Dec 23 2019
Finding a job after Uni sounds far away. Many of The Lofttown residents come to Barcelona just to study. What happens to them next is that the city and social activity invite them to stay. And believe us: it happens.
Once your studies are finished you will have your group of friends, your trips on top, and you will ask yourself a question: what if I stay to live in Barcelona? This is where you’ll start thinking about looking for a job after university.
So we thought, what if we give you a hand? Here we will tell you, thanks to the experiences that the lofttowners tell us in the student residence in Barcelona, how and where to look for work. Whether part or full time.
Let’s get to it!
Prepare your C.V.
You will have to invest a lot of time in this task, but in the end it will be worth it. When it comes to finding work after Uni the C.V. will be your cover letter.
Take time to polish it. Make it minimalist, short and concise; so that it doesn’t last more than one page. A Word sheet is no longer usually presented: companies are already looking for creativity from the C.V. To do this, give it a creative touch, with colours and highlighting your knowledge and qualities. Do you know what you can use? Canva, a super easy and intuitive design tool where you can find countless C.V. templates that you will love, and many of them are free.
Think that they’ll know you through a piece of paper. So sell yourself. Make a brief introduction describing your personality, values and goals. Remember to add a cover letter to let companies know more about you.
Here are some templates for you to have ideas when creating your C.V.
Part Time Work
After Uni finding a job will be, in itself, a job. There are many who decide to work part time as waiters or in kitchens of bars, pubs, restaurants and clubs.
But this isn’t all: you can also look for work from what you’ve studied. At first you will be able to find many internships. Most will not be paid and others will.
Here it will be important how you want to allocate your personal time. That is: working part time you will have every morning or afternoon free (depending on where you apply). This will allow you, for example, to start your own projects while gaining experience in a company.
But don’t worry: you have paid part-time jobs. Depending on which degree you’ve studied there will be more or less offers. Seek and you will find, believe us.
Full Time Work
If you already set out to find work after Uni with the aim of having a career and gaining experience, then you will be looking for a Full Time job.
In this case, focus on sending your C.V. to offers that interest you. That is, do not do bulk mailings. Think what you want to work doing, in your day-to-day life, what you like. It’s not a matter that you want to come to later. Don’t focus only on the economic side. We all want to be rich, but we’ll need to gather experience and grow and train in the workplace.
However, these offers are usually accompanied by an acceptable salary.
Platforms to find work
Depending on the sector you are in, there are platforms that will have more offers. However, here we leave you the list of the most used in Barcelona:
Now, it’s your turn. Remember: prepare a good C.V. and cover letter to find work after Uni. Set goals and decide what to do with your time. Then choose what kind of work you want. The final step: start submitting C.V.s and wait for the answers.
Good luck and go for everything!
Dec 20 2018
To all you vegan guys, we tell you that there are vegan restaurants in Barcelona full of deli food that are waiting for you with open arms.
We present the vegan restaurants Barcelona that your carnivorous friends will want to sink their teeth into ;). It’s always the same, you go out with your friends (the great majority of whom eat meat) and you always have to ask for something “special”; for them to take the chicken off the yakisoba and substitute it for you with onion, you don’t want them to give you barbecue sauce, you want them to take away the egg and give you avocado… And everyone looks at you this way, thinking “this is vegan with its modifications”. It is time for you to stand firm and say no, that you too want to eat calmly without modifications of the menu; so, our object of today is to present a long list of vegan restaurants and vegan hamburgers Barcelona which you won’t have to convince your friends about, as they will want to have seconds without thinking twice. It sounds good, right? Let’s get to it!
RESERVE YOUR NEXT TABLE IN THESE VEGAN RESTAURANTS BARCELONA
All and each of them promise a faithful relation with healthy food, without animals and a strong commitment for the environment, which makes them some restaurants worthy to admire.
- Vegetalia: a mix between the vegetarian and Italian, so the name already gives us some clues. We’re talking about a restaurant of Italian cuisine with vegetarian and vegan cuisine. They love people and for €20 you will be able to taste abundant dishes of authentic healthy food, you will find it in the Gothic quarter. BIENVENUTTI
- Sopa Barcelona: another vegan restaurant that is defined by its name, in all and each one of eight set menus there appears a plate of soup cooked over a slow fire and with totally healthy ingredients. Healthy? Wasn’t it vegan? I see that you are attentive my dear Watson, well yes, we’re talking about a “healthy food” restaurant which gets a bit absent-minded; well that’s how they define themselves, healthy food, but all the dishes prepared are so they are totally vegan, an experience facing the sea that you cannot miss. We tell you that your friends are going to lose their keenness to order a plate of calamari or fried baby cuttlefish.
