Dec 23 2019
Finding a job after Uni sounds far away. Many of The Lofttown residents come to Barcelona just to study. What happens to them next is that the city and social activity invite them to stay. And believe us: it happens.
Once your studies are finished you will have your group of friends, your trips on top, and you will ask yourself a question: what if I stay to live in Barcelona? This is where you’ll start thinking about looking for a job after university.
So we thought, what if we give you a hand? Here we will tell you, thanks to the experiences that the lofttowners tell us in the student residence in Barcelona, how and where to look for work. Whether part or full time.
Let’s get to it!
Prepare your C.V.
You will have to invest a lot of time in this task, but in the end it will be worth it. When it comes to finding work after Uni the C.V. will be your cover letter.
Take time to polish it. Make it minimalist, short and concise; so that it doesn’t last more than one page. A Word sheet is no longer usually presented: companies are already looking for creativity from the C.V. To do this, give it a creative touch, with colours and highlighting your knowledge and qualities. Do you know what you can use? Canva, a super easy and intuitive design tool where you can find countless C.V. templates that you will love, and many of them are free.
Think that they’ll know you through a piece of paper. So sell yourself. Make a brief introduction describing your personality, values and goals. Remember to add a cover letter to let companies know more about you.
Here are some templates for you to have ideas when creating your C.V.
Part Time Work
After Uni finding a job will be, in itself, a job. There are many who decide to work part time as waiters or in kitchens of bars, pubs, restaurants and clubs.
But this isn’t all: you can also look for work from what you’ve studied. At first you will be able to find many internships. Most will not be paid and others will.
Here it will be important how you want to allocate your personal time. That is: working part time you will have every morning or afternoon free (depending on where you apply). This will allow you, for example, to start your own projects while gaining experience in a company.
But don’t worry: you have paid part-time jobs. Depending on which degree you’ve studied there will be more or less offers. Seek and you will find, believe us.
Full Time Work
If you already set out to find work after Uni with the aim of having a career and gaining experience, then you will be looking for a Full Time job.
In this case, focus on sending your C.V. to offers that interest you. That is, do not do bulk mailings. Think what you want to work doing, in your day-to-day life, what you like. It’s not a matter that you want to come to later. Don’t focus only on the economic side. We all want to be rich, but we’ll need to gather experience and grow and train in the workplace.
However, these offers are usually accompanied by an acceptable salary.
Platforms to find work
Depending on the sector you are in, there are platforms that will have more offers. However, here we leave you the list of the most used in Barcelona:
Now, it’s your turn. Remember: prepare a good C.V. and cover letter to find work after Uni. Set goals and decide what to do with your time. Then choose what kind of work you want. The final step: start submitting C.V.s and wait for the answers.
Good luck and go for everything!
Dec 10 2019
The time has come for Erasmus in Barcelona. We leave our city to travel to a new place, live experiences, meet people, have fun, “study”… anyway: everything that comes with going on Erasmus.
The student residences in Barcelona offer many services, but in TheLofttown we go further. We leave the formalities out and are aware of our students’ lives in Barcelona. Let’s see… don’t forget to study.
After seeing all the residents who have passed through TheLofttown in Barcelona we have noticed that many have problems when it comes to packing. We have taken note of this and that is why we will tell you some secrets that you must take into account when packing to come on Erasmus to Barcelona.
Please note that if you come on Erasmus to Barcelona (or any city) you will need to bring not only your carry-on baggage, but you will also need to pack your bags.
To do this, remember that the maximum weight of the suitcase to be sent is usually 23 kilos. For its part, the carry-on bag must weigh no more than 11 kilos. Anyway, remember to check the airline. Each has different conditions when referring to luggage.
Well, well… we always have problems here, right? First let’s think about which season of the year we’re going to arrive. Remember that you have a weight limit on your suitcase and you can’t keep your whole wardrobe there.
We recommend you take the essentials for the season in which you arrive in Barcelona. For example: if you come in summer, bring loose clothing. But don’t forget a jacket or a thin sweatshirt. Remember that this way you will spend autumn and spring better and avoid winter expenses. Coats are expensive.
