arrived in the city. And furthermore at midday you will be able to enjoy an excellent set menu to take away, which costs no more than four Euros, seems unreal, right? Well it is as real as us calling ourselves TheLofttown.
- Veganoteca: we present to you something a little different, concerning a store of 100% vegan, vegetarian, organic and fair trade products; the store of 1000 wonders, wow! Apart from all this, it is also the perfect shop for all of those who have some type of intolerance, whether to egg, or to lactose, or simply for those people who want to look after themselves with a diet low in fat. It is ideal for you and you know it.
Now that we have shared with you some of the secrets of the most valued vegan restaurants, we want to remind you that we, as one of the university residences Barcelona most committed to the environment and sustainable, maintain a firm commitment to the organic label, everything which helps our students and furthermore does not harm the environment is welcomed by us and we have to explain a secret to you.
Since the first pillars were established in TheLofttown we can assure that we build our bases with totally organic elements, respecting the environment, we decorate our student residence so that it is modern but with a touch more, we fill it with green, plants which give life, organic in the dining room, games and study rooms completely climate controlled, we use cleaning products totally respectful of the environment and, you know something else? The curtains that you have in your bedroom renew the air, yes, that’s right, we’re talking about an advanced German technology that is already being used in hospitals around the world; as ever we want to go one step further and offer you only the best, we wanted you to have these curtains so that the air in your bedroom is renewed every day even though the window is closed. It’s something that turns out to be very comfortable during the winter since the window is usually opened less and the need for fresh air is indisputable. Another of our great advantages is the extreme security of the student residence, since only authorised students can enter the bedrooms area using their fingerprint, and this way we assure you of the maximum security in each and every of the bedrooms, it only remains for you to enjoy to the max your stay, which we know for sure you will.
Another of the great things that we do and makes us feel proud is our organic buffet, we have a wide variety of local produce which day by day offer the most delicious dishes. One of our great attractions, and which our students love, is our thematic dinners and meals and, the thing is, maybe we decide that it is Mexico day and our entire buffet offers Mexican food, or we can do an oriental dinner or a barbecue …. You will be discovering all of this during the length of your stay; we don’t want to reveal any more (neither do we want to tell you that we already have available VR glasses for Play Station).
What do you think about everything we have told you? We are more than sure that your stay in TheLofttown is going to be one (to not say the best) experience that you are going to live during your university time, as much if you are going to study a degree like a master’s we tell you that your place of residence is to be found in TheLofttown, and we are waiting for you with open arms.
Come in to be part of the best community! We are waiting for you, thelofttownerJ
Sep 13 2018
Hello! Are you looking for an Erasmus student residence Barcelona for this next year? Hey, then you’ve arrived at the right place, maybe it was fate. Do you believe in fate? What we believe is that if you have a good time reading this post, imagine how you’re going to spend your time if you decide that we are your Erasmus student residence Barcelona. We won’t make you wait any more; for sure you have entered here to know the things that you have to take into account when choosing a student residence to study. It is very important and you should not choose the first one you see, because your academic day to day will develop accompanied by the atmosphere of the Erasmus student residence Barcelona. Do you remember when you had to choose your degree? In this case, no way will test you so that you can gain entrance, the only thing we will do, will be to give you some (good) reasons so that we may be your next best friends and even family. What do you think? We won’t make you wait any more, discover it yourself 😉 on with the post!
Grab pen and paper, or print this sheet (what you prefer) and make notes of what an Erasmus accommodation Barcelona must have. Let’s make a checklist, it will be fun.
- Cuisine: it is said that a person falls in love because of the food, well we are telling you now that we are going to be your Romeo and you our Juliet (or vice versa); our residents enjoy Mediterranean cuisine of local organic produce. In fact we organize excursions to farms where we buy the raw ingredients. At certain indicated times of the year we do special welcome or farewell dinners, last year we did a barbecue to bid farewell to all our residents until next year. And to get away a little from the routine, we do themed dinners; for example we have a Mexican dinner, a Japanese dinner, Spanish… and at Christmas… we do the Secret Santa! The food becomes something special for a family, it is the moment that we all get together to explain how our day went or our concerns about exams. Like the big family that we believe ourselves to be, as you can expect, dinners or lunches are always one of the most important moments of our day to day and, do you know what? We want you to become part of them.
