The university professors you will have during your degree or master’s, like it or not
University is a change, that is clear, but there is a common factor which is repeated in all of them, and that is the profiles of university professors. If this is your first year you may not yet be able to make an overall assessment: you have not had them or even may not know them enough or, because you are now entering the second semester, but those who are already veterans can confirm it for you. Let’s see those profiles of professors that are repeated in each university 😉
- The model: needs no introduction, this is the young teacher who unfortunately only goes to teach a couple of weeks, as a substitute or just to give a final touch and extend the concepts of the subject that you’re being given.
- The one who doesn’t get the students’ liking: yes guys, there’s always a teacher willing to ask for the first part of the final project (not literally) for the same week as you have final exams, and they are like that: they like to torture students.
- The one who explains too fast: they always appear and the worst thing is that they are completely aware that they speak too fast. Maybe before you start the class they remind you to stop them if they speak too fast… but even so, these classes are often competitions of who’s able to take notes faster, forgetting nothing: because they don’t put the Power Points on the website 😉
- The funny one: the profile known by students as the one who makes jokes without sense and without any humour; his intention is good but you don’t end up getting everything.
- The example: the teacher who remains in the memory of all the students, who gets more than 40% of students to attend class and gets them motivated, and who in the future you keep in contact with.
How many have you had? Comment on our post! Surely you have a name for each type 😉