Apr 18 2018
Living with friends is something that we have all dreamed of or even planned at some point in our life, the simple fact of sharing a home with your friends is something that excites us, we tell you why living with friends is the best you can do, since our residents live 24 hours a day surrounded by friends and good vibes and we tell you that you can also be one of them. Go ahead!
LIVE WHILE WE WERE YOUNG
- Cooking together is better: in our student residence, we have rooms with kitchen so that you can prepare yourself the menus of each day, the fact of living with friends will make this task much easier, because you can prepare some delicious menus for both of you and have a great time.
- You can share everything: and when we refer to everything we want to say everything, from clothes, confessions, movies, study, homework … life with friends is much better and our residents know what we are talking about
- You have a personal relations consultant: relationships are the daily theme among friendships, and sometimes we think of ourselves as a matchmaker and end up acting as loving counselors, other times we have to give up our shoulders to cry, but for that and for a long time more, it is better to live with friends who understand you and can advise you in these situations.
Our thelofttowners know what we are talking about, they live with friends every day and spend this wonderful stage of personal growth and formation surrounded by friends and of course we are there whenever they need us. Let’s say that during the afternoons, the common areas are filled with the life that you give us and for that reason and for much more we love you, do you want to become part of our big family? We are waiting with open arms 😉
Apr 09 2018
It is something that we always ask ourselves, studying career in Barcelona is one of the best options, because it becomes part of the ranking of the best European cities where to go to study, but … do you know what Barcelona is related to in this ranking? Keep reading to discover it.
TOP 10 OF EUROPEAN CITIES
- Culture and art: in this area the first place is taken by Florence, it is par excellence the city of culture and art, cradle of the Renaissance artistic movement its streets saw artists like Botticelli, Brunelleschi, Michelangelo, Dante and Leonardo da Vinci among others.
- Transport: the first place in the best European city of transport is London, the connections available in this city allow you to be in less than 2 hours to Berlin and 20 minutes more to Paris, in addition if you are a student in London You must have the Oyester card and benefit from the exclusive discounts for students. Are you going to miss it?
- Best nightlife: we appear in the ranking, and the first place is for Barcelona, so if you are thinking of coming to study a career in Barcelona, you can enjoy the best nightlife, bars where you can have a drink and enjoy the best nightspots in the world, we are also very nice;) our thelofttowners can tell you.
- For foodies: San Sebastian enters this ranking with the position of being the European city number one in terms of food and catering is concerned, what to go for skewers along with a zurito will be your best pastime if what you like is to enjoy a culinary culture very particular and very like its character: hard.
So you see, studying a career in Barcelona is going to give you some unique opportunities and advantages, if you think that this is your place, we give you the opportunity to live your most important time of study with us. Welcome to The Lofttown.
Apr 01 2018
It sounds weird, we know it but we assure you that we have been as surprised as you, there are the most extravagant university careers, university studies and modules of two courses willing to teach subjects out of the ordinary, and as we share everything with you, we will not be less on this occasion, so go ahead post!
WHERE IS THE LIMIT?
- Ethical hacking: and we reinforce the word ethics: not all pirates have to be “bad”, we also have to have those that are “good” to counterattack attacks. They are known as ethical “hakers” and are dedicated to fixing security problems.
- Bowling technology: who do you think is responsible for the technology that orders bowling? Yes, there is a race destined to the making of the machines that are in charge of this technology and management.
- Philosophy and The Simpsons: surely we have stayed as much stone as you, yes guys, there is a module of two courses at the prestigious University of California on the campus of Berkeley, the fact that the Simpsons is studied and its philosophy is proof of the diversification that the curriculum has done for years.
- Science and technology of surfing: if you thought that nothing could beat the philosophy of the Simpsons, hold on because there are also studies to study the science related to surfing, do not get excited that you do not teach surfing, if you’re interested, it’s taught in the some of the British coastal universities such as Cronwall and Plymouth.
- Science of the turf: now if we have given in the height of the highs, if the sport is not your thing you can always have this exit, you can specialize in placing the grass on the football fields. How about? Maybe you can meet Messi …
There are many university degrees, and the important thing is that you have a good time doing them and can dedicate yourself to what you really like.
Mar 27 2018
Dear thelofttowners, today we are talking about sport for students as a way to escape the work, the university, the stress… Surely you are not aware of it, but doing sport at exam time or high-stress times does not take away time, on the contrary you’re going to get more benefits than you think.