In case of winter it is easier: bring everything warm and then, when you arrive in Barcelona, take advantage of the sales to buy yourself lighter clothes. This way you will optimize the space and with a couple of Euros you can buy clothes suitable for hotter times.
Remember that in Barcelona you have very good quality second-hand shops, such as Humana. In addition, you can shop at low cost chains like Primark. If you add the sales to this… it will make everything easier and cheaper.
What you should never forget: a swimsuit.
If there’s one thing that takes up space and weighs, it’s footwear. We already know that you are fond of many even if you do not wear them, but focus on bringing only what you will use in your Erasmus stay in Barcelona.
After the experiences we saw in the residence, we recommend you bring: a pair of sports shoes, a pair of shoes to party (this will be multitasking: outings, uni and work) and then more comfortable footwear such as flip flops or espardeñas.
With this combination you can combine, be comfortable and perform all the activities you want.
Don’t bring any of that. It doesn’t mean that you are not clean, but that you will take up a lot of room for items that you can get for your day-to-day. At most, if you wish, choose a perfume; the one you like so much.
On the other hand, and without wanting to look like your mothers, don’t forget your toothbrush. For women, yes: bring makeup, blusher, lipstick and a long etcetera. They are expensive products and you may not get them.
If packing to come on Erasmus to Barcelona were VERY minimalist and there was space left over, take advantage of it! Bring decorative or souvenir items to have your city and your friends and family close to you: photos, posters, etc.
Also remember the technology: laptop, mobile phone and their respective chargers. In addition to accessories, such as earrings. These things are always better to put in your carry-on bag.
What do you think? The day of the trip is coming and your suitcase won’t be a problem. Remember to put it together in time and separate your travel clothes.
We hope that the information has been useful and that you can pack your suitcase in the best possible way. In Barcelona and TheLofttown we are waiting for you.
Aug 19 2019
It is a known fact that the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019 are something that is in the diary of everyone from Barcelona (and the ones who aren’t as well), and it really is one of the things that is most looked forward to in the year. To our first timers we say: is it your first time in Barcelona? Then you have to pay attention to this blog because we are going to open the doors for you to the most party, musical and fun Barcelona you have ever seen, and once you have attended the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019 you are never going to want to step again into Opium, Shoko and Pachá; we are risking ourselves with this but we know that you’re going to be delighted, we know it because we have been young too (although it doesn’t seem so now) and the moment also arrived for us to know the youngest spirit of Barcelona. We are not going to lead you on! Discover for yourself all the events that are waiting for you this summer.
La Mercè: but wasn’t the blog about the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019? Oui mon amie, but we couldn’t begin this blog without mentioning the party of parties the Tomorrowland of Barcelona; and with that, we refer to THE FESTIVAL OF LA MERCÈ and we tell you in capital letters because we don’t know any other way except for shouting. Yes dear friends, La Mercè is one of the events of the summer, specifically September, most looked forward to by everyone, and rightly so.
Apart from being the patron saint of Barcelona, the festival of La Mercè has an important reception as much for its popular and cultural atmosphere since during the day different activities take place all over Barcelona suitable for all ages, while at night the Forum, the Avenue Maria Cristina and the Bogatell Beach are filled with concerts of all types of music. Are you really going to miss it? We can only tell you musical references from last year, because this year we still don’t know who will perform, but we tell you everything if we mention Green Valley, Love of Lesbians, Dr. Calipso and la Iaia (artists from last year). This year promise yourself: pay attention to your calendar!
Fiestas of Poblenou: hold on, there are curves coming. After Llum Barcelona, Poblenou brings all the neighbours together again to celebrate its Fiesta Mayor and we believe there is no need to tell you, that you have to attend, no matter what, because it is a tradition; you will never have lived a fiesta mayor like it, and it is when neighborhood traditions come together with the best music and cultural activities that jewels like this arise.