- Vegetart: for lovers of the orthodox, there is your fetish place, a place in which yes, the potato tortilla was your favourite dish and you can continue enjoying it, and with chorizo. Maybe this seems a bad joke but it’s nothing of the kind. Made with two types of flour and with a bonus of seitan chorizo, this tortilla won the prize in the best vegan magazine, in the magazine Anima Naturalis, so to lovers of tortillas and orthodox, we say to you that your RESTAURANT, in capital letters, has arrived in the city. And furthermore at midday you will be able to enjoy an excellent set menu to take away, which costs no more than four Euros, seems unreal, right? Well it is as real as us calling ourselves TheLofttown.
- Veganoteca: we present to you something a little different, concerning a store of 100% vegan, vegetarian, organic and fair trade products; the store of 1000 wonders, wow! Apart from all this, it is also the perfect shop for all of those who have some type of intolerance, whether to egg, or to lactose, or simply for those people who want to look after themselves with a diet low in fat. It is ideal for you and you know it.
Now that we have shared with you some of the secrets of the most valued vegan restaurants, we want to remind you that we, as one of the university residences Barcelona most committed to the environment and sustainable, maintain a firm commitment to the organic label, everything which helps our students and furthermore does not harm the environment is welcomed by us and we have to explain a secret to you.
Since the first pillars were established in TheLofttown we can assure that we build our bases with totally organic elements, respecting the environment, we decorate our student residence so that it is modern but with a touch more, we fill it with green, plants which give life, organic in the dining room, games and study rooms completely climate controlled, we use cleaning products totally respectful of the environment and, you know something else? The curtains that you have in your bedroom renew the air, yes, that’s right, we’re talking about an advanced German technology that is already being used in hospitals around the world; as ever we want to go one step further and offer you only the best, we wanted you to have these curtains so that the air in your bedroom is renewed every day even though the window is closed. It’s something that turns out to be very comfortable during the winter since the window is usually opened less and the need for fresh air is indisputable. Another of our great advantages is the extreme security of the student residence, since only authorised students can enter the bedrooms area using their fingerprint, and this way we assure you of the maximum security in each and every of the bedrooms, it only remains for you to enjoy to the max your stay, which we know for sure you will.
Another of the great things that we do and makes us feel proud is our organic buffet, we have a wide variety of local produce which day by day offer the most delicious dishes. One of our great attractions, and which our students love, is our thematic dinners and meals and, the thing is, maybe we decide that it is Mexico day and our entire buffet offers Mexican food, or we can do an oriental dinner or a barbecue …. You will be discovering all of this during the length of your stay; we don’t want to reveal any more (neither do we want to tell you that we already have available VR glasses for Play Station).
What do you think about everything we have told you? We are more than sure that your stay in TheLofttown is going to be one (to not say the best) experience that you are going to live during your university time, as much if you are going to study a degree like a master’s we tell you that your place of residence is to be found in TheLofttown, and we are waiting for you with open arms.
Come in to be part of the best community! We are waiting for you, thelofttownerJ
May 08 2018
Some of you may ask, what is a gap year? Very briefly, it would be the period before during or after university when you decide to go away for a time to work, do an internship, study a language… and we believe that it is one of the best experiences you can have during your university years; and we are going to give you 4 good reasons that will make you catch a plane tomorrow to take a gap year.
TELL ME MORE
- Improve your performance: and we put it as the first choice because it is believed that “taking a sabbatical” implies a disengagement and delay in studies, but it is not so: returning home after a gap year makes you more independent, more responsible and more eager to continue with your studies, so… think about it well 😉
- Improve your chances of incorporation to the workplace: putting on your CV that you’ve been a year abroad educating yourself, apart from the degree, is a specification that you cannot overlook, and for sure there are many companies that will be interested in your profile. So if you have the chance, don’t lose it.
- Improve your linguistic mastery: If you go to a country with a foreign language, one of the best achievements that you are going to take away will be a mastery of the language, the ease of being able to hold a conversation, and the amount of things that you will learn. This is not taught in a school 😉
- You will have a really good time: it will be the experience that everyone says changes you, and it will: you’ll be out of your home environment, meet new people, cultures, meals, parties, places, feelings… It cannot be measured with words; you have to experience it for yourself.
How do you see it? We, as a student residence, would like you to want to live this experience of the gap year with us; in Barcelona you will find many of the things you were looking for, and others that simply appear. Come, we are waiting 😉
Apr 24 2018
Studying outside is an opportunity you can not miss, and we tell you why.
One of the aspirations of students is to go to school abroad, sometimes it can be complicated by the doubts that appear, first of all we tell you that studying abroad is one of the best things you will do during your university life, especially if you decide come to study in Barcelona, if you keep reading us, we will take all the doubts you may have, will we start?
3 REASONS TO GIVE THE GREAT STEP
- You will be more independent: this is the main reason and most importantly, independence and knowing how to get up is only the first thing you will learn, wherever you go you will be alone at the beginning and you will have to know how to move and ask. It has all happened to us!
