Sep 13 2018
Hello! Are you looking for an Erasmus student residence Barcelona for this next year? Hey, then you’ve arrived at the right place, maybe it was fate. Do you believe in fate? What we believe is that if you have a good time reading this post, imagine how you’re going to spend your time if you decide that we are your Erasmus student residence Barcelona. We won’t make you wait any more; for sure you have entered here to know the things that you have to take into account when choosing a student residence to study. It is very important and you should not choose the first one you see, because your academic day to day will develop accompanied by the atmosphere of the Erasmus student residence Barcelona. Do you remember when you had to choose your degree? In this case, no way will test you so that you can gain entrance, the only thing we will do, will be to give you some (good) reasons so that we may be your next best friends and even family. What do you think? We won’t make you wait any more, discover it yourself 😉 on with the post!
Grab pen and paper, or print this sheet (what you prefer) and make notes of what an Erasmus accommodation Barcelona must have. Let’s make a checklist, it will be fun.
- Cuisine: it is said that a person falls in love because of the food, well we are telling you now that we are going to be your Romeo and you our Juliet (or vice versa); our residents enjoy Mediterranean cuisine of local organic produce. In fact we organize excursions to farms where we buy the raw ingredients. At certain indicated times of the year we do special welcome or farewell dinners, last year we did a barbecue to bid farewell to all our residents until next year. And to get away a little from the routine, we do themed dinners; for example we have a Mexican dinner, a Japanese dinner, Spanish… and at Christmas… we do the Secret Santa! The food becomes something special for a family, it is the moment that we all get together to explain how our day went or our concerns about exams. Like the big family that we believe ourselves to be, as you can expect, dinners or lunches are always one of the most important moments of our day to day and, do you know what? We want you to become part of them.
- Rooms: for a long period of time they will be your refuge so what you have to take account about them is: ventilation, natural light, location, mattresses (very important for relaxation) and, well, then there is the decoration but it now depends most on you. Would you like us to tell you a secret? We have rooms with kitchen and terrace; it is like the dressing room that every woman wants to have but a little better since they come to be the little flat everyone dreams about but without giving up friends, because you have them in the same room or in the room next door. Living with friends in the best way possible! And also you don’t have to worry about anything, our room service will take care to clean it and give you clean sheets each week.
- Outdoor areas: very, very important so you can get away a bit from your studies and enjoy your free time with other residents, we guarantee that you will end up as a family because we have seen it before.
What else can we tell you? Nor do we want to reveal all our secrets to you until you come and try our VR glasses 😉
Come and be part of the best community of students in Barcelona .
Aug 27 2018
What is NEAT, some of you may ask? Well, NEAT is Not-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, known to many of you as “I’ve thinned out without doing any sport”, understanding sport as a physical activity that is sustained over time, (how professional that sounds). Let’s get to the point: so, we know NEAT as those activities within our routine that make us lose weight. And today we are going to see what can help us activate NEAT. Why? Because we care about your health.
WE GET OUT OF THE ARMCHAIR, CHAIR OR BED
So, all the activities that we do, like, for example, climbing stairs, washing the car, taking the dog for a walk, are activities that activate NEAT; but this does not end here, we have more things to say.
Physical inactivity is one of the leading causes of heart problems, diabetes, hypertension, obesity and cancer. Having said that, we are going to see how we can improve these parameters.
- Walking 10,000 steps a day: experts have shown that walking between 8,000 and 10,000 steps is healthy, because that person is considered as moderately active; obviously the more you walk, so much the better. So, all of you download an application that has your daily steps and the recommended physical activity. And if what you want is to do sport… we have a gym and a solarium more than prepared to accompany your training routine.
- At the office: for all our thelofttowners who are working in an office this summer, we recommend that you get up once each hour, so not only will you be activating NEAT but you can rest your vision and improve circulation in your legs.
- Use the stairs: instead of the elevator; even if you believe that it is nonsense, we assure you that those steps you take to walk up the stairs will do you a lot of good during all your routine.
Have you got it all down? Believe us, that as student housing we are always looking for the best for you. It is for that reason that we investigate trends to always bring you the latest. Let’s all activate NEAT!
Aug 20 2018
We cannot say no when it comes to erasmus trips, seeing the world as we learn things from it and we train ourselves as future professionals; it is a concern that many of us have and we want to dive into the deep end to see the world. Well done! If not now, never. So for all those who still have doubts what to do, which erasmus trips may interest you most, or in which cities you want to live during your formative years… we leave a small compilation of best sellers of cities for your educational trips. Let’s get to it!
THE CORNERS OF THE WORLD THAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW
- Miami: it is impossible that the word beach doesn’t come to mind hearing Miami, and who has not dreamed of going there? Few cities in the world can compete with Miami when it comes to summer: the combination of beach, long days and crazy parties create the perfect cocktail to make it one of the favourite destination places for Erasmus trips. Right?
- Paris: the city of love, and where you can get lost among the big streets and tall buildings that make you feel in some way very small; it is a good time for fans of The Da Vinci Code, for example, to go to visit the Louvre Museum, climb the Eiffel Tower, go on a boat trip along the Seine and start to practice French; because another language on your record is never a bad thing.