Fiestas de Gràcia: another of the important dates that you have this summer. We are not going to detain you a lot on this topic because we told you in a previous post about plans in Barcelona and we want you to go there and note down all the plans you don’t want to miss. So everyone to that blog.
Neighborhood parties: we wanted to highlight the best known, but in general in Barcelona all the neighborhoods or districts have their annual festival, for which reason fun is assured in all its senses. It is for this reason that we don’t want to recommend only some of them; we wanted it to be you yourself who discovers all of them according to the events that are held, as you may be interested in some more than others.
Ready? We believe that you already are, and for our veterans, if you have already spent a summer with us you already know what we are talking about, so we ask you to go with the more recent members of our big family so that they too know what it is to enjoy the parties of neighborhood Barcelona 2019.
Now we have to adopt a little bit the role of parents; yes we’re sorry, but as we have already told you we look after you as if we were your parents so you’re going to hear the speech twice. Be careful, please, it’s possible to go out to party and enjoy to the maximum the events in Barcelona this summer responsibly. By this we mean to say: be careful with drink, don’t lose sight of your group of friends; although you know Barcelona, there are a lot of people about during these festivals so it’s not difficult to get lost and sometimes the mobile phone coverage doesn’t work well. For this reason we recommend previously arranging a meeting point with your group of friends in a way that if someone gets lost they can go there to meet up again with all the group (the idea is that you go there too); look after your belongings and don’t carry anything of value on you as the pickpockets are expert thieves. Better to leave them in the residence where we will look after them very well. Understood?
This said, we give you free rein to enjoy to the maximum these parties, all the events and we hope you squeeze the maximum out of your stay with us in our university residence in Barcelona.
Jan 30 2019
Keep learning while you disconnect. How? Discover with us the best series to learn English.
We’ll warn you now so that you won’t have any surprises. Yes, we are a student residence, but so that you can see that we are distinct and offer things that you had never thought about, we are going to offer you some of the best series to learn English and which, in addition, you going to be able to see in our polyvalent room, my friend. No, you are not dreaming, no; we are real. We are The Lofttown.
We won’t fool ourselves, we have all been students, us first, and for that reason we know what you’re like and how we can help. When you hear that university is the best period in your life, believe us, it is. That’s why we know that it’s not 100% studying, but you also need moments for yourselves to disconnect and to have a little peace in your mind. But so that you can also see that we are concerned about your learning and your personal growth, we are going to suggest how you can have this moment of relaxation but without giving up learning for a moment. Could this be possible? Do Netflix or HBO ring a bell? We have no doubt that you know them. How would it seem to you if we tell you that this is the tool that you need? Sure, you are now beginning to think that we are a distinct student residence. Guys, Netflix has opened many doors and the door of knowledge and learning is one of those.
TO BEGIN WITH VOCABULARY
So we are going to give you a list of the best series to learn English and which, of course, you will be able to enjoy in our installations with your new friends lofttowners:
- Friends: we couldn’t start our list in any other way. It is the American series par excellence. You know it, right? Of course you do. Well now it is we who tell you that you can keep watching it and it is a perfect series to improve your English level; as much for the vocabulary as for the theme it is ideal to learn the language. And we get a few laughs on the way.
- How I met your mother: if we had to begin our list with Friends, we have to continue with another series. Another American series par excellence. We can even dare to tell you that you won’t need the subtitles to follow the plot, since the simple and daily language turn it into one of the best series to learn English. Learn and laugh at the same time! (We are undeniable fans of Barney).
- Modern family: for sure many of you were already missing it from the list. Another of the American series par excellence and one of the most followed. And you will learn English as well as having a good time. What more could you ask for?
We have already warned you, take it easy, you haven’t jumped a page, we continue being your student residence in Barcelona although we are talking about series, and for that reason what is important for us and what we value is that our students feel the total freedom to do what they like in our installations.
Thelofttowner, don’t be bashful, we know the boom that series have had among you recently, and the great blessing your premium subscription to Netflix or HBO has proved to be.