- Rooms: for a long period of time they will be your refuge so what you have to take account about them is: ventilation, natural light, location, mattresses (very important for relaxation) and, well, then there is the decoration but it now depends most on you. Would you like us to tell you a secret? We have rooms with kitchen and terrace; it is like the dressing room that every woman wants to have but a little better since they come to be the little flat everyone dreams about but without giving up friends, because you have them in the same room or in the room next door. Living with friends in the best way possible! And also you don’t have to worry about anything, our room service will take care to clean it and give you clean sheets each week.
- Outdoor areas: very, very important so you can get away a bit from your studies and enjoy your free time with other residents, we guarantee that you will end up as a family because we have seen it before.
What else can we tell you? Nor do we want to reveal all our secrets to you until you come and try our VR glasses 😉
Come and be part of the best community of students in Barcelona .
Aug 27 2018
What is NEAT, some of you may ask? Well, NEAT is Not-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, known to many of you as “I’ve thinned out without doing any sport”, understanding sport as a physical activity that is sustained over time, (how professional that sounds). Let’s get to the point: so, we know NEAT as those activities within our routine that make us lose weight. And today we are going to see what can help us activate NEAT. Why? Because we care about your health.
WE GET OUT OF THE ARMCHAIR, CHAIR OR BED
So, all the activities that we do, like, for example, climbing stairs, washing the car, taking the dog for a walk, are activities that activate NEAT; but this does not end here, we have more things to say.
Physical inactivity is one of the leading causes of heart problems, diabetes, hypertension, obesity and cancer. Having said that, we are going to see how we can improve these parameters.
- Walking 10,000 steps a day: experts have shown that walking between 8,000 and 10,000 steps is healthy, because that person is considered as moderately active; obviously the more you walk, so much the better. So, all of you download an application that has your daily steps and the recommended physical activity. And if what you want is to do sport… we have a gym and a solarium more than prepared to accompany your training routine.
- At the office: for all our thelofttowners who are working in an office this summer, we recommend that you get up once each hour, so not only will you be activating NEAT but you can rest your vision and improve circulation in your legs.
- Use the stairs: instead of the elevator; even if you believe that it is nonsense, we assure you that those steps you take to walk up the stairs will do you a lot of good during all your routine.
Have you got it all down? Believe us, that as student housing we are always looking for the best for you. It is for that reason that we investigate trends to always bring you the latest. Let’s all activate NEAT!
Aug 20 2018
We cannot say no when it comes to erasmus trips, seeing the world as we learn things from it and we train ourselves as future professionals; it is a concern that many of us have and we want to dive into the deep end to see the world. Well done! If not now, never. So for all those who still have doubts what to do, which erasmus trips may interest you most, or in which cities you want to live during your formative years… we leave a small compilation of best sellers of cities for your educational trips. Let’s get to it!
THE CORNERS OF THE WORLD THAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW
- Miami: it is impossible that the word beach doesn’t come to mind hearing Miami, and who has not dreamed of going there? Few cities in the world can compete with Miami when it comes to summer: the combination of beach, long days and crazy parties create the perfect cocktail to make it one of the favourite destination places for Erasmus trips. Right?
- Paris: the city of love, and where you can get lost among the big streets and tall buildings that make you feel in some way very small; it is a good time for fans of The Da Vinci Code, for example, to go to visit the Louvre Museum, climb the Eiffel Tower, go on a boat trip along the Seine and start to practice French; because another language on your record is never a bad thing.
- Barcelona: as if we were going to forget our beloved city! Last month we talked about the reason to come for Erasmus trips Barcelona, it will be a pleasant experience for you all, so we won’t go on any more; we just want to remind you that we are the student residence in Barcelona with the best community, and we await you with open arms.
You’re thinking about it twice, right? Don’t think any more and enjoy your Erasmus trips today.