- You make new friendships: another of the advantages of studying abroad is that you will make many friends and probably from different parts of the world, who knows, maybe in the future you can visit them and you have a home assured wherever you are live;)
- You will learn to have a routine: put the washing machine, bring your tasks up to date, go to make the purchase, go out with your friends, clean … they are actions that you will include to your agenda, from now on there will be nobody to do these tasks for you
But do you know what is the best of all this? That studying abroad will give you the best years of your life and also the best stories: you will try extraordinary dishes, you will make brilliant friendships, you will go to some of the craziest parties and above all, you will fill your backpack with experiences and personal growth, so Are you ready to take this leap? We wait for you below to catch you;)
Feb 13 2018
We tell you all the things to do in Barcelona
The situation could be summarized in this way: you’ve arranged to meet this afternoon with other thelofttowners and you do not know the things to do in Barcelona because, let’s say, you have already visited the most touristic places, (we refer to the Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera, Casa Batlló…). Well then, today we share with you some ideal places that you can enjoy in the fantastic city of Barcelona in good company. Shall we start?
- Icebar: is it time to feel even colder still? Icebar is a bar located in Barceloneta made entirely of ice, which leads to this bar being at an average temperature of -18º, but it is worth it! Being made entirely of ice, you can enjoy a full Siberian experience. Who dares to enter?
- Hidden swimming pools in the middle of the Eixample: yes, it is possible and in fact has a name: the gardens of the Torre de les Aigües, which host the precious and well known beach of the Eixample. They are the first of the Cerdà inner courtyards that were restored for public use. This swimming pool is open only in the summer months. Shall we see each other there?
- The Montjuïc cable car: visit the city of Barcelona from a bird’s-eye view, to reach the mythical mountain which houses one of the best museums of art in Catalunya, MNAC; but if art is not your thing, we challenge you to find the enormous slides hidden on the mountain 😉
- Els Encants: no, we do not mean the charm that Barcelona has (that too) but the Encants market, where you can find bargains and all kinds of antiques; it is close to the Las Glories Shopping Centre, another newly renovated mall that is really well worth the visit.
How about it thelofttowner? This afternoon we are going on a tour to see things to do in Barcelona!
Jun 30 2017
After all these months of hard work every day to make one of our biggest dreams come true… The great moment has arrived! The day on which every effort is reflected. The day on which we see all doubts overcome, the headaches, the long nights working with hope to reach the end. The day on which our The Lofttown university hall of residence ceases to be a project and becomes a reality. Yes, this July 1 is THE DAY.
This Saturday we are opening the doors of our The Lofttown university hall of residence. Welcome students! You who have chosen our residence, Hello Barcelona!, we are proud to be an offer of accommodation for students in the city different from all others with our biosustainable philosophy; and, finally, thanks to all those who have participated in the construction and development of the residence. A toast to all! Because today we are celebrating.
The Lofttowners! Don’t miss any corner of the residence. We have thought of everything so you can have the best place to study and live, the best environment to relax and enjoy with your new friends and a team dedicated to you who will assist you with everything you need. In addition, from The Lofttown we will suggest thousands of activities to make your stay in Barcelona a dream and make sure you have a great time. Remember that in The Lofttown you have fully equipped rooms, 1,200 m2 of common areas containing study rooms, group work rooms , terraces, fitness center, restaurant and cafeteria, parking for cars, motorbikes and bicycles and electric parking, leisure and cinema rooms,… You won’t lack anything at all.
We are proud of this very exciting and necessary project for the city of Barcelona, where we are committed to the university community and which has had an excellent reception and response. Thank you.
Mar 17 2017
What is better for my son or daughter, a university hall of residence in Barcelona, a residential college or a shared flat?
If the moment has arrived for your child to leave home to go to university (because it is far away from home), it is possible that you will have to make important decisions that are going to cause a few headaches.
Between everything that you will have to decide, one of the things that most worries you, without a doubt, is the choice of accommodation for your child during this time at university. Facing this universal dilemma, you will wonder which the best option is: a university hall of residence in Barcelona, a residential college or a shared flat. Making the wrong choice of accommodation could result in torture for both parents and children.
The comfort and features that a university hall of residence in Barcelona offers is one of the determining factors that makes the university hall of residence in Barcelona one of the most demanded options. What the residence offers is that your child, who has recently arrived in the city, won’t be alone. They will share the same experience together with other students, they will make new friends with those living in the same residence as well as in their leisure time, and what is more, they will always have the residence professionals at hand for all their needs. This option is like them living independently in their own flat but with all the comfort of living in a “hotel”, with the assurance of being in a secure place with the protection of people that are especially dedicated to them, and whose job consists of making life easy and comfortable for the students.
We still have more to help you decide. From all of the university halls of residence, why The Lofttown?
- It is a new concept in university accommodation designed so that the students live happily and with maximum comfort, and so that the parents can have peace of mind regarding the security and services that we offer.
- Because it is newly-constructed, your child will use the facilities for the first time. Everything has been carefully designed and thought-out in order to be the best accommodation choice in terms of comfort.
- Because we offer a close and personal service, and because we will take care of them as if they were at home, just as you would.
Call us and we will explain all the details: 686932017. Welcome to The Lofttown!