LET’S MOVE ON TO IMPORTANT MATTERS
If you are already at an advanced level or if you have already seen these series, we suggest other series to learn English so that you can give your level an upgrade.
- Downton Abbey: for those of you who think you already have an intermediate level, this series will put you to the test. It is one of the best series to learn English, pure British, since the accents of the actors are the best. And in addition, you going to be able to learn both the old language of high society as well as that of popular society. Do you dare? You will be a complete Gentleman.
- Sherlock: another indispensable series which has to appear no matter what on your list of “recommended for you”, and cannot be any less. The main actors have an excellent British accent, as well as a very complete vocabulary. And you’re going to get all this while you enjoy how the mysteries and adventures are being resolved.
- Peaky Blinders: we recommend it to you emphatically. You’re going to listen to so many British and Irish accents, and this together with mainly informal language is going to put you to the test. Do you accept the challenge?
- House of cards: this is about polite and political vocabulary;) if you are a lover of politics, without doubt this is your series.
- Black Mirror: AMEN GUYS, the revolution of revolutions has arrived and if we are in love with the series, the movie has now arrived, a complete revolution in the cinematographic field and the experience and interaction of the user, but that’s another topic. When the publicity of the 80s and a good narrative come together, jewels like this arise, you can’t leave it pending to see, we won’t forgive you for that.
- Prison Break: don’t go! Here you have your favorite series. The characters have a good accent and the dialogues are short, which will help you to understand better what is going on in the plot. Furthermore, you are going to learn specific vocabulary, and hey, you’re going to love it.
- Breaking Bad: right now you are thinking why we have left the best to the last. Maybe so that you stay with us a bit longer. The accent, the pronunciation and the way of speaking of the main actor are going to allow you to learn a lot of vocabulary and follow the thread of the plot with relative facility.
Perhaps you are reading the post and you think that we haven’t given even one you like and you don’t like any of the ones we have suggested (something that we don’t believe because there are a couple that are not so bad). But everything can be, since with the infinity of series that there is, it is difficult that everyone likes all of them. But we are not worried about that, since we are sure that you know other best series to learn English and you will understand that these are only some ideas that we are giving you.
Do you think it strange that a student residence talks to you about these things? We like to do the unusual because we know that we offer what you need. Without doubt it is the perfect place to take your studies to the maximum level, since we have totally custom-made study areas. But we also know that you won’t be studying 24 hours a day. Yes, sorry, we know it. And it’s for that reason we are giving you some ideas about what you can do in those moments that you are not studying (which for sure are few) to allow you to relax and go forward.
We also know that you are now thinking that this is what the others say, and it is what we have to say so that you come with us. Well you are very wrong my friends, we love you with all our heart.
Why turn your university stay into a routine? Don’t limit yourself to spending the best time of your life in simple student accommodation.Take advantage of it!
You may also be interested in:
Nov 24 2018
All those who have been through university have experienced the dreaded first day at university. I remember it as if it were today itself, I arrived a bunch of nerves at a faculty where I did not know anyone and in a city that wasn’t mine… but that is another issue, we are not about talking about my war stories but to give the best advice to you about my experience on the first day at university. Surely you find yourself at a point that could be summarized thus: you have already enrolled and you have had to choose groups of subjects that you want to take part in, you had to choose between being an A1, A2, A3… And obviously here you had your first insecurity: how do I choose to go to one group or another without knowing anyone? Then you choose the group for the hours that suit you, and like this you create your academic schedule. Well, once you have passed this stage (and they taken a beautiful photo for your student card) the first day arrives.
LET’S GO STEP BY STEP: THE BEFORE
Step-by-step, seeking balance and letting myself go… like this is how you have to overcome the first day at university with these tips for university.
Before see you the faces, search Facebook, surely there is a group created with all your future classmates, make the first friendships, give your phone number, create a class group and everything starts there. It is also very useful, you can already see that this group will be the main source of information among you (long before the uni mail) if the teacher is missing in class, if you have a test and you want to revise, if you are going out partying and putting up photos, if you organize the mid-course trip. And the best thing is that you’ll always have it with you.