4 ENVIABLE BENEFITS
- Let’s go to the simple one: it is a healthy, complete and very active hobby. So far, so good.
- Sport for students calms nerves, takes you away from stressful situations so that you can go more relaxed and with new energy for the challenges of the day.
- The importance of rest: it is when we sleep that we assimilate the knowledge learned during the day and it is assimilated during the night if on this day we have done sport for students; the knowledge will be assimilated better since your rest will be full and deep.
- Easier to endure long hours; do know why? Because those who are not used to exercise tend to suffer more back pain and get irritated more quickly.
- Better results: and guys, we are talking about grades, it is shown that students who do sport have more capacity for concentration; correct our posture and we will feel better.
Would you like us to give you some very good news? We have a gym and a solarium that is prepared for you, for you to do your favourite sport and get rid of the stressful situation which you are living; and as we like giving advice, let us tell you that having a daily routine of exercises will be your passport to healthy and personal university success. Shall we start? See you at the gym in an hour with the other thelofttowners 🙂
Mar 11 2018
If you wonder what it is like living in a student residence, it is because you are thinking of going to live in one of them: CONGRATULATIONS! You have just found your residence in Barcelona, and we’re going to tell you the reason why.
WHO ARE WE?
- A family: our residents, known as thelofttowners, are our engine, together we are one big family that we could not do without.
- We care for you: as your parents would, we give you everything you need to live very comfortably: facilities to your liking, study rooms, buffet restaurant (we’ll talk about this wonder in a moment), cinema room, room areas with private access, and rooms with kitchen and terrace and… our parties!
- The cuisine: we cook local produce and what you don’t eat will be earmarked for soup kitchens in our city. We are totally respectful with the environment and our facilities have been created like that, and you know what? If you wish you can visit the farms where the buffet produce comes from 😉
- The experience: something that cannot be described, living in a student residence is vitality, energy, laughs, good times, company, parties, games, meals, work… We could summarize that living in a student residence is life, a life that you can’t miss.
And that said, dear reader, we would love you to visit our website so that you can also enter part of “this”, what is called a family, which we share together. We want to know your motivations, your studies, your goals; we care about you and are going to care for you (our word). We are waiting with open arms.
Feb 28 2018
APPS AND TOOLS FOR STUDENTS (AND NOT FOR DUMMIES)
Sometimes university is not easy and even less with so much work, and projects that have to be handed in; as sometimes we see you a little overwhelmed and worried, we have decided to look into tools for students and help you a little. You may know some of them already but… we are sharing them with you anyway 😉
TOOLS FOR STUDENTS THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Google Drive: one of the most “popular” Google platforms, where you can share documents online, so you can create a workspace and invite your entire work group so that each one can do their part online.
- Canva: Canva is a free online platform with which, from some templates, you can create incredible designs, from CVs, presentations, posters, Instagram posts, Facebook posts, Facebook home pages, A4… everything!
- Trello: it is ideal to create panels and share them. One of the things you can do is to create three columns, with the tasks you have to do, which are being done and which are completed; the second step is to invite your mates to join in.
- Slack: it is like a group chat, you can exchange documents, and you can also send live messages… everything you need!
- Mendeley: if you do not know… let us tell you that we have discovered something great. Mendeley is an application that (get this) creates bibliographies with APA (and others) only by dragging the online document onto your home page. Just as you hear it.
- VMock: this platform creates instant comments on your improvement plan. The first review is free.
What do you think our tools for students? We want to know!
Feb 20 2018
And that is clearly in TheLofttown! Do you know what we are talking to you about? We are not a residence, we are your residence. And we’re going to give four good reasons, which answer this question:
- Eco-consciousness: we are a new construction residence that has been built with the latest technological processes and with the least environmental impact, which makes us a fully biosustainable building, and our facilities are brand new.
- More than a residence: we create a lifestyle, our residents: the thelofttowners become a family passionate to learn, impatient for success, who live, who dream, who have high aspirations; and we have the great privilege of accompanying all and each of them on their way. We are here for you.
- A unique cuisine: under the famous Mediterranean diet we have taken our philosophy of commitment to the kitchen, so that each and every one of the foods that we serve at our buffet is 100% of organic origin, and everything that you do not eat will be sent to soup kitchens in our city.