- Barcelona: as if we were going to forget our beloved city! Last month we talked about the reason to come for Erasmus trips Barcelona, it will be a pleasant experience for you all, so we won’t go on any more; we just want to remind you that we are the student residence in Barcelona with the best community, and we await you with open arms.
You’re thinking about it twice, right? Don’t think any more and enjoy your Erasmus trips today.
Jul 26 2018
Do you really know the best Costa Brava towns ? Thelofttowners, today we will share with you one of those posts that you like so much, in which we give tips of the best places to enjoy your stay in Barcelona 24/7. Are you up for finding out which are the best Costa Brava towns? We assure you that will you love them.
THIS IS ABOUT TOWNS
- Pals: one of the Costa Brava towns with the most charm; so far it has kept its medieval essence, being a walled town. Travelling to Pals is like travelling in time, and it is for this reason that we share with you this beautiful town so you can enjoy it as it is.
- Calella de Palafrugell: better known as the town in which, every year, there takes place the Cap Roig Festival, where the likes of Elton John, Antonio Orozco, David Bisbal, Jason Derulo, among others, have left their mark. If what you want is to enjoy good music and dream beaches, you cannot let the opportunity pass by to visit this beautiful town on the Costa Brava.
- Figueres: birthplace of surrealist artist Salvador Dalí, known worldwide for his extravagant moustache and his iconic paintings, including one of the most famous: Melting Clocks. If you want to know what inspired this artist you have to visit this beautiful town on the Costa Brava, and if you feel passion for this famous painter and sculptor, you can visit the museum.
What do you think of our choice? We know that you’ve been waiting for us to share with you the best Costa Brava towns so… here you have them! It is time to take your towel, your sun cream and your friends, and go to enjoy the best summer of your life. We, as a Barcelona students’ residence, will be waiting for you to come back with open arms.
Jul 20 2018
Barcelona is one of the most popular Erasmus summer school destinations, and it is not for nothing: we are the city with more lifestyle, tourism, activities, leisure, culture, and good weather (we could be here for days like that) that you will find. For that reason and for everything else that you will discover in this post, we say to you that if you are checking out Barcelona to come for Erasmus summer school, you have to check out the ground where you might find yourself, and we tell it to you in our post 🙂
SET LIST OF THINGS TO DO IN BARCELONA
- Beaches: in August we will share with you a post about the best beaches in Barcelona, so we will not go into this subject too much, but I can say that in Barcelona there are coves and beautiful places where you can meet with your friends from the Erasmus summer school to enjoy the best paellas in Barcelona; if this topic interests you… stay tuned to the blog in August where we’ll talk about the best beaches in Barcelona.
- Entertainment: of course, the culture of Gaudí and modernism that characterize some of the highlights of Barcelona overrun the city most linked to Catalan culture; enjoy Erasmus Barcelona photographing the Sagrada Familia, taking a selfie in the Casa Batlló, walking in the corridors of la Pedrera, enjoying the shade of the trees of Parc Güell or going up to Montjuic, where the magic fountain waits to give you its water and light show.
- Activities: we are talking about skating with in-line skates along the promenade, renting bicycles to enjoy Barcelona on a ride, visiting the aquarium to learn about marine fauna, going to the Columbus statue to have a bird’s eye view of the city, visiting the only museum in the world where you can find all the celebs in wax and bone (we are talking about the Barcelona wax museum)… in every corner of Barcelona there are things to do, and this is what our Erasmus summer school students most like.
You can be one of them; are you up for it? We will waiting for you in our Students residence in Barcelona
Jul 11 2018
Gastro sites become fashionable; where to eat in Barcelona:
Do you really know where to eat in Barcelona? We will tell you something, you can’t say you know Barcelona like the palm of your hand if you haven’t been to eat at one of these places we are going to tell you about next, they are the places where to eat in Barcelona that you should already know. Is that so? We found them
Barcelona shows its most gastro and healthy side
Do you think that we had forgotten the healthy part? No guys, your health is paramount to us. On with healthy options!
- MarketCuina Fresca: as you might expect, we start the selection with a healthy, and at the same time organic, option: fresh-daily market produce to eat in Barcelona, an experience beyond limits. The menu is composed of 80% vegetables and 20% meat, and it goes without saying that the menu products are fresh every day.
- Idil·lic: it could not be more idyllic, it is a gastro space offering only organic products and most importantly: no sugar. The sugar in our body becomes like a silent health villain: a sweet temptation we must not fall into. If you want to know all about the sweets of idil·lic, you have it easy, go spend the afternoon with friends enjoying the delicious experience of its secret cakes. Say no more!
- Woki Organic Market: an incredible gastro experience with an unbeatable atmosphere, as if it were a real market. This option located in Barcelona raises the bar of where to eat in Barcelona to another level. We cannot tell you more; you have to try it with your own palate.