THE FIRST TRIP
Thanks to this Facebook group you will be able know if there is anyone who lives near you and has to use the same transportation (train, subway, car…) it is the perfect opportunity to meet with them and make your first group, true friendships will come later.
ONCE ARRIVED: THE DURING
The first day of class always tends to be the one that you all are concentrated on: you listen to the professor and (oh miracle) you don’t miss a class, which translates into a mass of 100 students moving throughout the campus. Remember this image well; you will probably never again see so many of your classmates together. Why? We don’t want to upset you but it is during this period when students realize whether this degree is for them or not, so that of the 100 of you that begin, between 50 and 60 will graduate. But that does not mean that you’re going to be one of them. What do you have to do during these classes? Be very attentive to the teacher, he or she will surely explain their working method, how to hand in papers and tests that you will do, as well as the equivalent % within their subject. BE ATTENTIVE! We don’t want anyone to go to second-chance or, worse, fail the subject because there are no second-chance exams.
MORE TIPS FOR UNIVERSITY: THE AFTER
Go out of the university and arrange to meet with your classmates, go to have a drink at the campus bar and make friendships, you’ll see that little by little everything flows and hey, maybe without realizing you’ve directed yourself to the same class group with whom you have become as thick as thieves, it is fate.
THE ETERNAL QUESTION: HOW SHALL I DRESS?
First impressions count so what clothes you wear on the first day will say much about you; we advise you not to go in disguise, you don’t have to go dressed-up only because it is the first day. Be yourself, university is an important step, it is like starting from 0 at a new venue that is no longer the high school, with some new friends, and even (if you’re like me, big time) may have to live in this new city and that is scary. Here we go to TheLofttown as we know first-hand how you feel if you have to go to live in another city, we look after you in the best way and you can see it, all our residents are delighted with us, we are very nice people. We know what you need and give it to you at all times. We continue with our tips as we still have the most important left:
We don’t want to see you shy, open yourself to others as you are, think that they do not know you at all and you do not have the familiarity that you are accustomed to have with your friends so patience, we promise that soon they will become the most indispensable part of the degree. Another of the tips that we give is that you join in, to all practical extent, all parties, dinners, lunches, birthday parties that are organised; these are those dinners where you’ll start to get familiarity with others and from where the best stories will come out that you will keep commenting on throughout the degree. Although we will miss you very much in our student residence Barcelona, we know that it is something that you need; so here goes another of the tips for university which will be useful for you, and this is said by someone saying it already happened to, and now (with some more years) remembers the first day at university as a precious memory full of dreams.
Starting university is something precious, so take a breath, relax and enjoy the day-to-day the maximum, later we want you to tell us everything.
Another little thing, living with friends is something that helps a lot when it comes to classes, organising the work, breaks… If you know of someone in your degree who needs to live in Barcelona we can help you, remember we have double rooms, you could live with him/her!, Think about it, the best way to get to know your classmates is to spend 24 hours together, believe me.
What you think of our blog? We believed it necessary to share with you these tips to overcome the dreaded first day at university, and to make you see that it is nothing like what you imagine. Take it easy guys, we will help you in everything that is in our hands and we are never going to turn our back on you; and it is for this reason that we want to ask you something: what do of you want us to talk about? We give you carte blanche to comment on the blog the issues you want us to deal with, you’re the boss.
Oct 30 2018
There is only one hall of residence Barcelona which will give everything you want and more, do you have a slight idea of which it could be? If the word TheLofttown has resounded in your mind, you are right: we are the residence that gives you everything, and about this you’re probably thinking: what do you mean by everything? Well, we are talking about: we give you a complete service, rooms with all comforts, some of them have kitchen, terrace, some are individual, you access them with your fingerprint, and we have a gym, solarium, terrace, a restaurant with an ample and delicious buffet full of surprises. We usually do theme days; this week we have had dinner with an Arabic theme, and everyone loved it. We have multipurpose rooms, study rooms, games rooms and even movies and playstation so you can relax in moments of complete disconnection. We celebrate the Secret Santa and organize trips and excursions for each and every one of you. Are you still asking yourself what we want to say by we offer you everything?