- The facilities you need: always thinking about you and your needs, we have equipped our residence with everything you need, so you can enjoy a quiet afternoon playing or watching TV shows in our multipurpose room, studying with your group in our group rooms or relaxing quietly on our outdoor terrace. Do you like doing sport? Don’t worry: we have our own, private gym just for you 😉
What do you think: are we or are we not your residence? Where to live in Barcelona translates into two words: TheLofttown. Come see us and learn everything you want to know, also you can follow us on our social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Have a good day!
Feb 13 2018
We tell you all the things to do in Barcelona
The situation could be summarized in this way: you’ve arranged to meet this afternoon with other thelofttowners and you do not know the things to do in Barcelona because, let’s say, you have already visited the most touristic places, (we refer to the Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Batlló…). Well then, today we share with you some ideal places that you can enjoy in the fantastic city of Barcelona in good company. Shall we start?
- Icebar: is it time to feel even colder still? Icebar is a bar located in Barceloneta made entirely of ice, which leads to this bar being at an average temperature of -18º, but it is worth it! Being made entirely of ice, you can enjoy a full Siberian experience. Who dares to enter?
- Hidden swimming pools in the middle of the Eixample: yes, it is possible and in fact has a name: the gardens of the Torre de les Aigües, which host the precious and well known beach of the Eixample. They are the first of the Cerdà inner courtyards that were restored for public use. This swimming pool is open only in the summer months. Shall we see each other there?
- The Montjuïc cable car: visit the city of Barcelona from a bird’s-eye view, to reach the mythical mountain which houses one of the best museums of art in Catalunya, MNAC; but if art is not your thing, we challenge you to find the enormous slides hidden on the mountain 😉
- Els Encants: no, we do not mean the charm that Barcelona has (that too) but the Encants market, where you can find bargains and all kinds of antiques; it is close to the Las Glories Shopping Centre, another newly renovated mall that is really well worth the visit.
How about it thelofttowner? This afternoon we are going on a tour to see things to do in Barcelona!
Feb 06 2018
University is a change, that is clear, but there is a common factor which is repeated in all of them, and that is the profiles of university professors. If this is your first year you may not yet be able to make an overall assessment: you have not had them or even may not know them enough or, because you are now entering the second semester, but those who are already veterans can confirm it for you. Let’s see those profiles of professors that are repeated in each university 😉
- The model: needs no introduction, this is the young teacher who unfortunately only goes to teach a couple of weeks, as a substitute or just to give a final touch and extend the concepts of the subject that you’re being given.
- The one who doesn’t get the students’ liking: yes guys, there’s always a teacher willing to ask for the first part of the final project (not literally) for the same week as you have final exams, and they are like that: they like to torture students.
- The one who explains too fast: they always appear and the worst thing is that they are completely aware that they speak too fast. Maybe before you start the class they remind you to stop them if they speak too fast… but even so, these classes are often competitions of who’s able to take notes faster, forgetting nothing: because they don’t put the Power Points on the website 😉
- The funny one: the profile known by students as the one who makes jokes without sense and without any humour; his intention is good but you don’t end up getting everything.
- The example: the teacher who remains in the memory of all the students, who gets more than 40% of students to attend class and gets them motivated, and who in the future you keep in contact with.
How many have you had? Comment on our post! Surely you have a name for each type 😉
Jan 31 2018
We have all said that mythical expression “when I grow up I want to be” and now, studying at university, living away from home and starting a future path, is when we take a look back and think nostalgically of what you dreamed of being. Shall we remember together?
- Fire fighter / Police officer: it didn’t matter, what we wanted was to be part of those heroes who fought against the bad guys and beat them. We loved playing cops and robbers, imagining the patrol car with the siren, which led to long afternoons in the park playing at being grown up. And who didn’t?
- Magician: Harry Potter influenced our childhood in a way that many of us hoped at some point for the arrival of the letter from Hogwarts to form part of the fabulous world of magic. How many memories come to mind, truly? And surely you tried to move some object with the spell wingardium leviosa.
- Teacher: This is a “when I grow up I want to be” that surely some of you have fulfilled and for that reason we congratulate you. Our teachers instilled us with knowledge and encouraged us to follow our dreams. Who does not remember them?
- Vet / Marine biologist / Zoo keeper: If there were animals you wanted to work there, and probably decided it after visiting the zoo, aquarium or seeing a Disney movie like Nemo or Tarzan, right? And who didn’t! We have all at one time cared for a little sick street animal.
Have you fulfilled your dream thelofttowner? Let us tell you that if you’re with us it is because you are building your professional future, so we couldn’t be more pleased, but always remember the “when I grow up I want to be”.