Hasn’t it made it your mouth water? Go and try them, and then tell us 😉
Jul 04 2018
Well, thelofttowners, we are going to that subject which interests you, where to go out partying in Barcelona; we know that as students you have to enjoy your nightlife, and going out to dinner and for a drink is fine, but sometimes you want to dance a bit, right? So here we are to bring you the places where to go out partying in Barcelona and have a great time. Let’s do this!
WHAT THE NIGHT HAS IN STORE
- Barceloneta: it is a very good choice if you are looking for nightlife and going for a drink. In Barceloneta you will find famous restaurants by day, pubs by night with direct access to the beach. One of these most famous places is Opium: among other artists, it has been the place of performance for David Guetta. There are also other options such as Shoko, Soho, Pachá and Carpe Diem.
- Sala Razzmataz: the mythical concert hall of Barcelona, next to Glories, you can find this place offering live music from time to time… On this stage, artists as big as Niall Horan or Coldplay have performed… You cannot miss it.
- Sala Apolo: another mythic concert hall and disco that you have to know if you are looking for where to go out partying in Barcelona. You cannot miss the NastyMondays; I do not want to reveal anything, discover it yourself 😉
Well well, thelofttowners, it is time to make the most of your summer with us. That is why we always offer what you need at any time. It is time to have fun with your friends and live the nightlife of Barcelona. It is not too much to say: please be responsible at all times, your safety is paramount.
Jun 22 2018
Survival manual on what to take to a university hall of residence.
What to take to a university hall of residence: one of the most important times is beginning for you, both personally and professionally, an era full of experiences, knowledge and new sensations. How we can help you start this experience on a good footing? Well, packing our bags together and sharing with you everything that you wouldn’t have got round to thinking of.
THE MUST HAVES
- Take some earphones: you will have checked your earphones, and sure you will take them with you, but it is not too much to take another set; you know, headphones tend to be objects that get lost easily, forgotten and break easily; and in a situation where you need to listen to music, no matter what, that extra set is going to be very useful.
- Sewing Kit: maybe you have started to laugh, but a sewing kit is really useful: a sewing needle, black thread, and some replacement buttons will save your life in some situations.
- Clothes pins: very, very convenient; if you wash your clothes by hand you have to hang them to dry. So save yourself the embarrassment of going out to buy simple clothes pins.
- Something from home: we all know what it feels like the first time you leave home (for a long period); at the beginning it is really exciting to start in a new place with new people, but it is when some months begin to pass that you feel disoriented and your room doesn’t feel like it is yours. So that your roots go with you from the beginning to the end of your trip, we recommend that you take something from home to make your room more comfortable for you.
Welcome home thelofttowner
Jun 14 2018
Are you new in town?
Sometimes living abroad becomes overwhelming, especially the first months: the culture shock, a new town that you don’t know, maybe a language that you don’t master. These are facts that make you feel out of place a little. So that does not happen, we share with you the essential keys you have to strictly follow so that you can enjoy your experience from day one.
EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO DO
- Friends: we need to be in company, to have someone to talk to and strike up a friendship with, so your first mission will be to make friends. Furthermore it is one of the fastest ways to adapt to the new city, so who better than someone local to teach you the city?
- Lose yourself: Yes, lose yourself in the city, explore, question, discover… There is nothing better than discovering new and charming places in the city that will be your home during your exchange, so don’t wait any more and get out there. For sure, you will go with a map or GPS activated, you will not really be lost and not know how to get back again.
- Watch out for the money: especially if you go to a city where there is a different currency. Please note that here we use the euro and that the conversion is different; so keep control of your expenses at all times to live abroad calmly.
- Have a great time: engrave this sentence with fire, it is a unique and unrepeatable experience (at least under the same conditions), so don’t miss another moment, create memories, take thousands of photos and grow; especially, grow personally and professionally.
And you, would you like to be a thelofttowner?
Jun 08 2018
Why visit Barcelona in summer? What’s special? TheLofttowners, today we say to you that this is your final post, for those who’ve been new on this course we invite you to know the sunniest Barcelona and all the activities that you can do, because if you have come to study here you must know everything. Here we go!
NIGHT LIFE IN BARCELONA
One of the things that we like most when we visit Barcelona in summer is the terraces, and there can be nothing better than to have a drink with friends after dinner on a quiet terrace with background music and facing the sea; the most daring will surely want to have a dip in the sea, and we encourage you to do so 😉
THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS
We know that title is taken by NYC, but let us appropriate it for a few minutes; and it is because Barcelona doesn’t sleep either, both day and night there is a great atmosphere on the street. Do you already know where to have dinner today? Try El Nacional, we’ll say no more 🙂
How were we going to forget our beloved day activities? Being able to visit Barcelona in summer has its advantages, for example bicycle rental is much more enjoyable if what you want is to see the city quietly and without hurry. Shall we go tonight?
To visit Barcelona in summer is something that should be mandatory and desirable; there are thousands of activities waiting for you to know. If you come to study in Barcelona you’ve already been able to know the winter, you now have the best part: THE BEACH! Enjoy yourself. For sure, we will check that you are wearing high protection sunscreen.