We have one more thing to say you (in fact two): do you think that you are ready to become part of our family and therefore stay in the hall of residence Barcelona? Well first of all we want to see if you’re ready to live this adventure so we suggest you do our test:
WILL YOU BE A FUTURE THELOFTTOWNER?
Win the medal to see if you’re ready to be part of our great family.
AT THE PROSPECT OF MEETING NEW PEOPLE, HOW DO YOU FEEL?
- a) I love to meet new people and learn from them!
- b) I feel embarrassed, why deny it, but once I get confident no one can get me to shut up.
- c) The truth, it makes me nervous to meet new people; I prefer to do my own thing without having to wait for anyone.
WOULD YOU TRAVEL TO ANOTHER COUNTRY TO DO AN ERASMUS?
- a) I already have the tickets!
- b) It is something I have thought about, but first I have to see it very clearly and see that my subjects will be validated; where will I be able to stay…?
- c) No, I like to travel but an Erasmus is not something I have in mind, I prefer to finish my degree and then see the world.
HOW DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 10 YEARS?
- a) Studying, travelling, meeting new people… really I see myself as I am now but 10 years older.
- b) With my studies finished, perhaps with a family or living the life that I’ve always wanted to.
- c) The truth is I don’t have anything clear, I do not know if I will continue studying or if I will be working.
DO I SEE MYSELF LIVING INDEPENDENTLY?
- a) In fact I think that I’m more away from home than in my own home, so yes, I can live independently easily.
- b) I’ve been living away from home for a few years and yes, I’ve survived.
- c) I have thought about it but I do not see that this is the ideal time to begin to do so
WE KNOW THE RESULTS
Mostly a: you are an adventurous person, you have travel and seeing the world in your veins. Aware of the world and the people it holds, we say to you that you already have one foot in TheLofttown. We are waiting for you!
Mostly b: you are passionate to know the world; curious to live away from home, yet you have not dared to definitively take the step because you feel that your home will always be your home even if you are a person of the world. For this reason we want to know you, you’re ready for your next experience in Barcelona, in the best hall of residence Barcelona, we are waiting for you; we assure you that it will be one of the best experiences (if not the best) that you will have during your small trips.
Mostly c: You are what is considered a comfortable person; you are not considering the possibility of an Erasmus. It doesn’t matter; maybe later you will think about the option of doing a master’s abroad and then we will be in your mind. You have not taken the step yet but you’re going to do it, and so when you do we will be waiting for you. So yes, even though you’ve answered mostly c, TheLofttown is your student residence.
Are you are still wondering why TheLofttown will be your best experience? We will tell you the second reason that we announced at the beginning: THE FRIENDS IN THE RESIDENCE.
And we will tell you the reason why your mates in the residence will be your best friends for life:
YOU ARE GOING TO SHARE UNFORGETTABLE MOMENTS
From the first day that you meet at university you are going to be inseparable, if in addition your friends in the residence are studying the same degree as you or are going to the same class… that is on another level, your friendship will be long-lasting.
EACH ONE OF YOU IS GOING TO HAVE A ROLE
Inside the residence there is: the tidy one, the untidy one, the one who always makes their bed, the one who always has a messy closet, the one at the gym, the one who always goes back for seconds in the buffet… We all know one of them so leave us the names of all of them in the comments; we want to give them a face.
THEIR PROBLEMS ARE YOUR PROBLEMS
It sounds very romantic but that’s how it is, the love that is created among you is something that we can’t fully understand either; you take care of each other, you spoil each other, go out to drink together in the evening, you eat together, you go to the gym together… The chemistry that is created by all of you is something from another world that only the people who form part of it can understand. Do you want to discover it yourself? You only have to come and visit our residence one day; we guarantee that you will notice the good vibrations just by entering the door.
