Oct 21 2019
Student residence halls in Barcelona are key for those who come to do their degree in the Catalan capital.
When we come to study in a new city, we try to make a mix which offers us stability to study, have a good time and save.
For this reason, student residence halls in Barcelona are a very attractive option. First of all because you will share a space with students like yourself and you will be able to make friends to go out at night (or in the day). Second, because with the fee of a student residence hall all the services are included, and third because you will have exclusive areas to study alone or in group.
Well then: what is the most important thing at the moment of choosing a student residence hall in Barcelona? In TheLofttown we help you to choose the best place for you and your needs.
At the moment of choosing a student residence hall in Barcelona it is fundamental to know the services that it has. A residence hall is not only a room… it is much more!
For example, it is key that the installations are prepared for students. This is: wifi, study rooms (individuals and group), meeting rooms, private rooms, photocopiers and printers.
At the same time, you can find out the additional services included in the fee which make your stay more friendly and optimised to make new friends.
An example of these additional services can be: terrace, solarium, gym, cafeteria, common spaces to socialise, video games rooms, laundromat, parking for bicycles, and of course, cooking.
There are many student residence halls in Barcelona which offer services on top of the fee. TheLofttown includes the lot!
It’s important that you make an analysis of your needs to find all the comforts and services at the best price. This way you don’t worry about costs out of the residence hall. A clear example of this is the gym.
“How much does it cost to live in Barcelona?” is a recurring question among those who come to study a master’s degree or do an Erasmus in Barcelona. Well, imagine that you pay for a room and everything is included. Cool!
Get to know the different rooms and prices that we have in TheLofttown. Fall in love!
Just as we commented before, it is fundamental that the students always feel comfortable; like at home. Student residence halls must offer space and practicality.
The study areas must be adapted for each one and the relaxation areas ready to favour interaction.
Likewise, basic services like heating, air conditioning and cleaning are fundamental for students to enjoy their stay without worrying about things they don’t want to worry about.
The location of your next student residence hall in Barcelona has to be comfortable for you: near to the important arteries of the city, well-connected and in an agreeable environment.
TheLofttown is located in one of the best neighbourhoods in Barcelona: Gracia. Near to everything: the universities, study centres, leisure, restaurants, shops, green areas … and with virtually all the metro, bus and train lines next to you. Google it!
May 20 2018
During the week of April 13 in Barcelona, Jobarcelona went ahead, where university students and companies do face to face networking. Right now, we’re thinking, do our thelofttowners know how to network? And as they say: when in doubt, full speed ahead, so we bring you this post full of recommendations so that the next time you network you may be experts.
WE ARE GOING NETWORKING
- Make a list: before going networking, research companies and make a list of those that you are most interested in, so you don’t get lost in the crowd and that you go directly to the point. Get interesting contacts.
- Get up early: the early bird gets contacts. Be the first to sit at the tables of the companies that you’ve previously included in the list; be friendly, courteous, answers questions about what you have been asked, and don’t beat around the bush.
- Prepare your CV and something else: having your CD printed in order to hand it over to companies is the golden rule; but if you really want to stand out, take business cards, cover letters… everything extra that can give support to your interview will be so much the better.
- Attend talks: in networking there are often lectures, question and answer sessions… sign up for everything you can, CV checks, personal counselling, mock group meetings with people who you do not know. Do all that you can. It is training and experience for you.
We care for you and your future, so we try to place in your hands all that you need to know about how to network. Would you like us to talk about something specific that worries you or you find interesting? Let us know in the comments and we’ll talk about it 😉
Mar 20 2018
Known worldwide as the student diet, student meals are basically canned food, prefabricated dishes and leftovers from the previous day, right? Thelofttown revolutionizes the world of student meals and offers something that you’ll want (and a lot). Does it arouse your curiosity?
WE GET AWAY FROM FAST FOOD
Just don’t say that the food in a student apartment is blessed gold; each one has their space in the fridge and THEIR food, which is not shared with anyone; and that kind of food is not usually very healthy or varied: pasta, hamburgers, pizza, biscuits and chocolates is what we find in abundance. So, what student meals will you find in a student residence? Specifically in ours: Thelofttown, because we are going to see, right?
- A buffet: take all you want and repeat whenever you wish, our buffet offers fresh, healthy, varied local produce.
- For curious palates: we offer produce from other countries in the world so that you can try everything, also our menus will vary so you’ll not always eat the same thing, but you will eat in the same way: enjoyable and balanced (and delicious).
- A high-class restaurant: Thelofttown has a dining area to make you feel comfortable to enjoy your meal, so you can arrange right away with the other thelofttowners to enjoy our fresh diets, grilled dishes, without fats, home-made desserts… Our mouths are already watering.
Future thelofttowner who is reading us, we have something to tell you: we are your next adventure in Barcelona. As a student residence we want you to become part of our family so that we can take care of you in the most important academic years of your life. Shall we start?