THEY WILL BE THE WITNESSES TO YOUR CRAZIEST DECISIONS
What will be the main topic of conversation whenever you all get together again? That wild night you spent drinking, that wrong number that you called thinking that it was the guy who you like, or that message that you sent accidentally to the wrong person. Those moments when you got into a difficult situation and things could have gone badly are those that are later going to be remembered for posterity. Create them in our students’ hall of residence! We already have some that we can tell you.
SMILE WHEN SOME SPECIAL MOMENT PASSES THROUGH YOUR MIND
That happens to us all, but here it is very usual, your residence mates are going to become the most special thing that you are going to have here inside; so each and every of the moments that you remember with them will bring on a giggle. And this is what we want to take home when it is sadly the time to say goodbye.
Convinced? I think that we can say nothing more about us, you will have to discover it yourself, we have told you what we are like and what you’ll find once you enter to become part of our family. Shall we put one more chair at the table?
Sep 13 2018
Hello! Are you looking for an Erasmus student residence Barcelona for this next year? Hey, then you’ve arrived at the right place, maybe it was fate. Do you believe in fate? What we believe is that if you have a good time reading this post, imagine how you’re going to spend your time if you decide that we are your Erasmus student residence Barcelona. We won’t make you wait any more; for sure you have entered here to know the things that you have to take into account when choosing a student residence to study. It is very important and you should not choose the first one you see, because your academic day to day will develop accompanied by the atmosphere of the Erasmus student residence Barcelona. Do you remember when you had to choose your degree? In this case, no way will test you so that you can gain entrance, the only thing we will do, will be to give you some (good) reasons so that we may be your next best friends and even family. What do you think? We won’t make you wait any more, discover it yourself 😉 on with the post!
Grab pen and paper, or print this sheet (what you prefer) and make notes of what an Erasmus accommodation Barcelona must have. Let’s make a checklist, it will be fun.
- Cuisine: it is said that a person falls in love because of the food, well we are telling you now that we are going to be your Romeo and you our Juliet (or vice versa); our residents enjoy Mediterranean cuisine of local organic produce. In fact we organize excursions to farms where we buy the raw ingredients. At certain indicated times of the year we do special welcome or farewell dinners, last year we did a barbecue to bid farewell to all our residents until next year. And to get away a little from the routine, we do themed dinners; for example we have a Mexican dinner, a Japanese dinner, Spanish… and at Christmas… we do the Secret Santa! The food becomes something special for a family, it is the moment that we all get together to explain how our day went or our concerns about exams. Like the big family that we believe ourselves to be, as you can expect, dinners or lunches are always one of the most important moments of our day to day and, do you know what? We want you to become part of them.
- Rooms: for a long period of time they will be your refuge so what you have to take account about them is: ventilation, natural light, location, mattresses (very important for relaxation) and, well, then there is the decoration but it now depends most on you. Would you like us to tell you a secret? We have rooms with kitchen and terrace; it is like the dressing room that every woman wants to have but a little better since they come to be the little flat everyone dreams about but without giving up friends, because you have them in the same room or in the room next door. Living with friends in the best way possible! And also you don’t have to worry about anything, our room service will take care to clean it and give you clean sheets each week.
- Outdoor areas: very, very important so you can get away a bit from your studies and enjoy your free time with other residents, we guarantee that you will end up as a family because we have seen it before.
What else can we tell you? Nor do we want to reveal all our secrets to you until you come and try our VR glasses 😉
Come and be part of the best community of students in Barcelona .
Aug 27 2018
What is NEAT, some of you may ask? Well, NEAT is Not-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, known to many of you as “I’ve thinned out without doing any sport”, understanding sport as a physical activity that is sustained over time, (how professional that sounds). Let’s get to the point: so, we know NEAT as those activities within our routine that make us lose weight. And today we are going to see what can help us activate NEAT. Why? Because we care about your health.
WE GET OUT OF THE ARMCHAIR, CHAIR OR BED
So, all the activities that we do, like, for example, climbing stairs, washing the car, taking the dog for a walk, are activities that activate NEAT; but this does not end here, we have more things to say.
Physical inactivity is one of the leading causes of heart problems, diabetes, hypertension, obesity and cancer. Having said that, we are going to see how we can improve these parameters.
- Walking 10,000 steps a day: experts have shown that walking between 8,000 and 10,000 steps is healthy, because that person is considered as moderately active; obviously the more you walk, so much the better. So, all of you download an application that has your daily steps and the recommended physical activity. And if what you want is to do sport… we have a gym and a solarium more than prepared to accompany your training routine.
- At the office: for all our thelofttowners who are working in an office this summer, we recommend that you get up once each hour, so not only will you be activating NEAT but you can rest your vision and improve circulation in your legs.
- Use the stairs: instead of the elevator; even if you believe that it is nonsense, we assure you that those steps you take to walk up the stairs will do you a lot of good during all your routine.
Have you got it all down? Believe us, that as student housing we are always looking for the best for you. It is for that reason that we investigate trends to always bring you the latest. Let’s all activate NEAT!
Aug 20 2018
We cannot say no when it comes to erasmus trips, seeing the world as we learn things from it and we train ourselves as future professionals; it is a concern that many of us have and we want to dive into the deep end to see the world. Well done! If not now, never. So for all those who still have doubts what to do, which erasmus trips may interest you most, or in which cities you want to live during your formative years… we leave a small compilation of best sellers of cities for your educational trips. Let’s get to it!
THE CORNERS OF THE WORLD THAT YOU HAVE TO KNOW
- Miami: it is impossible that the word beach doesn’t come to mind hearing Miami, and who has not dreamed of going there? Few cities in the world can compete with Miami when it comes to summer: the combination of beach, long days and crazy parties create the perfect cocktail to make it one of the favourite destination places for Erasmus trips. Right?
- Paris: the city of love, and where you can get lost among the big streets and tall buildings that make you feel in some way very small; it is a good time for fans of The Da Vinci Code, for example, to go to visit the Louvre Museum, climb the Eiffel Tower, go on a boat trip along the Seine and start to practice French; because another language on your record is never a bad thing.
- Barcelona: as if we were going to forget our beloved city! Last month we talked about the reason to come for Erasmus trips Barcelona, it will be a pleasant experience for you all, so we won’t go on any more; we just want to remind you that we are the student residence in Barcelona with the best community, and we await you with open arms.
You’re thinking about it twice, right? Don’t think any more and enjoy your Erasmus trips today.
Aug 15 2018
Golden bodies in the sun and the best Barcelona beaches in front of you; there is nothing better than enjoying this August lying in the sun, but wait, do you actually know all the Barcelona beaches where you can go? And you do not know it, but there are hidden corners in Barcelona which are waiting for your visit. You only have to read our blog post to find out what will be your next stop. Let’s get to it!
OUR SELECTION OF BARCELONA BEACHES
- Barceloneta: the best known of all, and the beach of la Barceloneta is an undisputed symbol of Barcelona; on this beach, starting with a refreshing swim, you can use the services it offers, such as: sports areas, rental of beach umbrellas, beach library, bike rental, lockers and showers and public toilets.
- Mar Bella: one of the most significant bays of Barceloneta, a quiet, family , place, and perfect to have a good time with all the thelofttowners. Now we ask you, please be very careful with the sun, your health is at stake and the sun’s damage is not repairable. What will you find on this beach? Refreshment stands and ice creams on sale, sports areas and lockers.
- Somorrostro: our last beach in this selection, which has a story to tell, was baptized with this name to pay homage to the shanty neighbourhood of Somorrostro , which after one hundred years of life, was knocked down in 1966 for the visit of Franco to Barcelona. The name of the beach and its history are what make this neighborhood an everlasting memory.
Which beach would you prefer? Sincerely, as we are in love with Barcelona we love each and every one of its beaches, and above all the beach bars that are close by. Would you like to sign up to eat a paella with us? There is no better way to enjoy the August.